• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Exchange Rates for RM

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bank transfer via DBS to CIMB Malaysia 3.04 yesterday, from the comfort of my office.

Sorry a beginner's question here...

So you mean you have a DBS Singapore account here, and then you transfer from SGD to RM into your CIMB Malaysia account? Are there any charges?

Your rate looks very good. I thought for such cases, need to go through remittance company.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry a beginner's question here...

So you mean you have a DBS Singapore account here, and then you transfer from SGD to RM into your CIMB Malaysia account? Are there any charges?

Your rate looks very good. I thought for such cases, need to go through remittance company.

Yes just open a Malaysia CIMB account, now DBS can do overseas transfer to Malaysia for free, up to 31st December only. What I did was also setup a Singapore CIMB account, this one you can transfer to MY CIMB free permanently. Actually physical change money in Johor is usually better, but sometimes I cannot go to Johor and know that there is a good rate, I do Internet transfer, at least can catch the good rate.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Realise if the rate changes very fast the bank rates will be higher then the money changer.. Else outside will usually be better..

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anybody can share how can I change ringgit to S$ with minimum exchange rate loss?
For online banking, there is a charge of RM25, on top of that the exchange rate was like 3.11 from M'sia bank to S'pore bank.
S$ to RM from S'pore money changer was like 3.05.
For a fairly big sum of RM, the exchange rate loss is quite significant.

Reuters RM$3.0671.
Not sure if weakness will continue till CNY.

angmokio

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kawan, I would be happy to change with you if your offers are good. we can discuss on that. If ok to you, send me a private message with your mobile number. thanks

angmokio

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anybody can share how can I change ringgit to S$ with minimum exchange rate loss?
For online banking, there is a charge of RM25, on top of that the exchange rate was like 3.11 from M'sia bank to S'pore bank.
S$ to RM from S'pore money changer was like 3.05.
For a fairly big sum of RM, the exchange rate loss is quite significant.

may I suggest if its simpler, transfer to my ocbc jb bank account and I pay you in sgd