• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Exchange Rates for RM

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
SGD should strengthen against MYR.

SINGAPORE: The Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) on Tuesday (Oct 14) said it will maintain its policy of allowing a modest and gradual appreciation of the Singapore dollar against its policy band, with no change to the slope and width of the policy band, and the level at which it is centred.

MAS said the policy stance - which has been in place since April 2012 - is appropriate for containing domestic and imported sources of inflationary pressures, and ensuring that inflation expectations remain well anchored.

Its decision was widely expected by economists.

MAS also lowered its inflation outlook for 2014 in its half-yearly monetary policy statement.

It now says CPI-All Items inflation, or headline inflation, is now forecast to be 1.0 to 1.5 per cent in 2014, given the recent weakness in car prices. MAS had previously forecast headline inflation for this year to be in the region of 1.5 to 2.0 per cent.

For 2015, headline inflation is projected at 0.5 to 1.5 per cent, reflecting also the impact of muted housing rentals.

As for core inflation, which excludes the cost of accommodation and private road transport, MAS said this is likely to average 2.0 to 2.5 per cent in 2014 and 2.0 to 3.0 per cent in 2015.

MAS had previously forecast core inflation to be in the region of 2.0 to 3.0 per cent this year.

- CNA/av

Bedok central
RM$2.561
Aus$1.12 (fyi)

louvre

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, May I know what is the best way to use sgd to pay for big ticket item in myr? Eg. 10% down payment for property.

hmmm, let me count the ways.

One. You could TT from your Singapore bank to the developers bank account in Malaysia. This is safe and quick. The disadvantage is that banks have very poor currency conversion rates as compared to money changers. You could end up losing thousands of dollars for each transfer.

Two. You could get a Singapore money changer who is also a licensed remittance agent to remit the money to the developers Malaysian bank account. Do insist that they send you the bank-in slip after remitting the money so that you can pass it to the developer as evidence of payment. You will get a much better conversion rate this way but the whole process may take up to three days to complete.

Three. You could exchange your S$ into RM and bring the cash to the developer's office and pay on the spot. Do note however that it is actually illegal to bring large amount of cash across the check points. There is of course also the associated risks of carrying a large amount of cash with you.

I would recommend method Two.

Iskandar007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, may i know where is the exact address for Money changer at Bedok central and their contact no.?

do they do TT to our My bank account? Is there a limit each day/

Thanks.

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bedok Central Money Changer (next to Spore pool/pop macdonald)94509475/98498224 and (next to jewellery shop / near sheng shiong (64437273/81578581). Far East Money changer near raffles place area has the best rates for most currency (62235525/63886626). All these do not have TT facility. I have been bringing money across to my bank in jb.
Hi, may i know where is the exact address for Money changer at Bedok central and their contact no.?

do they do TT to our My bank account? Is there a limit each day/

Thanks.

Iskandar007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bedok Central Money Changer (next to Spore pool/pop macdonald)94509475/98498224 and (next to jewellery shop / near sheng shiong (64437273/81578581). Far East Money changer near raffles place area has the best rates for most currency (62235525/63886626). All these do not have TT facility. I have been bringing money across to my bank in jb.

Thanks DCputeri.
However, I need TT facility.

I know Parkway got do TT, but their rate not so good.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do share if there is a good money changer with TT, especially on the west side. Thanks.
Actually if you had taken the time to read the thread, even just up to a few weeks ago, you would have learnt that Raffles Money Changer in Jurong Point also does TT with $10 administration fee for amounts below RM50k.

Legolad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually if you had taken the time to read the thread, even just up to a few weeks ago, you would have learnt that Raffles Money Changer in Jurong Point also does TT with $10 administration fee for amounts below RM50k.

Just to share. There's no limit on amount if paying someone else, like developer. There's a weekly limit of RM10,000 if paying to your own account in Malaysian bank.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just to share. There's no limit on amount if paying someone else, like developer. There's a weekly limit of RM10,000 if paying to your own account in Malaysian bank.
Thanks for the clarification, which as corrected should be daily limit. For Msians, there is no such limit.