• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

WP 的 <步步惊心> (Scarlet Hammer)

skponggol

Alfrescian
Loyal
The recent events surrounding WP as well as the internal power politics within the party can actually be easily explained and analysed in simple layman term by referencing to the ever-popular TV drama <步步惊心>……

One can even predict the future by watching the this engrossing TV wayang series.....

WP 的 <步步惊心> (Scarlet Hammer) Episode 10: 废位风波…....

皇阿玛 has been the Party leader and Hougang MP for decades. He is widely credited for ushering the golden era of “后港盛世” to the good people of Hougang. As he grows old, he has appointed 太子爷 to inherit his MP seat in Hougang.

Last edited:

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wahaha good one bro. So Angela is Ruoxi, LTK is Kangxi, YSL is 2nd prince. Who are 8th and 14th prince? Who are 4th and 13th prince? Please bro continue the story. All bros please continue the story. WP can make TV series already. Wah shiok ROTFLOL

Uppoints Skponggol :smile:

Last edited:

skponggol

Alfrescian
Loyal

However, 太子爷 is an uncharismatic, unpopular mediocre 阿斗 and do not have much support both within the Party and outside the Party. In fact, he won his landslide mandate in Hougang by riding onto the coat-tails of 皇阿玛’s "后港盛世” legacy as Hougang people continues to have fond memories of 皇阿玛 and his human touch, rarely seen among all the MPs. All the other 阿哥 in the party are also unimpressed with 太子爷’s capability and leadership. There are many 阿哥 who are ambitious and desire his Hougang seat for themselves. They have formed different gangs within the party to plot against 太子爷 and to bring him down.

Despite his obvious shortcomings, 皇阿玛 has continued to maintain an inexplicable deep affection and love for 太子爷. Unlike all the other 阿哥, 太子爷 had joined the Party almost as an orphan and was alone and isolated from the beginning. 皇阿玛 took it upon himself and has personally groomed him, trained him to become a political leader and to succeed him. This strong, emotional father-son relationship between these 2 men is unparalleled among all the other 阿哥. It bears an unspoken, unbreakable and an unshaken umbilical cord between 皇阿玛 and 太子爷.

But 太子爷 is not only incompetent, but also a notorious womaniser. Worse, he was rumoured to be even sleeping with other party members, even 皇阿玛’s favourite protege… When the evidence and witnesses fall into the hands of the other 阿哥, they conspire to leak it out to the media. Deeply angered, 皇阿玛 orders 太子爷 under house arrest and suspends him from all Party activities including suddenly cancelling his weekly MPS.

Last edited:

skponggol

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sensing that 太子爷’s Hougang seat is going to be 废, all the other 阿哥 work even harder to win that much coveted seat.

大阿哥 is the first to strike…..

大阿哥 has joined the Party earlier than 太子爷 and has always believed that he, as a more senior party member, should be the legitimate inheritor of the Hougang seat. Unhappy and frustrated by 皇阿玛’s unreasonable favouritism to 太子爷, 大阿哥 has been prowling the ground and the Net, attacking 太子爷 and tells everyone that it would be better for the Party that 太子爷 be sacked.

When rumours of 太子爷’s alleged affair was exposed, 大阿哥 gathers his 4 bodyguards (四大护法) and a 太子爷’s cursed figure to the latter’s weekly Hougang MPS, so as to curse and swear at him in front of reporters gathered down there. 大阿哥 may think that he has finally had his revenge and by being at the Hougang MPS, he has reserved the seat for himself. But it backfired as it angered and annoyed 皇阿玛 even further. It also makes him become a hate figure to be ridiculed both within and outside the Party. 皇阿玛 decides to exile him to political wilderness in TOC and ban him from ever standing for election.

Last edited:

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
You say like that, I know who 4th prince and 13th prince liao. 4th prince is YJJ. They announce promote him to treasurer after sacking YSL. Treasurer is power no play play. Just like Kangxi promote 4th prince after sacking 2nd prince. 13th prince must be GG. Both already NCMP earlier. But who the 8th prince and 14th prince gang? Any WP insider bro please contribute.

Anyway good for me also. I live in Joo Chiat and vote YJJ but KNN lost by a little nia. My neighbor even bigger YJJ fan. Go steal his poster from lampost to keep as souvenir LOL

Last edited:

skponggol

Alfrescian
Loyal

Among all the 阿哥, 八阿哥 is the most charismatic and wildly popular. He has won wide acclaim and hearts of the people with excellent speeches in parliament and deeds with common touch which has made him look simply normal and human. Widely hailed as “八贤王”, 八阿哥 has ganged up with the other 阿哥 in the CEC, namely 九阿哥 and 十阿哥, and together with many grassroot Party members to form the formidable 八爷党 and to challenge the impotent, ragtag, crumbling 太子党.

However, 八阿哥’s enormous and growing fame as well as prestige both within and outside the Party has drawn the inevitable suspicion and ire of 皇阿玛. 皇阿玛 does not like anyone to outshine his position in the Party and threaten his power and influence. He especially dislikes 八阿哥 for openly forming gang and clichés which would disrupt Party rules and discipline that would ultimately undermine his leadership. Former powerful party power-brokers like 明珠&索额图 as well as ET & GMS, who dare to challenge and disobey 皇阿玛 were banished into eternal exile.

In fact, 皇阿玛 is doting so much on太子爷 not simply because of pure love and affection, but also because of his hopeless mediocrity and blind obedience. 皇阿玛 feels that his position and power within the Party would be safely secured by having the unthreatening, useless 太子爷 holding his power base in Hougang.

Although八阿哥 has openly claimed that his only ambition is to be 魏徵, 皇阿玛 suspects that he aspires to be 唐太宗….And he worries that 八阿哥 may emulate his idol and creates another 玄武门之变. It also brings back unpleasant memories of how 皇阿玛 plotting against his old mentor JBJ. Years ago, 皇阿玛, who was then the close confidante of JBJ, won his Party leadership by quietly building up popular grassroot support and ganging up with other Party elders to kick JBJ out of the Party. Seeing the growing popularity of八阿哥, 皇阿玛 fears that he may suffer the same fate as 唐高祖 and JBJ. Worse, he begins to dream of 隋炀帝’s father and Lim Chin Siong, the leaders of the other party who were also unceremoniously betrayed by their close ones….

skponggol

Alfrescian
Loyal

Feeling deeply besieged, the 太子党 assembles their supporters to defend 太子爷. At the weekly Hougang MPS, just a week prior to the critical CEC Meeting, the 太子党 summons the Party’s Ten “大内总管” so as to demonstrate 太子爷’s strong support and enormous influence within the Party. This is to warn all the 阿哥 not to challenge 太子爷’s position during the CEC Meeting. But it fell onto the deaf ears.

At the monthly Executive Council Meeting, the “八爷党” moblised all their supporters inside the CEC and the grassroot movement to gather petition for the removal of 太子爷 from his Hougang seat (废去席位) and be replaced by 八阿哥. The “八爷党” argue that this will restore public confidence to the Party as well as rallying Party grassroot members who have been deeply demoralized and divided since 太子爷’s alleged rumour is leaked. By having the ever-popular “八贤王” taking over Hougang seat, it will secure another landslide victory and continue the legacy of “后港盛世”.

skponggol

Alfrescian
Loyal

When 皇阿玛 sees almost all the CEC members gang up to support 八阿哥 at the Meeting, sad and painful images of 唐高祖 and JBJ.flash thru his mind. 皇阿玛 senses that this is a firing shot of 玄武门之变, and decides to support 太子爷 so as to protect his own position within the Party.

“你们想反了 !” 皇阿玛 Hammers loudly and ferociously at the Meeting.

皇阿玛 rejects their petition arbitrarily . Instead, he explains that 太子爷’s weird behaviour is mainly caused by 大阿哥 who has been bringing the cursed figure of 太子爷 all over the Net to bring curse and misfortune upon him. Once 大阿哥 has been exposed and punished, 太子爷 should regain normality and thus should not be removed from his Hougang seat. Overwhelmed by 皇阿玛’s ferocity, the “八爷党” backs off and agree to issue a statement allowing 太子爷 to remain as MP.

skponggol

Alfrescian
Loyal

However, 皇阿玛 also realises the damage to the Party image caused by 太子爷’s rumours. The people in Hougang and party members will no longer support 太子爷’s leadership. Thus he also removes 太子爷 from CEC and make him focus solely on his Hougang duty.

皇阿玛 also worries about the deadly threat posed by the opponent from the other Party, the Tsar.

Ever since the last war, the Tsar has been busy building more HDB flats, MRT stations, public hospitals, canals, buses, stadiums, etc to raise and support a GRC and SMC army for his final assault to take back Hougang and Aljunied. He has also recruited foreign talents, mainly Chinese Tartars and Indian Cossacks, to penetrate into WP Heartland. The Tartar and the Cossack mercenaries have been secretly conducting scorched-earth guerrilla attack, spreading frenzied rumours and wild threats so as to strike fear and terror into WP Heartland and forced them into submission and repentance.

Ever since the alleged rumours, 皇阿玛 has come to the sad and unavoidable conclusion that 太子爷 is not strong enough to defend Hougang against the PAP Cossacks. His “后港盛世” legacy would be very much threatened if 太子爷 were to remain in Hougang seat.

Although 太子爷 has been restored to his Hougang seat, he no longer has the trust and confidence of皇阿玛. 皇阿玛 knows that to continue the golden legacy of his “后港盛世”, ultimately 太子爷 has to be replaced. But by who ???? The stalemate at CEC Meeting allow him to buy some time and space to look for other non-threatening alternatives.

skponggol

Alfrescian
Loyal

Moreover, the rumour has crippled the authority, image and influence of 太子爷, as he may not have the ears and support from both the Party and 皇阿玛 anymore. He will become a lame-duck MP and may not serve the people well. The people in Hougang may be under-served by not having the full-service of the MP and full support of the party. The Hougang people may feel short-changed, unfair and unjust, and may discourage them to support the Party and encourage them to vote for other party during the election.

