• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Exchange Rates for RM

IRONMAN123

Alfrescian
Loyal
How u guys transfer SGD40k to Malaysia Bank? Using money changers TT services? I am concerned about the exchange rates and reliability of the money changers. Anyone? I don't want to carry a big sum of cash to JB..

Last edited:

nextreal

Alfrescian
Loyal
How u guys transfer SGD40k to Malaysia Bank? Using money changers TT service?I am concerned about the exchange rate and reliability of money changer. Anyone? I don't want to carry big cash to JB..

You can do thru TT from a money changer, or set up an account with CIMB in Sg.

The first method gives better rates, though my last TT at Arcade was done at a 100 pips fees. That's RM400 less for your S$40k. Sometimes, I really drat dealing with the money changers there because of their "cowboy" attitude, but with their favorable rates, I had to bear with that. The time I did this, I was a bit apprehensive on losing my money thru their transfer, but it did make it to my My account, though only after 3 working days. The money changer will issue a receipt. Use only a reputable one.

The second method requires you to have both a Sg and My CIMB account. I was told the spread is 300 pips but more often than not, it's way higher (sometimes 500+ pips on a volatile day). This method is, no doubt, a lot more risk free. But the cost is significantly higher.

The last choice is of course to bring cash in. I did it once with a very large sum. The bank didn't want to accept the cash over the counter, due to their anti money laundering regulations, so I had to use a ATM. I had never been so nervous in my life. Haha. Having only be able to deposit 100 notes at a time, it took me what felt like forever. What's worse was the condition of the notes, which the ATM kept refusing to accept. What's even worse was my son counting out loudly and wowing at the amount of money, which led to a few side stares from strangers nearby. I strongly recommend against this method.

IRONMAN123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you. You are nice to share the story with us here. My source : market rate today: 2.5997, highest money changer rate: selling 2.5851, CIMB:selling 2.5470. Just don't understand why the MY bank counter denied your cash deposit with the excuses of anti-money laundering policy.

Last edited:

nextreal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just don't understand why the MY bank counter denied your cash deposit with the excuses of anti-money laundering policy.

I think that is a regulation set by Bank Negara. Banks should refuse deposits of more than RM10k in a day from foreigners.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
BI a lot. just randomly pick one. footie quality are abt the same. they are good.

body massage depends on the individual masseuse.

if you want the notti type then drive around and look for the sign boards. should have a few. stocks rotate quite frequently.

Signboard got indicate for nottiboy ? Look out for your Avatar is it ?

Last edited:

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bad Idea.. The past decade the trend is this... shops or businesses charge extremely low or ridiculous prices but make it a package so instead of RM 50 per trip, you pay RM 10,000 one shot to be "member" and they will give you FREE 10 trips etc.

After they con 1000 Sporeans ( don't be surprised locals also ), they earn about RM 10 million but spend about RM 5 million to "substain" and look good for first 6 months ( when the business is destined for failure ). AFter 6 months they keep the RM 5 million and close down

Welcome to Malaysia and please, no such thing as going CASE.

ttiboy;1830930]Every time I go in for massage, I will deposit a few thousand dollars. I suspect that by the time my project TOPs in 3 years, I should have a hundred k by then. Good idea?[/QUOTE]

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pros and cons.

So far I only step foot in my UOB JB branch 2 times to deposit a UOB Singapore dollar cheque.

I avoid carrying too much cash in JB, every time I need some petty cash, I just go to UOB ATM in JB.

Anyway nobody is going to rob someone in bermuda and slipper.:biggrin:

Every time I go in for massage, I will deposit a few thousand dollars. I suspect that by the time my project TOPs in 3 years, I should have a hundred k by then. Good idea?