• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Any pitfalls in transferring $$ from ordinary to special account in CPF?

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of late I have noticed that CPF has been taking out full page ads in the MSM to encourage the public to transfer their $$ from ordinary to special account to 'enjoy' the extra 1.5% interest. Apart from using CPF monies to service mortgage loans, are there any other reasons/concerns as to why the public should not take advantage of this benefit under the special account?:confused:

Leegimeremover

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes.
Do you think the PAP will still be around in 10-30years? Also, with the crap interest rate, what makes you think that inflation will not wipe it out? With no inflation adjustment, see you money (woman) get raped and sodomized, grow old and when you can have her back, she is old haggard, frail, diabetic, worthless. Money in hand is like a woman you can grow more money and have more woman or money. haha. Consider CPF as a tax.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ooh, still got money to transfer from Ord to Special account ah? I thought many people don't have sufficient money in CPF to pay for Housing Loan.

facial

Alfrescian
Loyal
“Please remember, when you get higher returns than what is the average in the markets, that means you are incurring higher risk. So on that message I leave you to ponder about your next purchase.” -MM Lee

You have been warned!

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of late I have noticed that CPF has been taking out full page ads in the MSM to encourage the public to transfer their $$ from ordinary to special account to 'enjoy' the extra 1.5% interest. Apart from using CPF monies to service mortgage loans, are there any other reasons/concerns as to why the public should not take advantage of this benefit under the special account?:confused:

My understanding is
transfer OA to SA. CAN.
Transfer from SA to OA. CANNOT!

1.5% will not be able to fight inflation increase. Still better to park it in OA as it is of now.

madmansg

Alfrescian
Loyal
My understanding is
transfer OA to SA. CAN.
Transfer from SA to OA. CANNOT!
============

our cpf all gone !! now they trying ponzi scheme.

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. It means you are putting your money into a death trap where you cannot take until you DIE. If you put your money into SA, you cannot take out or transfer to OA. It means you are transfering ALL YOUR MONEY TO SOMEONE ELSE BY ATM.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
You mean you can't touch it even after 62? Can't buy that shitty CPF annuity with monies in SA?

Yes. It means you are putting your money into a death trap where you cannot take until you DIE. If you put your money into SA, you cannot take out or transfer to OA. It means you are transfering ALL YOUR MONEY TO SOMEONE ELSE BY ATM.

jw5

Loyal
You mean you can't touch it even after 62? Can't buy that shitty CPF annuity with monies in SA?
Who's to say that the withdrawal age will not be 80 by the time you are 62?
What they are doing is to "negotiate" the terms of a loan from you to them, by offering you a slightly higher interest rate to change your loan from a semi-flexible one (whereby you can be repaid if you use the CPF to pay down a mortgage) to a long term loan (whereby you can only get repaid at the withdrawal age, which is of course determined by them).

NoOnEsAwMe

Alfrescian
Loyal
y dun u just email cpf board and ask them directly?

better still, u could do everyone a favour by posting cpf board's reply too.