• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Exchange Rates for RM

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think brexit constitues a major structural change not only for the global financial structures but also geopolitics, entailing long term impacts and adjustments.

The psychological effect lasts only a few days. SGD/MYR has returned to 2.97. The US Fed should remain cautious. I'm expecting at most one interest rate upward adjustment this year. H2 2016 should be very volatile, which is a good period for stocks and gold fast traders.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Upon the announcement of Brexit result, the major world stock market reacted in a negative way whereby as much as a TRILLION$$$ were lost collectively within 2,3 days.
As I've said earlier, it was a worse case of a knee-jerk reaction.
Today, just a week later, many market had recovered much of the losses.
In between, many had lost millions$$$ while many had also made millions$$$.
The big losers are usually the small timers.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not really, this can be a double-edged sword.
Those people who bought their assets 4,5 years ago with S$ and selling them now even with a reasonable profit may be actually losing money.

Like some sour grapes had posted. How many Sinkies actually buy into JB properties? We are referring to Sinkies like xbay, shoppers and patrol warrior and SPR..who benefits most from M$ depreciation.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like some sour grapes had posted. How many Sinkies actually buy into JB properties? We are referring to Sinkies like xbay, shoppers and patrol warrior and SPR..who benefits most from M$ depreciation.
And how many paid in CASH for all these properties to lose in depreciation?Or how many still paying mortgage for the next 20 years in RM?

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ha ha yah man, benefits people like me.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Has been 2.97 to 3.02 for the last 2 months. No big swings. My RM also don't want to update me these days liao.

The value of the ringgit is expected to drop further as Malaysia’s economy heads for its worst performance this decade.

Many financial analysts predict that the RM may go as low as RM4.40 against the US$ by year end.
Believe it or not and to take stock to hedge or not, it is up to individuals, this is just a kind reminder

http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/ca.../ringgit-in-for-another-beating-say-analysts/

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
The value of the ringgit is expected to drop further as Malaysia’s economy heads for its worst performance this decade.

Many financial analysts predict that the RM may go as low as RM4.40 against the US$ by year end.
Believe it or not and to take stock to hedge or not, it is up to individuals, this is just a kind reminder

http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/ca.../ringgit-in-for-another-beating-say-analysts/

Hooray! Rate cut + depreciation! All in this forum can rejoice!

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal

Maxxed during Brexit until no more funds available liao :smile:
USD too volatile for my weak heart. LOL

Last edited: