• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hot News! Former SAF Malay major turned al Qaeda terrorist, killed by US drone attak

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Philippines says kills 15 al Qaeda-linked militants
<cite class="byline vcard" style="font-style: normal; color: rgb(125, 125, 125); font-size: 13px; display: inline-block !important; vertical-align: middle; line-height: 2.2em; ">By Rosemarie Francisco | Reuters – <abbr title="2012-02-02T11:22:32Z" style="border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; ">5 hours ago</abbr></cite>

MANILA (Reuters) - Fifteen al Qaeda-linked militants, including three faction leaders, were killed on Thursday in an air strike on a rebel camp in the southern Philippines, officials said, hailing the strike as a victory in the fight against terrorism.

Among those killed in the attack on Sulu island were at least two members of the Jemaah Islamiah (JI), a Southeast Asian group behind a bombing on the Indonesian island of Bali in 2005 in which 202 people were killed, many of them foreign tourists.

"We commend the AFP with this victory in the continuing fight against terrorism," presidential spokeswoman Abigail Valte said in a message to reporters, referring to the armed forces of the Philippines.

A Malaysian bomb-making expert and a former Singaporean military officer were among the militants killed, a Philippine officer said.

Remote, Muslim-majority parts of the southern Philippines have become a haven for al Qaeda-linked militants from around the region.

Foreign militants have found shelter with Philippine Muslim rebels who have been battling the central government of the Christian-majority country for decades.

Among those killed on Thursday was Malaysian bomb expert Zulkipli Bin Hir, alias Marwan,
and Singaporean Muhammad Ali bin Abd Al-Rahman, or Mauiyah, a former major in the Singaporean military, a Philippine officer said.

A top official of the Philippine rebel group Abu Sayyaf, Gumbahali Jumdail, or Dr Abu, was also killed, said General Jessie Dellosa, Philippine armed forces chief of staff.

Jumdail was involved in the 2001 kidnapping of an American missionary couple and the 2000 abduction of 21 tourists in Sipadan, Malaysia, he said.

Major General Noel Cobbales, head of the Western Mindanao command in the Philippine south, said the military began planning the attack after getting reports that 30 militants, including six JI members, had arrived on Sulu in December.

"This is major because we are talking of three leaders," Cobbales told reporters. "This would have a very big impact on the capability of the terrorists."

"We want to assure the people of Sulu that our operation is aimed against known members of the terrorist groups - Abu Sayyaf and JI - who are now expanding their presence," he said.

The southern Philippines is a focus of the U.S.-led international campaign against militancy, launched after the September 11, 2001, attacks in the United States.

The United States has some troops helping train Philippine forces in the region.

(Editing by Robert Birsel)

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Hot News! Former SAF Malay major turned al Qaeda terrorist, killed by US drone at

ah it's good that saf doesn't employ these m&ds in sensitive units and here we have ppl saying malays won't act like this.

Ba_Ah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Hot News! Former SAF Malay major turned al Qaeda terrorist, killed by US drone at

At least one real SAF MAN. Better than BG Ah Kuahs.:p

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

And they kept wondering why SAF is racist :rolleyes:

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal

This is a very serious threat to our security! A mats SAF Major link to Al Qeada and TOC is bad mouthing of why sensitive units dun have many Malays.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I remember reading about an angmo doing NS.

Has the PAP considered the security implications when you have these angmos, indonesians, filipinos, PRC,.....people in the SAF :confused:

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal

I remember reading about an angmo doing NS.

Has the PAP considered the security implications when you have these angmos, indonesians, filipinos, PRC,.....people in the SAF :confused:

All these not singapore born boy serving NS should be post to become CQ only

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

what a sad day....................a true hero just died....................

FRAMED as a terrorist some more...................poor thing

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

All these not singapore born boy serving NS should be post to become CQ only

Better still send them all to Civil Defence..

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal

What were the races that sold arms and parts to Iran and were charge in a US court?

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

lianbeng noted thats why cannot have certain ethnic groups in certain places lor.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

So far I read the news could not confirm its a drone whether US or someone. Always say air strike. So far I don't remember the Philippines has anymore air worthy crafts to strike any fuck thing let alone going int o jungle for war.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

The policies of the PAP may not be palatable or politically correct but they are always sound and logical.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

So far I read the news could not confirm its a drone whether US or someone. Always say air strike. So far I don't remember the Philippines has anymore air worthy crafts to strike any fuck thing let alone going int o jungle for war.

I heard it was a US drone attack on BBC news. Must be the pinoy commandos recce-ing and painting the target...

btw, the pinoy special forces is one of the best units in the region... unlike their stupid swat team.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

I heard it was a US drone attack on BBC news. Must be the pinoy commandos recce-ing and painting the target...

btw, the pinoy special forces is one of the best units in the region... unlike their stupid swat team.

I never know their special forces are any good because they had been fighting insurgencies for years.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

maybe in the past, the chinese singaporean have a lot to lose in singapore independent and security.

But with all the big $ for civil servants, $ culture and FT invading our land. What are we fighting for? Jobs for foreigners? scholarship for foreigners? Insults from gov that you are not good enough?

I will not be surprise if one of the true blue singaporean will betray the country for money, yes you can suppress the malays and indians and give them non critical saf roles, but you cannot stop the chinese singaporean to betray the country for money and run road to USA or Europe.

yes gov, you can reduce the corruption by giving them big $ salary, but they can always raise the bribe to beat you.

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal

At least now we know SAF also can one.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Leongsam said:
The policies of the PAP may not be palatable or politically correct but they are always sound and logical.

If that means they always need justification, I agree with you.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I will not be surprise if one of the true blue singaporean will betray the country for money, yes you can suppress the malays and indians and give them non critical saf roles, but you cannot stop the chinese singaporean to betray the country for money and run road to USA or Europe.

I heard LHY wanted to emigrate to Australia but luckily LKY offered him the post of CEO of Singtel. Otherwise we would be short one talented Lee.