• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
632f4b0a.jpg

Lucky flight full got upgraded to business class but them no big deal flight only 55mins.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Just arrived in Khon Kaen city colleague drove me to city center for breakfast.

998e4a3f.jpg

Coffeeshop

417f24e7.jpg

Khai ka tah (egg in pan) - very typical breakfast in northern Isaan originated in Udon by Vietnamese immigrant during the war

a0ff6f09.jpg

Kanompang (bread with Chinese lupcheong and sausage)

Last edited:

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Speaking of Thonglor:

BANGKOK: -- A fatal stabbing and robbery of a man by four motorbike-riding muggers in central Bangkok - captured in gruesome security camera footage - occurred yesterday as police are seeking to install more CCTV cameras.

Thong Lor police are investigating the death of Buncherd Khorklangyai, 37, who was seen walking out of a store at 3am yesterday.

Four attackers approached him and demanded his money. They beat and knifed him until he collapsed, snatched his wallet and fled on two motorcycles. Buncherd died at the scene, near the entrance to Sukhumvit Soi 51.

The footage captured two of the attackers on a pink Yamaha Fino, but Pol Colonel Itthiphol Atchariyapradit called on the media to not publish the footage in hopes of preventing the attackers from altering the appearance of the motorbike. The colour and brand of the other motorbike is not yet known.

The attackers are thought to be between 20 and 25 years of age, and were possibly riding around, looking for a random target, the senior commander said.

The Metropolitan Police Bureau is seeking approval from the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration to install thousands more CCTV cameras.

Deputy commander Pol Maj General Pisit Pisutsak said stations under the Metropolitan Police Bureau had done surveys and submitted reports outlining what areas lacked security cameras.

However, some of the surveys seemed to be very superficial and would need to be done again, Pisit said.

The deputy chief was speaking after a meeting to examine the reports sent in by the police districts. All stations would be required to resubmit their surveys tomorrow, he said.

Pisit said he had instructed station commanders to ensure that all sois and sub-sois under their jurisdiction were properly surveyed, to ensure the police have eyes everywhere. If a crime occurred at a location where there were no cameras in place and police failed to collect the necessary evidence, they would be punished because the bureau had given them the opportunity to suggest places in need of the cameras.

A total of 17,000 CCTV cameras have been already installed by the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration and the private sector at residential buildings, shopping areas and banks.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
wow u in ratchashima now? cool joe.

No Muthu, no not Ratchasima. Ratchasima is also known as Korat. The route is like this: Bangkok - Saraburi - Korat - Khon Kaen - Undon - Nong Kai then its Laos' Vientiane just across Mekong river in Nong Kai.

I am in Khon Kaen.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Isn't the end of Thonglor near Param 9 ?

To be exact, Ramkhampaeng crosses Rama 9 ; Ekkamia also meet with Rama 9. But then I believe Thonglor ends or starts at New Phetchaburi Road.

By the way Soi Thonglor and Sukhumvit Soi 55 they are the same road with two names.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just arrived in Khon Kaen city colleague drove me to city center for breakfast.
Kanompang (bread with Chinese lupcheong and sausage)

Saep Boh? (Aroi Mai?)

Saep = Aroi
Boh? = Mai?

Answers either Saeb Lai (Aroi Mak) or Saeb Elli (Aroi Jing) or Boh Saeb (Mai Arai)

Above are basic Issan phrases.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
These two ladies have been "performing" quite regularly @ public places. Guess where this pic was taken. BTW, they really look like bronze statues. I saw them first @ the overhead bridge connecting Big C and Central World Plaza.

z71p7.jpg

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Motorcycle - 5 minutes
Bus - 10 minutes
Taxi - slightly less than 10 minutes
Walk - don't dare to try
That's very near.
These two ladies have been "performing" quite regularly @ public places. Guess where this pic was taken. BTW, they really look like bronze statues. I saw them first @ the overhead bridge connecting Big C and Central World Plaza.
Is it MRT station?

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember I spoke about resting points in RoC being built like tourist attractions. This is one of those in the county of Yun Lin. It's called Gukeng.

r2eoq.jpg

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is a popular site in RoC known as 頭份. It's just like 九份 in New Taipei, but with more mountains. It's situated between the north of Miaoli and south of Xinzhu.

al4zb.jpg

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To be exact, Ramkhampaeng crosses Rama 9 ; Ekkamia also meet with Rama 9. But then I believe Thonglor ends or starts at New Phetchaburi Road.

By the way Soi Thonglor and Sukhumvit Soi 55 they are the same road with two names.

Thonglor is a nice place...something like Holland V. A lot of pubs and nice food. My favourite is Witch Tavern at Soi 10.
At Soi 7 there is a very exclusive Japanese KTV that looks like a castle below.
Japanese loves this place and it is also very famous for Mamuang Khao Nieo at Soi 1...opens 24 hour.

Rama 9 is a long and major road named after the present king. The 9th King of the Chakri Dynasty.
I used to stay in Fortune Hotel, Rachada opposite Rama 9 MRT not far from Poisedon.

Re-exposure of DSCN3030R.jpg