• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Exchange Rates for RM

UsernameX

Alfrescian
Loyal
my private banker in CIMB sg is a female with hongkie accent english

maybe can write fantasy novel on how tekan her for better rates among other this.

FACT - she came down to my office for me to fill the forms for the TT to malaysia. Also waiver of admin charges (?140- cant remember)
FICTION - add "on me" and "her oysters and" to above statement......

CIMB service quite good coz they very free...... I lazy to go find money changer to TT to malaysia. Just call and ask for best rate. Maybe can get better rates from other banks.

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal

maybe can write fantasy novel on how tekan her for better rates among other this.

FACT - she came down to my office for me to fill the forms for the TT to malaysia. Also waiver of admin charges (?140- cant remember)

CIMB service quite good coz they very free...... I lazy to go find money changer to TT to malaysia. Just call and ask for best rate. Maybe can get better rates from other banks.

I envy you; I was assigned a "He" RM :(. Is your "she" RM worth me asking for a change?:p

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal

U have the cake ALL to urself man.

:biggrin:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysian ringgit hit by falling oil prices: Analysts
By Patrick John Lim
POSTED: 02 Dec 2014 20:54

Volatility in oil prices and the Malaysian ringgit to remain until global conditions stabilise in mid-2015, say analysts.

SINGAPORE: The Malaysian ringgit regained some lost ground on Tuesday (Nov 2) after hitting a 10-month low against the Singapore dollar. It was trading at around 2.6209 as of 5pm on Tuesday.

At a meeting last week, the OPEC oil cartel decided to leave production targets, causing oil prices to tumble and hit multi-year lows. This has had a ripple effect on Malaysia and its currency, the ringgit.

Mr Divya Devesh, FX strategist in FICC Research at Standard Chartered Bank, said: "Malaysia happens to be a net oil exporter, so lower oil prices impact Malaysia trade and fiscal balance negatively. So as a result of that, we have seen a sharp move higher in (US) dollar-ringgit.

"Also what we have seen is some degree of correction in Malaysia equities, particularly the oil and gas sector that has been badly hit because of the slide in oil prices, and we are seeing some of that equity weakness seep into currency as well."

Analysts expect the volatility surrounding oil prices and by extension, the ringgit, to remain in the near term. They said that global conditions will start to stabilise only in mid-2015.

Mr Vishnu Varathan, a senior economist for economics, markets and strategy at Mizuho's Singapore Treasury Division, said: "We think oil prices will stabilise by the middle of next year. and maybe go up toward US$80-85 into late 2015, possibly testing up to US$90.

"In that case, we also foresee a scope for ringgit to rebound somewhat late into next year against the Singapore dollar, instead of being around 2.62, 2.63 and testing higher, that may be the near term scope for it, but ringgit could actually strengthen somewhat more and you could see at 2.56 against the Singapore dollar."

The relatively high foreign ownership of Malaysia's domestic bonds is also contributing to the volatility in the ringgit. Low energy prices could potentially affect the government's ability to repay such debt while a persistently weak ringgit would also raise concerns over the repayment of foreign-denominated debt.

The Malaysian unit hit 3.4375 against the greenback earlier this week, its lowest since February 2010.

- CNA/ac

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asiapacific/malaysian-ringgit-hit-by/1506402.html

UsernameX

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone found rate more than 2.6? I want to change some for shopping next year. I paiseh to use my RM from CIMB for small sum later she want me to pump oyster i have to do OT for no good reason, not good for my back too although my didi wont complaint lol.....

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thats a very good rate bro Vinventck. Guess we can get slightly more in Arcade? Mid week should be very good rate change
Bro Narmi, I just checked Raffles in JP; cash rate is 2.583 and TT rate is 2.593. That's pretty bad since the XE.com rate has maintained above 2.62.

myrsing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can anyone confirm whether is safe to do a internet trsf from cimb (s) to cimb (m) at night i.e. after business office hour?

Rate 2.5931 quite good as shown on the screen.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can anyone confirm whether is safe to do a internet trsf from cimb (s) to cimb (m) at night i.e. after business office hour?

Internet banking is supposed to be 24/7 and there is no such thing as what time is safer!
But CIMB, like many banks, is usually down for maintenance during the midnight hour.

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal

Have done after biz hour TT before CIMB(Sg) to CIMB(my).
It's instant. U can virtually see ur ac val updated.

Cheers!