• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Legal issues/questions - Anything to do with lawyers and banks

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,I need urgent advice on this matter.
I brought a unit from IJM at Nusa Duta in year 2012.
VP and keys were collected in July 2014,unit fully pay up.
Couple weeks after that, was informed by developer lawyer that my unit State Consent have issue, due to some new policy changes in Land Office.
Have resigned SnP 3 times since our purchase from 2012, as required by IJM lawyer handing our purchase.
Now last minute we were told by IJM / lawyer due to unit state consent ''not approved'' we will have to give up the unit.
Need advise urgently, my hp +6596623009
Thank you.

Bro
Now the lawyer got conflict of interest. Between u n developer the lawyer will look after the developer interest if got problems. i also use developer lawyer so cannot be of much help. If any bros or sis here got use own lawyer can help this bro? Bro if ur lawyer is not Syed Alwi (office in city square) then maybe you can engage or consult them for legal opinion.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Couple weeks after that, was informed by developer lawyer that my unit State Consent have issue, due to some new policy changes in Land Office.
Have resigned SnP 3 times since our purchase from 2012, as required by IJM lawyer handing our purchase.
Now last minute we were told by IJM / lawyer due to unit state consent ''not approved'' we will have to give up the unit.
Thank you.

Wow, what an outrageous case! Who is your lawyer?? I dealt with both 'Tan & Lee' and 'Mak Ng Shao & Kee' before. Their offices are at City Square. You can check with them on legal advice.

But I think u need to clarify with your lawyer on the exact issues first.... Your outline of the facts is a bit too vague. From what you wrote, I think you seem to have issues with the subsequent individual title issuance....... If its really the case, it may affect a lot of the bros & sis in this forum......

Satrat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Narmi,RedsYNWA..

Thanks for your reply,will keep the Lawyer firms you both mention in case I need to go seek legal advice.
Ya,Developer Lawyer from LimSoh& Goonting-sure conflict of interest acting for both parties..my comments this guy handling our deal is unprofessional and unhelpful-100% do not use them.

Trusted IJM, now last minute got into this mess.I understand few other owners are facing this same issues,their reason was Land Office have change new policies and rules.
I be meeting IJM management guys tomorrow,hoped they can come up with a good solution.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rule no 1. U cant own any house in MY without approved state consent.
Rule no 2. Documents signed all bo pa kie if ignored rule no 1.

Hard truths.

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you.

My previous legal firms always waited for the state consent before they even bother calling me up to proceed with any further signing and payment. This sounds like the legal firm is not very professional and just wanted to get the legal fees. Suggest you check if the state consent is even submitted to the state for consent, and the reasons for rejection if it was already submitted. Best is to change legal firm to handle.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Without further details, I would guess the most possible reason is because the developer did not meet the foreigner/ local/bumi quota requirement and has to let go some of the foreign buyers. only medini and Countrygarden danga bay has no such restrictions, according to report.

Satrat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi bros,

Noted on all feed backs,thank you.

We do know without State Consents approval all be Void.

The developer and lawyer handling the whole deal been very unprofessional and not transparent.
All this time we been told by the lawyer and IJM..''waiting for State Consent..your case should n't have issue''.

As per FHBH12,IJM /Lawyer should have waited for the state consent before they even bother to proceed with any further signing and payment, we wasn't brief on this issue before.
Worst was IJM/Lawyer keep sending payment on the unit, till VP and keys collected.

What's the best option for my case bro..
We been put into this mess last minute due to their unprofessional attitude and lack of transparency and accountability.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
My previous legal firms always waited for the state consent before they even bother calling me up to proceed with any further signing and payment. This sounds like the legal firm is not very professional and just wanted to get the legal fees. Suggest you check if the state consent is even submitted to the state for consent, and the reasons for rejection if it was already submitted. Best is to change legal firm to handle.

I give lawyer firm1.5 mth lead time. By 2.5 mth, end of my sleepless nights.:p

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi bros,

The developer and lawyer handling the whole deal been very unprofessional and not transparent.
All this time we been told by the lawyer and IJM..''waiting for State Consent..your case should n't have issue''.

As per FHBH12,IJM /Lawyer should have waited for the state consent before they even bother to proceed with any further signing and payment, we wasn't brief on this issue before.
Worst was IJM/Lawyer keep sending payment on the unit, till VP and keys collected.

We been put into this mess last minute due to their unprofessional attitude and lack of transparency and accountability.

I think you need to engage a lawyer since there is probably a lot of profit at stake if the sale is not void. First you need to get official letter from the developer/lawyer stating exact reason for the state consent being not approved. This will help you determine who is at fault and whether you can sue the party at fault for compensation or damages.

Satrat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you ginfreely,have met up with developer director yesterday on the issue.Seem like their staffs /lawyer handling my unit begin unprofessional.
He be looking into the whole issue and hopefully will be able to help me dissolved the mess.
If all fails will seek legal ways to clear this mess.

nusaduta

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good luck Satrat.

I have bought a unit at Nusa Duta too and the lawyer was also Lim Soh and Goonting. At the point of signing S&P, the lawyer advised that the land has been subdivided and we specifically asked if we will be bearing the Curia Harta and Curia tanah but he told us clearly NO, as this is just like any other project and only upon VP then we need to assume our responsibility.

We have since then received letter from the government on the Cukai Harta and Cukai Tanah that we have been defaulting on the payment for Nusa Duta land, which is still under construction. IJM office asked us to refer to lawyer and the same lawyer replied that the S&P indicated that it is our responsibility!

This is how unprofessional they are and we basically have no avenue but to quietly pay up!!! We bought on IJM reputation and this is a huge regret.

Hi Narmi,RedsYNWA..

Thanks for your reply,will keep the Lawyer firms you both mention in case I need to go seek legal advice.
Ya,Developer Lawyer from LimSoh& Goonting-sure conflict of interest acting for both parties..my comments this guy handling our deal is unprofessional and unhelpful-100% do not use them.

Trusted IJM, now last minute got into this mess.I understand few other owners are facing this same issues,their reason was Land Office have change new policies and rules.
I be meeting IJM management guys tomorrow,hoped they can come up with a good solution.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi bros,

see whether IJM developer/director can make under table arrangement with e state. Ops...i mean going proper procedure..:biggrin: GooD Luck.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
see whether IJM developer/director can make under table arrangement with e state. Ops...i mean going proper procedure..:biggrin: GooD Luck.

I think must know first what is the real reason for the state consent being rejected before a suitable solution can be devised.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good luck Satrat.

I have bought a unit at Nusa Duta too and the lawyer was also Lim Soh and Goonting. At the point of signing S&P, the lawyer advised that the land has been subdivided and we specifically asked if we will be bearing the Curia Harta and Curia tanah but he told us clearly NO, as this is just like any other project and only upon VP then we need to assume our responsibility.

We have since then received letter from the government on the Cukai Harta and Cukai Tanah that we have been defaulting on the payment for Nusa Duta land, which is still under construction. IJM office asked us to refer to lawyer and the same lawyer replied that the S&P indicated that it is our responsibility!

This is how unprofessional they are and we basically have no avenue but to quietly pay up!!! We bought on IJM reputation and this is a huge regret.

I recall my salesperson telling me of this individual title thing. It is supposed to be an advantage to buyers as developer already carved out the land to individual title means can transfer title to owner and get title deed very quickly unlike other developers who are still holding on to the master title. I thought the developer should only transfer title after VP. But if they didn't transfer title to you already, you wouldn't be receiving the taxes billing in your name. Maybe can find out whether this is standard practice to do MOT before completion. If not, can ask developer to compensate you.

Satrat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi potter,
I will leave that to the developer management to do what ever means to secure the unit state Consents, can't tell them go under table as ''legally'' sala leh hahaaa..

Can only hoped this guys can get their shits right to dissolved the mess this time.
Thank you all.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi potter,
I will leave that to the developer management to do what ever means to secure the unit state Consents, can't tell them go under table as ''legally'' sala leh hahaaa..

Can only hoped this guys can get their shits right to dissolved the mess this time.
Thank you all.

In short, good luck to you, to find a right/vvip person in ijm to resolve e issue.

If you make a deal with a twit, don't be surprised when they act foolishly . :o

Last edited:

Bubble

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi bros,

Hi buying a unit under IJM as well.I hv told the people there about this issue and said everybody is watching how they handle this issue.Hooefully they can resolve it with you nicely .

OR else it will be bad for their reputation .

Do update us on the outcome

Wish the best

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysian dont need state consent right?

I suppose for aliens only.

Malaysia among best places for foreign property owners
Dec 29, 2014

Malaysia has one of the most liberal policies on foreign property ownership among Southeast Asian Nations, according to London-based property consultancy Knight Frank.

However, aliens must first obtain a state government’s approval before they can be permitted to buy a residential property. Failure to comply could result in a rescindable transaction, it said.

Despite this inconvenience, foreigners can freely own all types of properties anywhere in the country like landed houses, industrial facilities, commercial units and high-rise apartments, but purchases are subject to the RM2 million minimum price.

Except for Malay reserve land, wherein ownership is prohibited, aliens can posses these properties under their own name.

Thus, Malaysia’s real estate rules are more accommodating to foreign buyers, unlike for some ASEAN nations where ownership is strictly regulated, Knight Frank concluded.

In the Philippines, for instance, aliens are not allowed to purchase land and property except for condominiums. Similarly, foreigner cannot acquire a freehold property in Indonesia, while in Thailand they’re also not allowed to buy property, except for condos as long as 51 percent of a project’s units are earmarked for Thais.

This means, Malaysia’s property market is more appealing than those aforementioned markets. As such, it’s not surprising that its real estate sector appeals to Singaporeans, Britons, Australians and Americans, it added.

Farah Wahida, Editor of PropertyGuru, wrote this story. To contact her about this or other stories email [email protected]

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/prop...sia-among-best-places-for-foreign-property-ow