• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Exchange Rates for RM

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just sharing, 3.065 at Superlink BI this evening.

Try to TT from banks. Nowadays they are comparable to remittance or money exchange outlets. The widely fluctuating exchange rate makes these outlets more conservative in giving better rates.

You just have to set up a free saving account with a bank in JB. It is safer to bring across cash this way and you only draw what you need as ATMs are ubitiquous and it costs only $1 RM if you use other banks' ATMs.

I'm using DBS now and there is no fee until end of this year.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
factor in recent price increase for past year, shiok feeling diminished.

Hmm I cant really feel much price increase in anything... most probably because I am saving about RM 10,000 a month for my business due to currency exchanges so little things like food grocies etc I cant feel the pinch.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Try to TT from banks. Nowadays they are comparable to remittance or money exchange outlets. The widely fluctuating exchange rate makes these outlets more conservative in giving better rates.

You just have to set up a free saving account with a bank in JB. It is safer to bring across cash this way and you only draw what you need as ATMs are ubitiquous and it costs only $1 RM if you use other banks' ATMs.

I'm using DBS now and there is no fee until end of this year.

I have CIMB Singapore and CIMB Malaysia accounts and do Internet transfer with no fees, the exchange rate not so good though, now only 3.04 whereas can get more at money changers in JB. However it is more convenient as my CIMB atm card can draw cash and use as debit card.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmm I cant really feel much price increase in anything... most probably because I am saving about RM 10,000 a month for my business due to currency exchanges so little things like food grocies etc I cant feel the pinch.

Save RM10000 a month? You are disgusting bro :cool:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have CIMB Singapore and CIMB Malaysia accounts and do Internet transfer with no fees, the exchange rate not so good though, now only 3.04 whereas can get more at money changers in JB. However it is more convenient as my CIMB atm card can draw cash and use as debit card.

The spread at DBS is smaller. I believe you can get minimally 3.05 now. It's probably promotion period as its TT service to Malaysia is a relatively new product.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Try to TT from banks. Nowadays they are comparable to remittance or money exchange outlets. The widely fluctuating exchange rate makes these outlets more conservative in giving better rates. You just have to set up a free saving account with a bank in JB. It is safer to bring across cash this way and you only draw what you need as ATMs are ubitiquous and it costs only $1 RM if you use other banks' ATMs. I'm using DBS now and there is no fee until end of this year.
Thanks bro. I have done transfer using DBS and also CIMB Sg to CIMB My; mostly for small amount or for urgent cash, specially CIMB since it's instant. But I still find the MCs give better rates. So, for larger amounts, I'll go to the MC.

matix

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks bro. I have done transfer using DBS and also CIMB Sg to CIMB My; mostly for small amount or for urgent cash, specially CIMB since it's instant. But I still find the MCs give better rates. So, for larger amounts, I'll go to the MC.

I am doing the exact opposite. For large amount, I will TT. :smile:

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would say that when the rates are changing very fast usually the banks will be much more competitive and give a better rate then the money changers.
But if the external rates are changing at a much slower rate then the opposite is true. Money changers would be much better.

Probably it's because the money changers needs some time to clear their older stock before they can offer the new rates.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

With TT and market news, I can get better rates in the comfort of my house. Using remittance or money changer is very tedious for me.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Each of us have our own reasons to use the different methods available, what's good is that we share the info so that everyone benefits.

Noticed that RM is strengthening now; anyone knows when is the next Fed meeting?