• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Legal issues/questions - Anything to do with lawyers and banks

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Resale full cash payment

I did. I took an equity loan against my sg terrace which almost doubled in value at 1.48% pa. So it is totally bought with loan. Repaying 1200 per mth. But can get to keep title deed as paying with full cash (ie the equity loan).

Good Luck! Get out from the m&d and mai tio jia. :smile:

brownie

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi all,

Need your advice as below :- Bought a service apartment, Loan has been approved by bank but the law firm unable to submit for the final submission due to the unit is bumi lot unable to convert to international lot.

If has been waited for about 5 months, what should i do ?

Developer said "has to wait" or "Can the signed agreement be valid within a certain period" or etc...

Anyone to advise further on the above case .

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, do I need to engage my own lawyer if buying directly from developer?

You can, but good luck trying to get the developer to ammend clauses in their standard SPA. The other thing is that if you get your own lawyer, not sure if the developer will want to deal with you. anyway i haven't tried. if you do, pls share the experiene with us here

Last edited:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can, but good luck trying to get the developer to ammend clauses in their standard SPA. The other thing is that if you get your own lawyer, not sure if the developer will want to deal with you. anyway i haven't tried. if you do, pls share the experiene with us here

Used own lawyer, no more freebies..:biggrin:

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the insights. I take it that it means I better buy from developer with good reputation and use their lawyer with good faith.
If want to use own lawyer, means I don't trust the developer, so better don't buy.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Coming back to same topic. The developer is working for the developer's interest and not the buyer. If we do not have own lawyer, how are our interest guarded? Heard it is mandatory for buyer in sg to have own lawyer to liase with developer's lawyer.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yah, I think generally is ok one lah. For the sake of freebies and money savings I will go with developer lawyer. I cheapskate one. Hee hee...

Look out where e locals buy into.. it shd be safe. At least can hug together n die..:p

JohorRookie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is it still possible for get to get into the resale market and buy a terrace or townhouse for RM500K ?

I mentioned "resale" because only projects approved after May 2014 are subject to the RM 1 million rule.

I don't have to be near Johor Bahru.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
For cash buyer, he will directly remit to developer right? No need to go through any lawyer.

Also, for state levy, will the buyer receive any letter from state after paying? Is it equivalent to state consent?

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
For cash buyer, he will directly remit to developer right? No need to go through any lawyer.

Also, for state levy, will the buyer receive any letter from state after paying? Is it equivalent to state consent?

State levy is different from state consent which can take a long time to get like 6 to 9 months. Mine took 7 months from SPA date.

Satrat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,I need urgent advice on this matter.
I brought a unit from IJM at Nusa Duta in year 2012.
VP and keys were collected in July 2014,unit fully pay up.
Couple weeks after that, was informed by developer lawyer that my unit State Consent have issue, due to some new policy changes in Land Office.
Have resigned SnP 3 times since our purchase from 2012, as required by IJM lawyer handing our purchase.
Now last minute we were told by IJM / lawyer due to unit state consent ''not approved'' we will have to give up the unit.
Need advise urgently, my hp +6596623009
Thank you.