Also, having lost the trust皇阿玛 and no longer inside the party leadership hierarchy, 太子爷 may not want to work hard anymore and he see grim political propspects within the party. He may thus underperfrom both the parliament and constituency duty.

Worse, 太子爷 bears deep grudges against those 阿哥 who plot against him and for leaking the rumours, especially against 八阿哥, who has tried to replace him. He may start a witch-hunt for vengeance. Although losing his CEC seat, 太子爷 still enjoys significant support within the Party as demonstrated by Party senior Ten “大内总管” who had come all the way to boost him during the Hougang MPS. He can still be the source of strife, division and conflict within the Party.

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
太子爷 has to be replaced. But by who ???? The stalemate at CEC Meeting allow him to buy some time and space to look for other non-threatening alternatives.

In the story 8th prince miss timing and kana fuck upside down. 8th prince know no chance liao then support 14th prince to fight 4th prince. 13th prince support 4th prince and they win.

skponggol

Alfrescian
Loyal

Meanwhile, 四阿哥, known as “冷面王” for his stone-cold face and not showing any emotion and feelings, understands the temperament and thoughts of 皇阿玛 very well, and has been quietly building up support within the Party but without unnerving the latter. He has obediently followed all of 皇阿玛’s orders and wishes as well as that of 太子爷's and 八阿哥's so as to gain their trust and confidence but without threatening them . When 太子爷’s and 八阿哥’s allies are removed from the CEC after the “废位风波”, 四阿哥 subtly plants his own gang into the CEC but without causing much alarm…

In the next episode of WP 的 <步步惊心>, 皇阿玛 finally decides to remove 太子爷 from his Hougang seat, while the infighting among the 阿哥 to inherit the Hougang seat intensify….But who will win ? And who will lose ? Stay tuned to another heart-throbbling, tear-jerking wayang episode of WP 的 <步步惊心>.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The title of the new series was taken from the lyrics of the theme song of an old 1980s TV series about Yongzheng. Alex Man male lead and Michelle Shuet female lead. They were young then, you may not recognize them instantly but look properly. Listen to the classic song and catch where 步步惊心 came from.

http://youtu.be/zXB4Lml6t-o

skponggol

Alfrescian
Loyal
The title of the new series was taken from the lyrics of the theme song of an old 1980s TV series about Yongzheng. Alex Man male lead and Michelle Shuet female lead. They were young then, you may not recognize them instantly but look properly. Listen to the classic song and catch where 步步惊心 came from.

http://youtu.be/zXB4Lml6t-o

大內群英 ( Don't Cry For Me Hougang )

陣陣熱風昏昏吹...........(As rumour spreads like wild wind, people begin to lose their senses)

幕幕紛爭濺熱淚...........(The curtain of power struggle is raised at the CEC Meeting)

濺熱淚.......................(Blood, Sweat and Tears are spilled at the Meeting)

世間變幻說與衰...........(One rises and One falls inside the Party, suddenly and dramatically)

段段是非繞心間............(Whether the rumour true or false, is but kept forever hidden in my heart)

默默低首說負累............(I bows down deeply and repent at the Meeting)

說負累........................(Tired, exhausted and demoralized is all I’m at the Metting)

我嗟歎大志不能遂.........(I regret that my dream of Accountability and Transparency remained unfulfilled)

名利...........................(Too much fame and publicity,)

負累...........................(Causes rumour to spread and my downfall)

傲氣一生竟多畏懼.........(My confidence is much shaken and trembled by the rumours)

面對 絕境....................(Facing desperation,)

難倒我會頹然後退..........(How can I back down and give up Hougang just like that?)

勝負存亡難到冥冥中......(To win or to lose Hougang at the next GE is difficult to predict)

早有命運落下聖旨.........(The Hougang people has already decided and given their verdict : )

判了罪........................(Guilty, Innocene or No Comment ? I don't know what to say)

步步自感一驚心............(Now my every political moves is trembled with fear and trepidations)

道道刀光見暴戾............(The vote of the people will decide my career)

見暴戾........................(Win, Lose or Draw ? I don't know what to say)

瞬息際遇也爭取............(I must work hard to gain every vote at every opportunity)

夜夜月光灑青輝............(Even if I must burn midnight oil serving the people,)

但願在花間抱月睡.........(Even if I were to sleep at void deck and open garden)

抱月睡........................(Eat in Hougang, Drink in Hougang and Sleep in Hougang)

我只盼夢裡真情共永許...(I can only dream that I shall always remain in the heart of my Hougang people)

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To Leongsam

I want to add to Skponggol points but it seems to become deduct. Can you please check and correct it.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
DAMN WHY DIN'T I THINK OF IT, I should have ali baba glenda han one! perfect pcc material!

Son, go steal something else. Don't think about your auntie in that way. If you want girls, ask dad. Dad will intro to you.