• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Movers from singapore to jb, recommendations ?

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quote from CHL............

Dear customer, the charges from singapore moving to jb : 10ft lorry-S$580, 14ft-S$780, 16ft-S$980,18ft $1280 20ft- S$1480 (included manpower door to door service ,normal packing) Relation Documents needed : 1 set Passport fotocopy & full address s.pore and m.sia. CHL Mover { Peter Lau +65-90629125 /013-7308194 or via email either http: //www.chlhousemovers.com

are u using them, bro?..

tell me about their service..

i have heard people getting quoted for S$1300 to S$1500 for the entire furniture of the house to be moved.
if that is the price, we can get new furniture over at JB..

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
are u using them, bro?..

tell me about their service..

i have heard people getting quoted for S$1300 to S$1500 for the entire furniture of the house to be moved.
if that is the price, we can get new furniture over at JB..

Yes will engage them to move my stuff .... They will send someone to yr place and see what size lorry is needed to move all things frommyr place. They settle all the documentation so peace of mind for me....

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
hmm... i still waiting for state approval... it has been 1 mth already since i waited...

the lawyer confident that by May 2012, i will be able to get the key..

I moving in earlier, I also waiting for approval. I have to leave by 19 April cos I hand over keys for my flat in sg...

Can't wait to leave now!!! I plan to put a king size and a queen size bed together in my room... Then I will have a super duper emperor bed!! Go swimming with my kids.... Enjoy life.....

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do not be fooled by the lorry size they quote. They don't actually have tiny 10 ft lorries, the measurement is the yardstick they use to quote you a price. So it is a matter of bargaining within the reasonableness of the quantity of your items. One of the thing they like to do is to request picking up your stuff at night, and delivering the next morning - that helps them to maximise the number of trips they can make.

Overall they are acceptable but nothing to shout about. The trouble comes if they have too many trips scheduled for a day cos' the workers' will rush like mad. That Lau guy is apparently the owner who do all the quotes.

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do not be fooled by the lorry size they quote. They don't actually have tiny 10 ft lorries, the measurement is the yardstick they use to quote you a price. So it is a matter of bargaining within the reasonableness of the quantity of your items. One of the thing they like to do is to request picking up your stuff at night, and delivering the next morning - that helps them to maximise the number of trips they can make.

Overall they are acceptable but nothing to shout about. The trouble comes if they have too many trips scheduled for a day cos' the workers' will rush like mad. That Lau guy is apparently the owner who do all the quotes.

hi, why cannot they pick up on the morning and deliver on the same day..

do u trust your stuffs with them for 1 day?... hmm...

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
I moving in earlier, I also waiting for approval. I have to leave by 19 April cos I hand over keys for my flat in sg...

Can't wait to leave now!!! I plan to put a king size and a queen size bed together in my room... Then I will have a super duper emperor bed!! Go swimming with my kids.... Enjoy life.....

u sold your HDB or you rented it away?...

by the way, did u bought at HH as well? which precinct ?

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi, why cannot they pick up on the morning and deliver on the same day..do u trust your stuffs with them for 1 day?... hmm...

Of course they can, you don't have to agree to their suggestion especially if your stuff have some value, just sharing my own experience.
They wrapped my stuff properly.. the only hickup was after the moving i asked the workers to help move one cabinet in the new place (an old cabinet), they were in a rush and did not bother to assess the situation, as they moved the entire cabinet collapsed and broke apart. So do be careful with them especially one Indian stuff who appears very laid back.

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course they can, you don't have to agree to their suggestion especially if your stuff have some value, just sharing my own experience.
They wrapped my stuff properly.. the only hickup was after the moving i asked the workers to help move one cabinet in the new place (an old cabinet), they were in a rush and did not bother to assess the situation, as they moved the entire cabinet collapsed and broke apart. So do be careful with them especially one Indian stuff who appears very laid back.

then did u get them to pay for what they damaged?...

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
u sold your HDB or you rented it away?...

by the way, did u bought at HH as well? which precinct ?

I sold my flat away, cos I tot of upgrade but eventually became downgrade due to bank loan not so good... 50% loan only,mthat means I have to fork out plenty cash, in the end give up Liao.......
Went to other website and saw what I like, went to see, bang...... My door closed for sg.....
After some Calculation, think its better to move to MY, almost every damn things is way cheaper than sg...
Really cannot tahan staying in sg. COE, ERP, buy a unit must buy season parking... My place here if u buy too late no more lot for u.. Got 1 time I bought the season parking without knowing they gave me few blks away!!
Kana summon 3 times total staying for 4 yrs plus...

Really cannot kana u know!? If yr car left few years COE, it's worth nothing, but when u buy a new car, the price is touching the sky already ! U can buy a few cars in other country Liao! Really bull shit the garment making us to be a freaking slave! Pay so much for a small HDB shit Hole and utilities bill and conservative charges like as some bro said can pay his MY monthly installments!:eek:

That was my 2nd HDB loaned flat. I have earned enough from the sales already. Now it's time to save money if possible while living in MY... I will see when I get my utilities bill... Hope not going to move again!

I didn't buy HH, cos no one show me around, maybe next time... Btw do u have to do Reno?? At 1st was thinking to buy bukit indah but after searching for the pic., found it not so nice. Only outside is nice, inside very bare and have to Reno a lot. The unit I bought no need Reno, all nicely done.. Like hotel! I dun mind lawyer fee or whatever fees I have to pay cos I saved a lot of time and money to do up the unit..

Last edited:

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi, why cannot they pick up on the morning and deliver on the same day..

do u trust your stuffs with them for 1 day?... hmm...

I ask the woman who doing the admin I think , she said they will deliver on the same day for me leh....
Cos I do it on weekday and not weekend so I think not many ppl moving weekdays.. I think my stuff is enough for a day trip for them... I have to buy more things before moving ... If not next time I got to move it myself!...
Got to make full use of them...

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
I sold my flat away, cos I tot of upgrade but eventually became downgrade due to bank loan not so good... 50% loan only,mthat means I have to fork out plenty cash, in the end give up Liao.......
Went to other website and saw what I like, went to see, bang...... My door closed for sg.....
After some Calculation, think its better to move to MY, almost every damn things is way cheaper than sg...
Really cannot tahan staying in sg. COE, ERP, buy a unit must buy season parking... My place here if u buy too late no more lot for u.. Got 1 time I bought the season parking without knowing they gave me few blks away!!
Kana summon 3 times total staying for 4 yrs plus...

Really cannot kana u know!? If yr car left few years COE, it's worth nothing, but when u buy a new car, the price is touching the sky already ! U can buy a few cars in other country Liao! Really bull shit the garment making us to be a freaking slave! Pay so much for a small HDB shit Hole and utilities bill and conservative charges like as some bro said can pay his MY monthly installments!:eek:

That was my 2nd HDB loaned flat. I have earned enough from the sales already. Now it's time to save money if possible while living in MY... I will see when I get my utilities bill... Hope not going to move again!

I didn't buy HH, cos no one show me around, maybe next time... Btw do u have to do Reno?? At 1st was thinking to buy bukit indah but after searching for the pic., found it not so nice. Only outside is nice, inside very bare and have to Reno a lot. The unit I bought no need Reno, all nicely done.. Like hotel! I dun mind lawyer fee or whatever fees I have to pay cos I saved a lot of time and money to do up the unit..

i understand what u have said.. sinkies are all encountering the same problem as you..

but we can only suffer in silence.. since we cannot defeat them, we have to find alternative ways to get done with it right?

there we are, looking at Johor.. but security is going to be a compromise..
but then what to do.. ? either security compromised or you do not have anything left in your pocket, daily you worried about not able to pay your bills..

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
i understand what u have said.. sinkies are all encountering the same problem as you..

but we can only suffer in silence.. since we cannot defeat them, we have to find alternative ways to get done with it right?

there we are, looking at Johor.. but security is going to be a compromise..
but then what to do.. ? either security compromised or you do not have anything left in your pocket, daily you worried about not able to pay your bills..

