• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Exchange Rates for RM

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today rate as follows :

Yishun : 242
Acrade : 242.80
Sun Plaza : 242.20

Guys , if you know any gd rate in SG , please help to broadcast here.

Thanks

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today rate as follows :

Yishun : 242
Acrade : 242.80
Sun Plaza : 242.20

Guys , if you know any gd rate in SG , please help to broadcast here.

Thanks

Hi Crystal,

Good deed at the beginning of the year:biggrin: Definetly this year will be a good and successful year for you:biggrin:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Crystal,

Good deed at the beginning of the year:biggrin: Definetly this year will be a good and successful year for you:biggrin:

Hi Grago

Thanks for e blessing!
Rates has been quite low this few days , hopefully after CNY , rate will be at least 2.44 then i can start to remit money for my house liao

Cheers!

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Grago

Thanks for e blessing!
Rates has been quite low this few days , hopefully after CNY , rate will be at least 2.44 then i can start to remit money for my house liao

Cheers!

u so good can wait until then?

my freaking agent trying to push me to go sign S&P, lawyer letter, loan offer letter and pay the 14% all at 1 shot..

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, LGLab...it's at Clifford Centre.

Today's rate is the same as yesterday's. Are you remitting the money to a developer, a account owned by a Singaporean or others?

If the account does not belong to a Singaporean, you can remit amount more the 10000 RM.

For this money changer, if you remit 50 000 RM and above (only possible to developer or non-Singaporean account) the $10 charge is waived.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
u so good can wait until then?

my freaking agent trying to push me to go sign S&P, lawyer letter, loan offer letter and pay the 14% all at 1 shot..

oh, my 10% i have already settled liao .
Just that i have to pay for my state levy , waiting for gd rate to remit .
I use raffles money changers at Jurong pt to do remit RM10k per day , the next day night u can see in reflect in yr bank liao.
In jurong pr outlet , u dun have to pay for e admin fees for remit 10k above , but the one at clifford is only wiaved if u remit 50k .
So i would advise go jurong pt to remit. Its ok to go every day to remit la , asking other ppl to issue cheque is not so convenient , buy some time from yr lawyer. anyway when my developer chase me for my payment , after collecting cheque from me they also took 2 weeks to clear e cheque ....

Last edited:

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
oh, my 10% i have already settled liao .
Just that i have to pay for my state levy , waiting for gd rate to remit .
I use raffles money changers at Jurong pt to do remit RM10k per day , the next day night u can see in reflect in yr bank liao.
In jurong pr outlet , u dun have to pay for e admin fees for remit 10k above , but the one at clifford is only wiaved if u remit 50k .
So i would advise go jurong pt to remit. Its ok to go every day to remit la , asking other ppl to issue cheque is not so convenient , buy some time from yr lawyer. anyway when my developer chase me for my payment , after collecting cheque from me they also took 2 weeks to clear e cheque ....

do u think it is safe to just remit straight into the account that my property agent gave me?

he mentioned that is it the lawyer account ( public bank account)

i am thinking to remit to my own maybank account first and then do a banker draft opened with the lawyer company name...

isnt that safer?..

by the way, when u are remitting your 10%, what is the exchange rate like back then? and when was it?.. thanks..

Last edited:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
do u think it is safe to just remit straight into the account that my property agent gave me?

he mentioned that is it the lawyer account ( public bank account)

i am thinking to remit to my own maybank account first and then do a banker draft opened with the lawyer company name...

isnt that safer?..

by the way, when u are remitting your 10%, what is the exchange rate like back then? and when was it?.. thanks..

seriously , i wont wan to remit directly to their acct .
Also I wan to see S&P documents before i pass them the cheque.
i just did last mth , rate was 243.3 , 243.4 , 243.6 ,243.7 for the 4 days i remitted.
Btw , why u open maybank acct ? they have monthly fees incurred leh even though u met their min sum requirement.
U shouldnt waste yr time now and keep asking ppl , you already missed 2 days to remit RM20k into yr acct liao.
For fri - sun remittance , it will only remit by mon or tue latest.
So next mon start to remit .

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
i just did last mth , rate was 243.3 , 243.4 , 243.6 ,243.7 for the 4 days i remitted.
Btw , why u open maybank acct ? they have monthly fees incurred leh even though u met their min sum requirement.
U shouldnt waste yr time now and keep asking ppl , you already missed 2 days to remit RM20k into yr acct liao.

Now the rate had dropped to 242 something..

I dont know mah, i thought Maybank reputable there thats why i opened an account with them.

Now to find out they have monthly charges, this and that..

Can I remit during weekends?.. as long they can provide me the necessary receipt upon me remitting..

I only got the info yesterday that i should pay 14% now..

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
LGLab

Check their opening hours for raffles 1 . Sat is half day i think and it is not open on sunday.

You are right. Remit to your own account first. And don't pay up until all documents are signed.

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
LGLab

Check their opening hours for raffles 1 . Sat is half day i think and it is not open on sunday.

You are right. Remit to your own account first. And don't pay up until all documents are signed.

i wonder if jurong point sub branch offering the same TT rate...

Last edited:

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal

hi crystal,

sorry gonna check with you. do they charge u when u try to remit 10k per time?

thanks.

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
Remit rate : 2.432 - best they can give me for 4k remittance

exchange rate :- 2.42 ..

seems like MYR had strengthen..

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seems like last week remittance rate still not bad , maybe u should change some cash n cash deposit while remitting in order to speed up to have downpayment in yr acct,

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seems like last week remittance rate still not bad , maybe u should change some cash n cash deposit while remitting in order to speed up to have downpayment in yr acct,

I have told my agent that earliest the 86000 RM will only be end by 30 Jan 2012.

He volunteer to ask me bring cash over and then exchange there, I dont think that is feasible.

By the end, is our branch only "Johor" will do? Do not need "Johor Bahru" right?

Example, MayBank Johor..