• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Exchange Rates for RM

adultstem

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anybody can share how can I change ringgit to S$ with minimum exchange rate loss?
For online banking, there is a charge of RM25, on top of that the exchange rate was like 3.11 from M'sia bank to S'pore bank.
S$ to RM from S'pore money changer was like 3.05.
For a fairly big sum of RM, the exchange rate loss is quite significant.

PM me can?

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you all for your response. I think I might just have to drop the idea. It's too inconvenient to use this method, too much time and arrangements involved. Anyway, the money is not in yet. As I do not wish to leave the money in M'sian bank, may have to TT over in one lump sum when the time comes. Not sure if they will impose restrictions later on for bringing RM out.

Anybody can share how can I change ringgit to S$ with minimum exchange rate loss?
For online banking, there is a charge of RM25, on top of that the exchange rate was like 3.11 from M'sia bank to S'pore bank.
S$ to RM from S'pore money changer was like 3.05.
For a fairly big sum of RM, the exchange rate loss is quite significant.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No wonder there is a surge in the number of Singaporean buyers coming to view resale properties in Iskandar recently. Is it due to the strong SGD?
Read More - http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/strong-interest-in-overseas-property-investment-at-property-seminar-showcase-2016

12540519_10153625968594667_1551388913306747846_n.jpg

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
No wonder there is a surge in the number of Singaporean buyers coming to view resale properties in Iskandar recently. Is it due to the strong SGD?

Many in the audience are small time investors trying to find out more what's in store and maybe some info on the direction and status of the property market.

Without any doubt, property market in JB is definitely over supply.
Obvious examples like the Country Garden and Princess Cove, they are still stuck with many unsold units after their launch 3 and 2 years ago respectively, you can still walk in and buy direct from the developers anytime.
Those units that were completed and handed over in 2015, a high percentage are seeking for resale.

EDTBA

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've been monitoring the global oil prices over the last month or so and it seems to relate VERY closely to the rise and fall of the ringgit. Oil price is on a downward trend the last 2 days.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've been monitoring the global oil prices over the last month or so and it seems to relate VERY closely to the rise and fall of the ringgit. Oil price is on a downward trend the last 2 days.

Currently the two bigger factors is oil price and Najib factor

Rocka

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks. Is it from RM to S$ or S$ to RM? I don't know whether they are the same rate reciprocally. Seldom people like me, for this time, want to change from RM into S$.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks. Is it from RM to S$ or S$ to RM? I don't know whether they are the same rate reciprocally. Seldom people like me, for this time, want to change from RM into S$.

The difference is 2% to 5%.
It is never the same as the money changers need to make money.

Eg. S$ to RM = 2.95, RM to S$ = 3.03 today.