• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Exchange Rates for RM

dumb1

Alfrescian
Loyal
The foreign reserves have fallen to a level that is about the amount the foreigners are the holding in term of Malaysian government bonds. If the foreigners forsake the bonds with capital control lingering, the ringgit will plunge. If that happens, we may get RM5.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many of my SPR friends had already stop remitting large portion of their salary (in S$) back, unlike before.
Now, they saved them in a local bank here, despite the non existence interest rates, and only remit the basic monthly requirement back.
Every S$1,000 saved about 6 months ago in SG is getting them almost RM300 more today!

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Great news! Congrats to all, with more disposable income in the pocket......Taken 50 years of hard work to reach this historic mark!

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
A historic and happy day indeed for most bros and sis in the forum! 50 long years of hard work to make this possible.

Expect the Malaysians to panic selling of the RM with anticipation of a free fall anytime soon because the BNM, with a very much smaller Reserve (was USD94.5 billion last week), will be unable to defend its free fall.
If I have a few million RM loose cash, I'll do just that to hedge.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Expect the Malaysians to panic selling of the RM with anticipation of a free fall anytime soon because the BNM, with a very much smaller Reserve (was USD94.5 billion last week), will be unable to defend its free fall.
If I have a few million RM loose cash, I'll do just that to hedge.

Key is the foreign capital inflow and outflows, not the money exchanges of ikan bilis Malaysians and Singaporeans. Carnage on the Asian stock market today, with STI below 2,850 and 3 months sibor close to 1%.

Cant help but admire Soros for his incredible timing in offloading Alibaba, compared to our beloved Temasek.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Key is the foreign capital inflow and outflows, not the money exchanges of ikan bilis Malaysians and Singaporeans. Carnage on the Asian stock market today, with STI below 2,850 and 3 months sibor close to 1%.

Cant help but admire Soros for his incredible timing in offloading Alibaba, compared to our beloved Temasek.

Obviously it not the regular MY /SG peasants who actually can't do much about it.
Its the very rich Malaysians and foreigners where every 0.1 % drop in the RM equates tens of thousands if not millions loss which explains the rapid outflow of foreign funds the last few months.
Money changers would be glad to hang on to and keep foreign currencies and sell as much RM as possible.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal

Soros and company are the real sharks.
TH is just novice with only tons of hard earn money from Singapore to play with.

hasslehoff

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rm at 17yr low against US$ - Rm 4.23

Reports that Abu Dhabi investment company pulling out of plan to help restructure 1MDB $3.5Billion of debt

Crude/Palm oil/general commodities down. No recovery in sight. Slowing China greater than expected

Iran says will supply crude at any price. Morgan Stanley projects Rm to drop 4.75 Against US in next 6-12 mths

Only reprieve for Rm is if OPEC holds emergency meeting to reduce supply. But this goes against Saudi strategy of competing against US shale for market share. They can still make profit selling above US$25

Last edited: