• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Exchange Rates for RM

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
One week ago I had warned of the repercussion on the RM due to the 1MDB debacle.
It is confirmed now that 1MDB had defaulted for missing the interest payment of US$50 million.
As such, MY govt, being the guarantor for 1MDB may be liable to a US$6.481 billion debt instantly!
Today, the ringgit fell and 1MDB’s dollar bonds slumped and its now S$1:2.91 already!
Don't say I don't share good news ha! (or bad news in this instance for the poor Malaysians)

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...t-s-in-default-after-missing-interest-payment

jayeho

Alfrescian
Loyal
One week ago I had warned of the repercussion on the RM due to the 1MDB debacle.
It is confirmed now that 1MDB had defaulted for missing the interest payment of US$50 million.
As such, MY govt, being the guarantor for 1MDB may be liable to a US$6.481 billion debt instantly!
Today, the ringgit fell and 1MDB’s dollar bonds slumped and its now S$1:2.91 already!
Don't say I don't share good news ha! (or bad news in this instance for the poor Malaysians)

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...t-s-in-default-after-missing-interest-payment

wow! thaNKS for sharing! i am actually waiting to change Rm...

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Besides the 1MDB issue, there is another major issue that may directly affect the RM.
The governor of Bank Negara will be retiring next week and yet there is no confirmation on who will be taking over.
The choice of the new governor will have some definite effect on the RM, so in the coming week, RM may be quite volatile.

jayeho

Alfrescian
Loyal
Besides the 1MDB issue, there is another major issue that may directly affect the RM.
The governor of Bank Negara will be retiring next week and yet there is no confirmation on who will be taking over.
The choice of the new governor will have some definite effect on the RM, so in the coming week, RM may be quite volatile.

i just check online, the exchange rate same as yesterday S$1 : Rm2.88+
anyway thanks again Snowbird, wish can change more Rm..

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
i just check online, the exchange rate same as yesterday S$1 : Rm2.88+
anyway thanks again Snowbird, wish can change more Rm..

The Deputy Governor has just been appointed as Governor. So it is a continuation of Zeti's policies. Forex is quite stable.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
SG currency super resiliant, still climbing against all major currencies despite the recent mas announcement. 2.92 now. Against Aud also going back towards 1.015.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today 2.94 in many MC.
The next big event that may affect the rate will the Sarawak state election result this weekend.
The whole MY cabinet is now in Sarawak to give all sorts of promises to the folks there trying for a big win.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today 2.94 in many MC.
The next big event that may affect the rate will the Sarawak state election result this weekend.
The whole MY cabinet is now in Sarawak to give all sorts of promises to the folks there trying for a big win.

I hope SGD would be as high as possible. If can hit 3.5, I would buy myself a bottle of champagne.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today 2.94 in many MC.
Not to worry. The incumbent will still win, albeit with a slight setback. Thereafter, the Ringgit will strengthen again next week.