• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand ? Feasible?

Was at Sky garden for some drinks with partners in Dusit D2 Baraquda. Nice ambience and good service. Good for those who want to discuss business or work. Had 2 long island tea, follow by 2 more buckets at friends bar. Was very mao last night when I get home. This morning big headache. Here's one of the pics. This one facing the back (Mercure Hotel)
Photo0225.jpg

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This is another view facing second road/beach road. Dusit D2 is located near to Avenue Shopping Mall and Royal Garden Plaza (Both walking distance). Central Festival is slight further.

Photo0222.jpg

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes, use interchangeably. Pokatit is use with 'time' whereas thamada is use more for things.
Pokatit's equivalent is 'Usually' or Normally. Just ask my staff moments ago. :smile:

If bhokatit is used with "time", then it cannot be used "interchangeably".

Even in English language, people tend to mix up "normal" with "ordinary". For example, when most guys are asked to comment on the looks of a plain-looking girl, they tend to say "she looks normal" when they actually meant "ordinary". The contrast is stark in the case of Chinese language whereupon 正常 and 普通 are entirely different in meanings.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Even in English language, people tend to mix up "normal" with "ordinary". For example, when most guys are asked to comment on the looks of a plain-looking girl, they tend to say "she looks normal" when they actually meant "ordinary". The contrast is stark in the case of Chinese language whereupon 正常 and 普通 are entirely different in meanings.
yes bprohkgadti is used with time.....i think the closest translation should be usually or usual.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal

When Ah Sam creating a living in Thailand folder?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

yes bprohkgadti is used with time.....i think the closest translation should be usually or usual.

Thanks for highlighting this. Another word is 'common'.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Back to my apartment. Time for a short nap. :smile:

Nowadays, feel sleepy easily. Cannot live without afternoon nap.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Time for a short nap. :smile: Cannot live without afternoon nap.
Nah, you drying out today (after last night's alcoholic view):p
I also tam boon at night at Walking Street
Oi, what did you dish out to puyings? Can think we all do de-merit instead:p
Khun Ying Pojaman said:
...people tend to mix up "normal" with "ordinary". For example, when most guys are asked to comment on the looks of a plain-looking girl, they tend to say "she looks normal" when they actually meant "ordinary". The contrast is stark..
Learned new thai vocab. And yes, if both examples used in different context ...can be hazardous to your health

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Nah, you drying out today (after last night's alcoholic view):p

Oi, what did you dish out to puyings? Can think we all do de-merit instead:p

Learned new thai vocab. And yes, if both examples used in different context ...can be hazardous to your health
That's what happen when I take Long Island instead of the regular beer or whisky. Problem with Long Island is that it taste nice and so keep whacking.

Here's a stupid one by me. Last night, after the drinking, stopped by at 7-11 to get some drinking water (non-alcoholic):wink:, and then I walked back to my apartment.
knn, this morning found my bike missing! Almost Fxxk the security and the landlord! Turn out, I parked my bike at 7-11 and walked back. Sibeh paiseh. Even more paiseh is this is not the first time.:p

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal

That's what happen when I take Long Island instead of the regular beer or whisky. Problem with Long Island is that it taste nice and so keep whacking.

Here's a stupid one by me. Last night, after the drinking, stopped by at 7-11 to get some drinking water (non-alcoholic):wink:, and then I walked back to my apartment.
knn, this morning found my bike missing! Almost Fxxk the security and the landlord! Turn out, I parked my bike at 7-11 and walked back. Sibeh paiseh. Even more paiseh is this is not the first time.:p

Maybe you pretended to be drunk and then found a wonder excuse to fxxx the security and landlord because:

this is your security

thai-girls-pancake-khemanit.jpg

and this, your landlord

600full-paula-taylor.jpg

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Maybe you pretended to be drunk and then found a wonder excuse to fxxx the security and landlord because:

this is your security

pancake1zp4.jpg

and this, your landlord

600full-paula-taylor.jpg
Cannot see the security (frog in an ice cube), For the landlord, if my landlord look like this, think this place fully booked. 40 years ago maybe.:wink:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

hahaha. Now can see pic already. Like that, I cannot fxxk security and landlord liaoz. Must pretend Na Song San (pitiful). Save 1 year salary to buy bike only to kena stolen.

Talking about new bike license plate, still have not get my official license plate. Still using the red temporary plates. If park at wrong place, one day sure kena Ka Moi.

It's dinner time. Thinking of going for another round of long island at friend's bar. :wink:

Last edited:

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Cannot see the security (frog in an ice cube), For the landlord, if my landlord look like this, think this place fully booked. 40 years ago maybe.:wink:

Bro, received your 2nd attachment. Thanks. Confirmed machine is 30%. Industrial use such as roaster is 5%. Nothing to do with voltage.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal

I still couldn't figure out for sure some of the tariffs for some of the raw materials that Thai Customs Department is likely to impose. I think I might just have to pay a visit to the Custom Department.

Does anyone know where the CD in Bkk is located ? Airport ? Or do I have to visit the Ministry of Finance instead ?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

I don't believe it that I disappeared whole day. Went to work. Had Fuji with partner until 5pm. Get home pissed. Cooked dinner for a visitor and her kids. Had dinner with all of them. Still pissed from lunch so slept at 10pm. Woke up at 1am not cannot sleep, knn. Really don't know what to do now.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I still couldn't figure out for sure some of the tariffs for some of the raw materials that Thai Customs Department is likely to impose. I think I might just have to pay a visit to the Custom Department.

Does anyone know where the CD in Bkk is located ? Airport ? Or do I have to visit the Ministry of Finance instead ?
Go to the one in Rama 4. It is at Klong Toey. See if you can use the following GPS coordinates to search in google map, 13.713642,100.56565

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I don't believe it that I disappeared whole day. Went to work. Had Fuji with partner until 5pm. Get home pissed. Cooked dinner for a visitor and her kids. Had dinner with all of them. Still pissed from lunch so slept at 10pm. Woke up at 1am not cannot sleep, knn. Really don't know what to do now.
Joe, Fuji do not serve alcoholic beverages between 2pm to 5 pm right?

Me sometimes also got same problem with waking up too early. My trick is don't sleep too early.:wink: Good thing in Pattaya is there is always something on during the early hours of the morning. :wink: