• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Can I change my religion

gymkhana

Alfrescian
Loyal
My dear friend. The source is not Sam Shamoun but by a guy name Silas.
He provided detailed references from the Quran and Hadiths and presented the case logically.

In other words, both in theory and in practice, apostasy is punishable by death under Islam, there is no doubt about it. I don't see the reason why you want to deny it? Are you a Muslim?
Are you embarassed that such teaching exists?

Ive already provided you with the answers and like I mentioned if you have a seal in your heart n mind i cannot help you.Provide me with the proof from the Quran and NOT from any anti Islamic website if you are indeed truthful that the punishment for apostasy in Islam is death. And so what if im a Muslim? Are you a Christian?

peace

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
What you have are claims, not proof. I am very sure you have not read Silas' article nor studied this issue in detail yourself. Can you be fair and read it please? I know its long but isn't it worth your time since it concerns your faith?
Me Christian.

gymkhana

Alfrescian
Loyal
What you have are claims, not proof. I am very sure you have not read Silas' article nor studied this issue in detail yourself. Can you be fair and read it please? I know its long but isn't it worth your time since it concerns your faith?
Me Christian.

HAHA it is actually you who have claims and no proof.If you accuse someone dont YOU have to provide the evidence?? what sort of court system do you loive in?? and let me give you more proofs that death is not the penalty for apostasy in Islam..in it theres various references to the Quranic text , its verses tat you can go look up if you indeed have the Quran.If you do not then dnload from itunes la.Kaoz

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Q_oKXh2oy8E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

there is no single verse in the Quran that says the punishment for apostasy is death. Listen to the ten minute video hope it enlightens you toward Islam.

In the meantime can you answer what i posted wrt Deutronomy 13 a few posts before regarding Death for apostasy in Christianity?

peace

Last edited:

gymkhana

Alfrescian
Loyal
And if you want to learn something do you go the source or go their enemies? Logically you should first go to the source to learn about it.
So your providing me a link to an anti Islamic website (ive been there and read the frivolous claims which have been rebutted by Answering -christianity by the way)
will not work. Do you really expect me to believe in some posts by anti-Islam evangelical crhistian? in this case you would believe anything and everything thats posted on the web so long as it agrees with your position.
Therefore i can now turn to you and say look at the posts from drifter and tan wahtiu and all the others (these posts are in the hundreds if not thousands) which refute the divinity of Jesus and provide proof that the Bible is not the word of God! its in todays scripture reading and it is now on page 90! most of the posts by drifter and the rest cannot be answered by any christian... maybe you should start answering them??

gymkhana

Alfrescian
Loyal
The evidence is all there? You did not even read n you dismiss it. How to discuss with you?

I ll tell you again, the onus is on you to provide the proof since you are the one making that claim that the Quran prescribes the death penalty for apostasy...Just provide me one verse in the Quran that says so and you would have won ..very simple.

No need for any other link here and there to anti Islamic propoganda..If indeed there is a verse then tell me which one.

Yet you have not answered the question on Death for Apostasy in Christianity answer deutronomy 13 as i have posted in a long post for you ..

gymkhana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Proof already given You choses to ignore
N

what proof you gave me a link to an Anti Islamic website wuahahaha i can also do the same to you but i shall use my own intellect and debate based on the quotes from the bible which you have not and cannot explain..Explain why is it that the death penalty is in your bible? please now is the time to do so.

as for your request that i read the article from your anti Islam website , i have already read it and even in that article they (silas your friend) have admitted that nowhere in the Quran does it say that the punishment for apostates is death in Islam..

peace

Last edited:

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
Being an Hindu, there is no rules that You cannot change religion.
If You want to change religion, You can simply proceed to a church or get baptized in the church.

Be warn of Christianity and Islam. There is nothing wrong with these religions but once You convert to these religions, what I know is You can't change.

It is like why You never get Your Boyfriend convert into Hindu?

Being a Hindu , or Taoist or Buddhist ... You still can pray to Jesus and other gods and dieities.
I have Hindu friends who have Jesus, Mother Mary, Guan Ti, Tua Peh Kong in their Altars.

must be either a confused person or a weirdo. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
I belongs to Brahmin(Hindu) family and b.f belongs to christian family and I want to marry with him but problem is our religion. I want to change my religion from Hindu to christian. can I change my religion what step I need to take for this decision. please help me.

you can change to whatever they want you to ,it doesn't matter at all if you choose what to believe based on some requirement , like in you case you want to marry so you have to believe in Christ.
this kind of conversion is only "deceiving oneself and other".

one the other hand , you can be whatever outwardly ,
but if you firmly believe that hinduism is the true and correct religion then secretly you can still following its teaching.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
I belongs to Brahmin(Hindu) family and b.f belongs to christian family and I want to marry with him but problem is our religion. I want to change my religion from Hindu to christian. can I change my religion what step I need to take for this decision. please help me.

Why not get him to change his? If he loves you deep enough then his religion, he will do it. My husband (boyfriend at that time) switch from a Baptised Christian to become buddhist. Now we are a vegetarian family.

You will suceed If you persist. :smile:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
contrary to what sylvester134 said, in Christianity, anyone is free to leave the religion, there is no compulsion. However under Islam, apostasy is punishable by death even though its illegal here. Those Muslims who quit Islam in Singapore gets ostracised but not killed instead. many get kicked out of the house and disowned.

