• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Exchange Rates for RM

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Shiok for all whom took up loan. Paying back with cheaper ringgit. Fantastic deal.

Thinking of TT also......

Ringgit hitting a new low. May be opportune to convert some. Just TT over via CIMB (via relationship manager, not online) at the rate of 2.6005.

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
At change alley best is rm2.57 now

I usually do my own monitoring of the rate using XE apps. CIMB guy says their offer rate to me is usually .01 away. When I called to do the TT this morning, XE showed 2.61.., so I managed to lock in the rate of 2.6005. XE is now showing 2.6255, I should have waited :-(.

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
I usually do my own monitoring of the rate using XE apps. CIMB guy says their offer rate to me is usually .01 away. When I called to do the TT this morning, XE showed 2.61.., so I managed to lock in the rate of 2.6005. XE is now showing 2.6255, I should have waited :-(.

Hi,

Ur Cimb banker TT requires a minimum amount of ? to be able offer u this exceptional TT rate of XE - 0.01?
CIMB TT still need incur some facility charges can run up to $100. Small amount Banker TT in thousands not worth.
Banker must have a min amount to begin with? Otherwise normal cimb tt. But rate sucks. :(

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

Ur Cimb banker TT requires a minimum amount of ? to be able offer u this exceptional TT rate of XE - 0.01?
CIMB TT still need incur some facility charges can run up to $100. Small amount Banker TT in thousands not worth.
Banker must have a min amount to begin with? Otherwise normal cimb tt. But rate sucks. :(

I have never asked them about the minimum sum. You are right and I have found a few times that the online TT rates were no good, so I usually go through my relationship manager. For me, I usually transfer about SGD50K-100K. When I remit from SG-CIMB to MY-CIMB accounts, there is no additional charge, e.g. SGD50K will translate to MYR130K if the rate is SGD1=MYR2.60.

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have never asked them about the minimum sum. You are right and I have found a few times that the online TT rates were no good, so I usually go through my relationship manager. For me, I usually transfer about SGD50K-100K. When I remit from SG-CIMB to MY-CIMB accounts, there is no additional charge, e.g. SGD50K will translate to MYR130K if the rate is SGD1=MYR2.60.

Did 2 transfer with better rates by my RM before but rate not as good at XE - 0.01.
And there's charges for admin or something which appears on my cimb ac after a few days.
Think i need work harder on my RM in future for a better deal. :biggrin:

Cheers!

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did 2 transfer with better rates by my RM before but rate not as good at XE - 0.01.
And there's charges for admin or something which appears on my cimb ac after a few days.
Think i need work harder on my RM in future for a better deal. :biggrin:

Cheers!

Yes. Think you need to tekan your RM kuat kuat, especially IF she's the fairer sex :p. Started my transfers in May last year, although not frequently. Tired of asking my RM what's the current rate, I asked if I can use XE rate as a reference so I kachau him less; that's when he said -0.01 as a reference, although not committal.

tesoon168

Yes. Think you need to tekan your RM kuat kuat, especially IF she's the fairer sex :p. Started my transfers in May last year, although not frequently. Tired of asking my RM what's the current rate, I asked if I can use XE rate as a reference so I kachau him less; that's when he said -0.01 as a reference, although not committal.

Can share your RM?

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal

I have been monitoring for months wanting to remit when Ringgit hits 2.60, but in vain. When I managed to change at slightly better than 2.60 early in the morning, I was happy but only for a couple of hours. The Ringgit slid further; had I waited a little longer, I would have gotten a few more Ringgits in my account :(

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
If u can catch e peaks n troughs so precisely, u can be a successful forex trader. Looks like RM could weaken further given e potential widening budget deficit caused by low oil prices.

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
If u can catch e peaks n troughs so precisely, u can be a successful forex trader. Looks like RM could weaken further given e potential widening budget deficit caused by low oil prices.

If I were a forex trader, I may lose my pants as I will be VERY bullish since I am betting with other people's money :biggrin: