• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Evening took the horse cart to central again for dinner

Giant prawns

Vege kebab

Grilled fish

Lobster

No wine and alcohol just food and coconut, have to say its not cheap at $170 this place but atmosphere is great.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Took a speedboat directly from Gili Trawangan island to Bali directly, even with the highspeed it took 1hr 45mins

No passengers justy me and partner

Passing by the Mt. Agung

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
So finally arrived in Bali on New Year's Eve. Understand that there's a big street party in Kuta beach, the road will be closed for the celebration countdown.

Takes about 1.5hr drive to the hotel from the dock so told driver to stop by a good restaurant, clean and serving delicious kampong chicken. He told us no problem as he know just a good place.

So this is it by the roadside

Nothing like any restaurant at all more like kopitiam, problem is lots of flies at the store but partner says try so I obliged.

This plain boiled kangkong with bean sprouts and nuts and fresh tomato sauce is typical of Lombok

Ayam bakar

Awaym goreng

Have to say we had a great simple meal but costs too much $20 including a chicken and vege portion for the driver with 3 teh butol.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Finally arrived in the hotel in Kuta which is overlooking the public beach

Room is great. Because its New Year's Eve price of room includes the dinner gala, no choice.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
[video=youtube;L9wKXnYpFlk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9wKXnYpFlk[/video]

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
[video=youtube;0dmgUIKlVls]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dmgUIKlVls[/video]

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Happy New Year Bro, Froggy.

Be safe while enjoying your New Year in Bali....

Happy New Year Grago, thought I saw someone like grago at the beach just now.

Right infrom of my hotel this video taken at 10pm. The fireworks is getting more and more intense now,

[video=youtube;Fle8bbOgwYo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fle8bbOgwYo[/video]

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Everywhere its going nuts now

[video=youtube;TTZJ6D3j-3A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTZJ6D3j-3A[/video]

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Nice home ...wah, you got house in BKK and in JKT.

Naaaaaaa these are the mega rich Indons living around the condo that I rented in Pantai Mutiara area in North Jakarta. I only have houses in Bangkok and Khon Kaen, not even in Singapore.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
shitty internet prevents me from uploading the other vids and pics

Here's one at central world.

15974676998_951b6626c0_b.jpg

Fireworks

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/225QU3m12GE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ate at this place where the former insomnia is now renamed insanity. Very wide selection of food and excellent western food choices have not seen or eatn chilli cheese fries for a damn long time

15982164209_4f0660d567_b.jpg

Closer look at the club

15548450003_1026b79295_b.jpg

Ordered a bailey's so small so little liquid inside it

16142262776_580637a21e_b.jpg

16168048335_2355987bef_b.jpg

Chicken drumlets

15545694844_f5754e2067_b.jpg

15980729980_f757d57d66_b.jpg

Khao pad moo

16142245606_d0335704f4_b.jpg

15545681754_9d226e071a_b.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Jah this is in Bangkok which part? Insomnia sounds like an discotheque in Pattaya's walking street. Your drink really looks pathetic.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Heard so much about Kuta. Might want to visit the place. Which hotel did you stay at & how much did it cost:confused:

Finally arrived in the hotel in Kuta which is overlooking the public beach

Room is great. Because its New Year's Eve price of room includes the dinner gala, no choice.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Heard so much about Kuta. Might want to visit the place. Which hotel did you stay at & how much did it cost:confused:

Johnny, Kuta is like the busiest place here in Bali with roads always jam and tourists busy shopping from the many shops surrounding Kuta.

Many hotels at Kuta too with their good restaurants. Had dinner at Ramayana Hotel just 600m from my hotel

Superb soto ayam

Balinese style chicken with rice

So its very convenient for visitors. I am still enjoying my New Year holiday here today and leaving for Jakarta tomorrow and this location is best for the celebrative season.

This is a morning scene from my room's balcony, slow traffic.

Now Johnny, if you are here in Bali for a quiet time at the beach then I wish to show you these two photos I took yesterday

The entire beach is lined with pile after pile of rubbish as far as your eyes can see. The public beach is dirty the water is not clear and filled with people hustling you to buy something and massages.

Nisa Dua will be a great place to stay if you like to relax with your own hotel private beach but its a distance from Kuta. Traffic can be hell here in Bali, last night's ride to a bar which is less than 8lm away took us almost 45mins.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Loophole on refusing breath analyser plugged :p

Refuse breath test - go to jail
Bangkok Post Published: 31/12/2014 at 07:28 PM

Jail and a heavy fine are now in the headlights of any driver who refuses a police directive to take a breath test -- they will be assumed drunk and can be arrested and charged under the drink-driving law that has just been amended.

Under the new law, which took effect on Wednesday, police can stop a car under special circumstances or when there is evidence the driver might be drunk.
They may ask the driver to enter a special lane designated by traffic cones. They can then demand the driver open a window so that they can do a preliminary test inside the car for signs of alcohol or ask the driver to take a breathalyser test. Police can also order the driver to step out of the vehicle to complete a walk-and-turn test.

If the driver refuses to take such tests, police can assume he or she has violated Section 43 (2) of the Traffic Act which prohibits driving under the influence of alcohol and other drugs.

As a result, he can be detained as necessary and/or charged with driving under the influence.
The new measure was published in the Royal Gazetteon Tuesday and took effect on Dec 31, when a higher number of road accidents related to alcohol consumption is expected.

The Traffic Control and Command Centre's Facebook page also posted a warning about the new law, saying the penalty for refusing to take the test is a jail term of up to one year and a fine of 10,000 to 20,000 baht or both. The offender may prove his innocence in court.

Under the old law, a driver who refused to take a test would be fined up to 1,000 baht. If he agrees to take the test and is found drunk, the penalty is a jail term of up to one year and a fine from 5,000 to 20,000 baht.

According to the Facebook page, the law was amended because many drunk motorists refused to take breathalyser tests and the drunk-driving offence carried a weak penalty. The new regulation is one of many preventive measures, and cooperation from the public was needed to curb road accidents.

However, Pol Lt Col Sansern Kree-aree, of Traffic Police Division’s general staff unit, said police could not just charge anyone with drunk driving unless they followed a laid-down procedure first.