That is why i think we have to look after one another when staying there. we have to know our neighbours well and organize meet up session for members in this forum rather than keeping secretive behind the pc... organize shopping days together... bbq.... party.... beer drinking session... yr place or my place also no problem... we have to open up and not having a mind set as those living in sg.
once reached home close the door, everyone seems to be their enemies..
i used to stay in phil. i like to make friends, i will invite them for beer drinking and bbq..
my neighbours even offer to clear my garage and cut grass outside my gate. we have to open our heart and get to know more ppl not having a mind set that my neighbour will rob me, we treat ppl nice ppl will treat us nice. when u need help of course they will help.

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is why i think we have to look after one another when staying there. we have to know our neighbours well and organize meet up session for members in this forum rather than keeping secretive behind the pc... organize shopping days together... bbq.... party.... beer drinking session... yr place or my place also no problem... we have to open up and not having a mind set as those living in sg.
i used to stay in phil. i like to make friends, i will invite them for beer drinking and bbq..
my neighbours even offer to clear my garage and cut grass outside my gate. we have to open our heart and get to know more ppl not having a mind set that my neighbour will rob me, we treat ppl nice ppl will treat us nice. when u need help of course they will help.

yes, u are right.. in singapore, i feel there are lack of this bonding relationship that we have in the past.

everyone seems to be hiding behind their wooden doors ,and shut all matters to themselves.
my neighbour and me hardly talked to each other although we are just staying side by side..

no idea why we are having such a situation in Singapore.. If you talked about getting friends over to have a beer, chill out. i doubt that is possible. look at how much liquor costed in singapore.. ? thinking about that making u , keep everything to yourself..

My boss sitting beside me already treating me like an enemies, this is the culture here.. At Company retreat we are talking about bonding and teamwork, back in office, she treat me like an enemy..

this place is crazy... dont like the culture..

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes, u are right.. in singapore, i feel there are lack of this bonding relationship that we have in the past.

everyone seems to be hiding behind their wooden doors ,and shut all matters to themselves.
my neighbour and me hardly talked to each other although we are just staying side by side..

no idea why we are having such a situation in Singapore.. If you talked about getting friends over to have a beer, chill out. i doubt that is possible. look at how much liquor costed in singapore.. ? thinking about that making u , keep everything to yourself..

My boss sitting beside me already treating me like an enemies, this is the culture here.. At Company retreat we are talking about bonding and teamwork, back in office, she treat me like an enemy..

this place is crazy... dont like the culture..

this is the way they do things.... garment always pressure the nations, only know how to suck our money,. then the pressure pass down from one to another... everyone getting stressful, then they bacame selfish, after that they have hatred and heartless just like the garment in sg... u cant see them helping someone who fell down or begging for money....they became very proud and selfish, the only thing they r best in is complain.....complain this complain that.... those staying condo or landed in sg most really damn stuck up... they tot the whole building or estate all belong to them! Heard from my friend who drive taxi, 10 cents they also waiting for u to give them while those stay hdb will ask u keep the change. they even want the taxi to go short cuts just to save a few cent to pay their maintainance fees!!

The attitude of typical sg-ans can never use in other country..... u have to be as friendly asu can... to yr neighbours and ppl u meet when or ordering food....cos other country u cannot always want to complain.... they r slow in service, let them be...
if u bring the attitude from sg, always want fast fast..... jia luck and good luck!!:biggrin:

Lennyjames

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ask CHL Movers for a quote. Heard some bros here used them before.
http://www.chlhousemovers.com/home.html

I see this is quote an old topic but for the benefit of those who are going to make the move, we used Interswift Moving and Storage P/L (http://www.interswift.com.sg) for our move to EL in 2010. The manager in charge at that time was so-so but he did get the documentation in order (no tax was paid for electrical/electronic items - you know how that one goes). The team of 6 packers were good and they were careful to pack all our remaining items in an orderly fashion, categorized by where we wanted the items in the new home.

The move itself was smooth and very timely (perhaps there was no jam at that time) and the truck arrived about 5-6 hours after it had left SG. Nothing was lost or broken during the entire process. The cost for this exercise was approximately S$2000 (can't remember the exact figure) for a single 40-footer covered truck. They did not unpack the boxes which was fine but they did remove the clear wrap on everything else. Off-loading the entire truck took about 3 hours as there were only two guys to do the job.

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal

Stay MY already few months, just saw my previous posts. Felt really sad. :(