• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
A Portuguese colony they were better off than Spore in the 60's but declined after independence in 70's due to protracted civil wars.
One of the poorest in Africa where you can find people peddling second socks and underwear at US 1 a piece in the market and little kids selling plastic bags, similar to NTUC @ US0.20/pce.

Fresh seafood aplenty and one can get them cheaper than the socks at the beach in the morning.
No skyscraper mostly colonial style buildings and you'll be surprised to find many roads named after Chinese leaders like Mao Tse Tung, Chou En Lai...and many others. Now I am not sure how much they have progress.

They treat Chinese like how Sinkies treat Angmo. Chinese is their saviour in rebuilding the infrastructure after the civil wars ended in the 90's.
Nice place to visit if you have the patience waiting for the waiter to return with the ketchup he went out to purchase.

Wow thanks for the short post on this country. Sounds very interesting to me. I like these old style undeveloped places. Will go read more.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Saw a funny stand alone shelf display yesterday

Notice condoms, lubricants and hong-yew, VICKS, Mopiko muscle oil together. What has these two things for to do with each other I wonder?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
A few more shots on the lower floors

13914026125_0f36fe4119_o.jpg

13890909516_e7705db8df_o.jpg

Soi tanniya

13890914051_71aa54016d_o.jpg

Renaissance hotel it's a really good hotel

13914083683_ce7405f058_o.jpg

Too much HDR. Tone it down a bit so it looks natural.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Shiok sial, soto ayam kudus with tahu and tempeh, inside the soto only chicken strips and lots of towgay.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Hey guys, I'm into juicing these days so not much food pics from me. Just so you know.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Yup I knew about it and am trying different software like photomatix which works with adobe Lightroom

All HDR software does the same thing. The trick is to tweak the parameters so that you enhance the detail without making it obvious that the image went through HDR processing. :wink:

Try Topaz adjust.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All HDR software does the same thing. The trick is to tweak the parameters so that you enhance the detail without making it obvious that the image went through HDR processing. :wink:

Try Topaz adjust.

Never heard of this software before. I have already installed photoshop and lightroom will check out this topaz adjust.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Its bloody 2am now here in Bangkok and I just back from supermarket because I need to juice tomorrow morning

So this is what I bought

So even during midnight there is no bloody excuse.

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I normally post food photos here so for a change I post the staff at this restaurant. Food in Krua Makmai is always great just that I have not posted the service staff before so here you go (its a little dark and I was a little pissed from the half bottle Hennessy so please don't mind the lousy photo quality)

If you guys prefer more of these pics over food please let me know.