• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Exchange Rates for RM

Eesee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Money changer.jpg

Hi All,
Beware of this money changer who dishonestly replaced 2 pcs of 10MYR with 2 pcs of 100,000 IDR when my sibling changed some IDR currency with them. When confronted, they demanded proof of receipt that the money was changed with them otherwise they would not entertain such complaint. The following day, my sibling brought the receipt as proof that the currency was purchased from them. This money changer then claimed that their counting machine would reject the notes if they are of different currencies and it was not possible that he put the MYR amongst the IDR notes when he sold the currency to my sibling. He then tried to prove/demonstrate it by putting the notes into his counting machine which rejected the different currencies. However, my sibling insisted that he used the machine at the front counter (they had 2 counting machines) which was the machine he used when he counted the IDR notes in her presence. It was then proven that the machine which they used in front of customers did not reject the different currencies. He then threatened to call the police and my sibling told him to go ahead! My sibling then demanded that he returned the receipt to her. Eventually, he reluctantly refunded the money.

Be careful when you changed money this such dishonestly money changers.

Last year, I too had received 2 pcs of faked $100 Chinese yuan from an Indian money changer in Parkway Parade. This money changer has since moved his office to the shop house near the Marine Parade market. When I confronted him, his excuse was that they were given faked notes by customers and he showed us some of the faked notes. This proved that he had knowingly and dishonestly put the faked notes amongst the stake of genuine ones. He then returned the genuine notes to me.

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ringgit falls as US data signal higher Fed rates
Published: Saturday August 2, 2014 MYT 12:00:00 AM
Updated: Saturday August 2, 2014 MYT 7:36:10 AM

Kuala Lumpur: The ringgit fell the most this week since December as improving US data added to speculation the US Federal Reserve will raise interest rates, reducing demand for emerging market assets.

The ringgit declined along with other Asian currencies as the Bloomberg US Dollar Spot Index climbed 0.9% in the strongest weekly performance since November.

“The ringgit and other Asian currencies are weaker because the market is predicting the Fed will raise interest rates sooner than expected,” said Wong Chee Seng, a currency strategist at AmBank Group in Kuala Lumpur. “While Asian currencies could still fall, the downside is likely to be limited as the rate differential is still in their favour.”

The ringgit declined 0.5% to 3.2120 per dollar in Kuala Lumpur and earlier reached 3.2140, the lowest level since June 27, data compiled by Bloomberg show. It fell 1.2% in the shortened trading week, when markets were shut on July 28–29 for a public holiday.

One-month implied volatility, a measure of expected moves in the exchange rate used to price options, increased 86 basis points, or 0.86 percentage point, to 5.81% for the week.

The US Federal Open Market Committee reduced its monthly bond purchases this week by another US$10bil to US$25bil, and so further cutting its stimulus programme that had driven demand for emerging market assets.

The MSIC Asia Pacific Index of stocks dropped 1% from July 25, halting a two-week gain. It is up 4.2% this year, after climbing 9.3% in 2013.

Malaysian 10-year government bonds fell this week, with the yield on the 4.181% notes due July 2024 rising one basis point to 3.9%, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. That compares with 2.63% on similar maturity UK Gilts, 2.58% on US Treasuries and 1.18% on German bunds.

Overseas investors cut holdings of Malaysia’s local currency debt by 0.5% to RM248.2bil in June from a record RM249.5bil in May, data issued on the central bank’s website showed. — Bloomberg

http://www.thestar.com.my/Business/...git-falls-as-US-data-signal-higher-Fed-rates/