• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is this true in the Police Force?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Usually, no one cares about grades when you apply for a private sector job. When applying for a govt job, you'll have to list the schools you'd been to, the grades you've obtained. The same goes for NS.

I remember applying for a job with Yellow Pages. Back then I didn't know it was a GLC:o

After the interview I received a call asking for information about my primary school education:eek::biggrin: I thought it was funny because who keeps their PSLE results:confused: Somehow I didn't think that this was the company for me & I politely turned them down:wink:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
HA was a SIA steward when he met ALS....
He was working part time in his relative's coffeeshop in GL when they met.
ALS cultivated him took him in as godson and sponsored his studies...the rest is history.
In a way HA machiam Andy Lau and ALS in Eric Tsang in infernal Affairs

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Im sure there are many god-father and god-son relationship within the police force lah.

If a boss take you as a god-son, you sure flying very high. Better if the boss is related to you in a way.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
That's true. I have known a few Malay who runs Muslim organisation and 80% of those working in the organisation is related to them.

Very easy to have another NKF incident like this.

Have you not see Malay run org? Boss melayu n so are all underlings... ex MP Ahmad Magad was managing such a racist company.... his Dr.... tak pakai one

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Spot on. More than 50% of the capable Malay officers will go into Intel and they hold senior ranks. Regionally we live in a sea of Malays and every able hand is needed. Many move to Intel within 2 years of joining the Govt. Those who score 2-1 will be in SID and then lost in a maze. There is even a guy who was an architect then went into Intel and holding very senior position. On per capita basis, they are actually overrepresented. No point leaving them in the regular policing and general investigations as the these are not Malay organised crimes in the first place.

in future it will be Pinoy displacing Melayu - not a good propect either. Screwed forever

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hassan ahmad was charged with corruption by CPIB and went to jail for 18 months after a sting set up by the police. He serve his term but became the CEO of Mercy Relief which is a local NGO in Singapore.

This is a charity outfit and how did a guy of his past manage donors funds. There are even photos of him being taken with LHL and other ministers when he was the CEO. How does one went from jail ( due to corruption) to being a public figure ?

First we have to ask how does two war-traitors ended up as the PeeM and the president of Stinkapore respectively ?

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hassan ahmad was charged with corruption by CPIB and went to jail for 18 months after a sting set up by the police. He serve his term but became the CEO of Mercy Relief which is a local NGO in Singapore.

This is a charity outfit and how did a guy of his past manage donors funds. There are even photos of him being taken with LHL and other ministers when he was the CEO. How does one went from jail ( due to corruption) to being a public figure ?

Having a conviction for corruption is not as serious as being sued for certain defamation by certain so and so. A corrupt person can be saved to bring back to society like this ex-ASP. Just join the paps and help out in the grass roots. From there, work his way up to CEO and viola, he can rub shoulders with MIW. Meritocracy in action.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
U mean be a double agent. He went in the police force as ALS mole, then he became the mole for the other side.

And from what I heard, he was subpoenaed to court last year regarding some defamation case related to a charity supplier when he was the CEO of that NGO. Sounds like a leopard never changes it's spot.

A mole is a mole. He was handing donors funds. So I guess, that is meritocracy
He was never a mole for the other side....else he no need go to prison.....
Ask to why he got a 2nd lucky break.....likely his connections from sister side.

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
as a former nspi who preferred to be on the ground i can say the malays are better suited for police work here, unlike other races.
they have the street smarts and in general have this positive attitude when serving the public. chinese officers are more calculative and more prone to wayang. so maybe those seemingly biased promotions were justified.