My Malay uncle have two daughters married to F/Ts. One of them is a Chinese. The other is an Aussie. We still treat our cousins as relatives. Did not ostracise them. Never force them to go mosque. They are adults already. If they chose not to be practising Muslims, so be it. Those two F/Ts also believe in their own faiths which is not Islam. Theres no compulsion in islam.

Last edited:

JigSAW

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My Malay uncle have two daughters married to F/Ts. One of them is a Chinese. The other is an Aussie. We still treat our cousins as relatives. Did not ostracise them. Never force them to go mosque. They are adults already. If they chose not to be practising Muslims, so be it. Those two F/Ts also believe in their own faiths which is not Islam. Theres no compulsion in islam.
But what about their diet as it may still be sensative.

gymkhana

Alfrescian
Loyal
if you think that was good , ill show you something even better.

What does the Bible say about how to deal with people who change their religion and turn away from Christianity?

shall we start with deutronomy chapter 13?

king james version ok with you?

Deuteronomy

Chapter 13

KJV

1 If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder, 2 And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them; 3 Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the LORD your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul. 4 Ye shall walk after the LORD your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him. 5 And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death; because he hath spoken to turn you away from the LORD your God, which brought you out of the land of Egypt, and redeemed you out of the house of bondage, to thrust thee out of the way which the LORD thy God commanded thee to walk in. So shalt thou put the evil away from the midst of thee.

6 If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers; 7 Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth; 8 Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him: 9 But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. 10 And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage. 11 And all Israel shall hear, and fear, and shall do no more any such wickedness as this is among you.

12 If thou shalt hear say in one of thy cities, which the LORD thy God hath given thee to dwell there, saying, 13 Certain men, the children of Belial, are gone out from among you, and have withdrawn the inhabitants of their city, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which ye have not known; 14 Then shalt thou inquire, and make search, and ask diligently; and, behold, if it be truth, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought among you; 15 Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly, and all that is therein, and the cattle thereof, with the edge of the sword. 16 And thou shalt gather all the spoil of it into the midst of the street thereof, and shalt burn with fire the city, and all the spoil thereof every whit, for the LORD thy God: and it shall be an heap for ever; it shall not be built again. 17 And there shall cleave nought of the cursed thing to thine hand: that the LORD may turn from the fierceness of his anger, and show thee mercy, and have compassion upon thee, and multiply thee, as he hath sworn unto thy fathers; 18 When thou shalt hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep all his commandments which I command thee this day, to do that which is right in the eyes of the LORD thy God.

So as you can see, the punishment of apostasy in Christianity is DEATH, and not only that, the one who tries to convert you is also to be put the death!!!! Note even whole cities are to be destroyed!!!!

So Christians are the last one to talk about the punishment of apostasy, since the punishment for apostasy according to the Bible is DEATH.

What will Christians now say? Will they come up with the typical lie they always say when put in a hole that 'oh no we don’t have to follow the OT anymore'. That has become quite a famous line now, anyways, I would like the Christian to show me where this rule has been abrogated or told to not be followed. I have not seen it in the NT.

Secondly, note the ending of the verse, it says KEPP ALL HIS COMMANDMENTS, which also include this command to kill apostates and those who try to convert you. Let us read what Jesus said in the NT:

Luke 10:

18. A certain ruler asked him, "Good teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?"

19. "Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good--except God alone.(shows you by the way that Jesus upon whom be peace is NOT GOD ALMIGHTY)

20. You know the commandments: 'Do not commit adultery, do not murder, do not steal, do not give false testimony, honor your father and mother.' "

21. "All these I have kept since I was a boy," he said.

22. When Jesus heard this, he said to him, "You still lack one thing. Sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

So as Jesus himself said, you know the commandments don’t you? Yes, you do, so as Jesus said follow them. And what do we read at the end of Deuteronomy 13:

18 When thou shalt hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep all his commandments which I command thee this day, to do that which is right in the eyes of the LORD thy God

So it says keep the commandments, which included killing apostates and those who try to convert you, what did Jesus say? Keep the commandments, ALL OF THEM. Which includes this law of apostasy.

So Christians are the LAST to be talking about freedom to convert. This is just a typical missionary tactic, which is becoming very common now, this also shows how pathetic Christian missionaries really are, and it does show how pathetic some Christian people are also, since they always come preaching how bad Islam is and how Christianity grants freedom for all, obviously they talk from ignorance since most Christians have never even read their own Bible. I am not trying to be offensive in saying that, but it is true, Christians should start reading their own Bible, and read the filth found in it, when you tell a Christian that Judah had sex with his daughter in law and that Jesus comes from this lineage, they call you a liar and a pervert which shows how little they know about their own Bible.

Where are you Kanina !?? Come out and answer this post don't run away anymore!!!

gymkhana

Alfrescian
Loyal
this is another former Pentecostal practicing Christian who was told by his dad that Islam was evil..He found out the truth from his own research.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LPFvvW4djOc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Marican

Alfrescian
Loyal
Allow me to jump in too and burst your bubble.Nah bro.The almighty one is in you unless this concept of an almighty can be proven.Same goes for tHe creator of the universe.The almighty god is merely like He-Man - master of the universe.Not God.Get the logic?

Allow me to jump in. Your friend got so many gods ? Then which is the almighty one? The creator of the universe ?
There logically should be only One.

gymkhana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Allow me to jump in too and burst your bubble.Nah bro.The almighty one is in you unless this concept of an almighty can be proven.Same goes for tHe creator of the universe.The almighty god is merely like He-Man - master of the universe.Not God.Get the logic?

My two sen worth is if u need proof of the Almighty just look within yourself as you do rightly mentioned.
Peace