• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mudlaysia just sent this young Saudi poet to his death

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have been following this case with interest since Friday. Poor Hamza is just a young man expressing himself....

His infamous tweet:
"I have loved things about you and I have hated things about you and there is a lot I don't understand about you. I will not pray for you."

12 February 2012

Last updated at 08:27 GMT

Malaysia deports Saudi journalist Hamza Kashgari
Malaysian authorities have deported a Saudi journalist accused of insulting the Prophet Muhammad in a tweet.

_58421522_7356d9v1.jpg

Mr Kashgari's controversial tweet sparked more than 30,000 responses, including death threats

Police confirmed to the BBC that Hamza Kashgari was sent back to Saudi Arabia on Sunday despite protests from human rights groups.

Mr Kashgari's controversial tweet last week sparked more than 30,000 responses and several death threats.

Insulting the prophet is considered blasphemous in Islam and is punishable by death in Saudi Arabia.

Mr Kashgari, 23, fled Saudi Arabia last week and was detained upon his arrival in the Malaysian capital Kuala Lumpur on Thursday.

He had tweeted his doubts about Muhammad on the prophet's birthday last week. Saudi clerics condemned his remarks as blasphemous.

Injunction

Mr Kashgari apologised and deleted the tweet, but when he continued to receive threats, he left for Malaysia.

The two countries do not have a formal extradition treaty but Malaysia has good relations with Saudi Arabia as a fellow Muslim country, says the BBC's Jennifer Pak, in Kuala Lumpur.

Mr Kashgari's lawyer obtained an injunction on Sunday to allow him to stay in Malaysia until his case was heard, but it was too late, our correspondent says.

"The nature of the charges against the individual in this case are a matter for the Saudi Arabian authorities," Malaysia's home ministry said in a statement.

Amnesty International has warned
that Mr Kashgari could be executed in Saudi Arabia if he is found guilty of apostasy.

"If the Malaysian authorities hand over Hamza Kashgari to Saudi Arabia, they could end up complicit in any violations he suffers," said Hassiba Hadj Sahraoui of Amnesty's Middle East division.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TS, if you had reposted the tweet in Saudi then you also risk getting beheaded.

not to worry. in the city I'm in right now, the residents tend to lynch, behead or burn them alive once every 20 years or so.

Hamza is one of the few young people who is questioning the religion he was born into. It's just sad if they shut him up.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Muslims of course help muslims mah especially since this is saudi arabia the land that began the entire islam thing. This saudi guy is damn stupid. Of all the countries he goes to an islamic country like mudland. Go to a western country.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Muslims of course help muslims mah especially since this is saudi arabia the land that began the entire islam thing. This saudi guy is damn stupid. Of all the countries he goes to an islamic country like mudland. Go to a western country.

For once, I agree with you. This chap should have gone to a western country and renounced Islam since he doesn't believe in it. He could easily qualify for fast track immigration under protection against religious persecution. Recall the Salman Rushdie case. Now he's Sir Salman Rushdie.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For once, I agree with you. This chap should have gone to a western country and renounced Islam since he doesn't believe in it. He could easily qualify for fast track immigration under protection against religious persecution. Recall the Salman Rushdie case. Now he's Sir Salman Rushdie.

i don't think it's the first time you agreed with me but it's pretty common sense if you do something that's considered blasphemous it's like almost every single muslim nation out there has the obligation to actually take action against you, it was stupidity on his part.

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal

Actually, he was on his way to an ang mo country, NZ. His fatal mistake is to take a non-direct flight via Malaysia

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
These Wahabbis crazy Islamic fucktards will all be baying for his blood back in Riyadh... This guy is a dead man walking.. And he will really be dead at the hands of those barbaric Camel Fuckers..

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Islam, or more exactly, the leaders of Islam need a reformation - to be more human.

Not one person is hurt from this tweet - why the bloody outrage? These buggers should look at bigger issues to be tackled. Poverty, health, local injustices, ....

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i was listening to a BBC report and they sort of analyse this case. it is not 100% that he will be beheaded, there were previous case where the culprit got off with imprisonment / 75 lashes of cane. i.e. not death.

depends on what Saudi do, probably they are now under media spotlight regarding this and with Middle East not exactly peaceful now, they may handle this with a light handed manner. Regardless, Saudi is one of the most ironic regime. On surface, they are ultra conservative, inside, anything goes.