• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Exchange Rates for RM

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Spore facing economic challenges too. Sgd will weaken against usd and hence i dont expect ringgit to depreciate much against sgd. May stabilise around 2.64 to 2.66

Both SGD and MYR can fall against USD, but as long as MYR is falling faster the exchange rate becomes favourable. I'm very happy as long as it is above 2.65 but I'm just waiting to see how low it can fall against SGD. I'm not economic expert here but I note that Malaysia's budget and ability to reduce its deficit are strongly tied to oil prices. This oil price plunge is really quite a black swan event.

"In 2004, Minister in the Prime Minister's Department, Datuk Mustapa Mohamed[citation needed], stated that PETRONAS contributed RM 25 Billion to the country's treasury accounting for 25% of revenue collected via dividends and other revenues. PETRONAS continuously provides the Malaysian government dividends from its profits. Since inception in 1974, PETRONAS have paid the government RM 403.3 billion, with RM 67.6 billion in 2008. The payment represents 44% of the 2008 federal government revenue.[10] PETRONAS continues to focus on international exploration projects as 40% of revenue in 2008 was derived from international projects such as Iran, Sudan, Chad and Mauritania. The company's international reserves stood at 6.24 billion barrels oil equivalent in 2008.[11]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petronas

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bedok mc today was 2.632 only. JB mc wins hands down this time and like i hv said before jb mc best part is no queue and free parkg. Was at arcade today to run sone errands n at the rate of 263 the queue was like snake kenna beaten up with some mc no stock.

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now 2.63 in jb. Opposite astaka..... Rates come down Le...

Bedok mc today was 2.632 only. JB mc wins hands down this time and like i hv said before jb mc best part is no queue and free parkg. Was at arcade today to run sone errands n at the rate of 263 the queue was like snake kenna beaten up with some mc no stock.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Changed today at 2.63 rate at the Superlink BI near Petronas station; at that time XE.com rate was showing 2.64x only... Quite good considering Raffles in JP was giving 2.625 for cash & TT rates.

The lady even asked if I wanted new notes for CNY, which I did and I took RM1x200 pcs and RM10x30 pcs.

Daydreamer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Changed today at 2.63 rate at the Superlink BI near Petronas station; at that time XE.com rate was showing 2.64x only... Quite good considering Raffles in JP was giving 2.625 for cash & TT rates.

The lady even asked if I wanted new notes for CNY, which I did and I took RM1x200 pcs and RM10x30 pcs.

Yeap done it, Thank you vincentck for the tips. 2.632 for above S$5k. Can't find these rate in Jurong Point.