• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: A Singaporean\'s guide to living in Thailand

Doing krungthep 1-3/5 for meeting with JV, and skiving off to N Sawan 4/5. Tempted to do your local bistro WILY (not other willy +555). Cheers mate

wonderpons.com is selling tickets for 250B for Cookin' Nanta at BigC Ratchadamri for May 2-4. Great deal.

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

TDDD, what type of visa are you holding during your 2 year stay in BKK? Some type of visa allow you to apply for medical entitlements.

Once you got your work permit approved, the company must pay 750bahts monthly to what they call, social security and you are entitled to absolutely free medical services in govt hospitals. No consultation fee and all medications are free. I had a minor procedure done and it was also free. Unlike Fuck Up Sinkie medical system.

Tamdeedaidee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Once you got your work permit approved, the company must pay 750bahts monthly to what they call, social security and you are entitled to absolutely free medical services in govt hospitals. No consultation fee and all medications are free. I had a minor procedure done and it was also free. Unlike Fuck Up Sinkie medical system.
"On-off" for 2 years coz was on a tourist visa so did visa runs a few times after a while got troublesome & tiring.
Bht750 is approx $30 but what if you have to be admitted for say an appendix op or you fell & broke your leg?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Just got home from office finalizing my packing. Also this morning got my staff to go get me the International Driving Permit. This is how Thailand's IDP looks like. 500baht.

a4198006.jpg

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Just got home from office finalizing my packing. Also this morning got my staff to go get me the International Driving Permit. This is how Thailand's IDP looks like. 500baht.

Bringing your DMX over?

Have a safe trip and a wonderful time in L.A.

Chokdee mak

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

So nice I can't afford lah, just need a single bed and a nurse, TV and internet, OK already.
Trust me, if you can afford to stay in SG, you can afford to stay in LOS.
Good for you, any house warming party?:biggrin:

LK style's very "continental" (classic european) style.

Doing krungthep 1-3/5 for meeting with JV, and skiving off to N Sawan 4/5. Tempted to do your local bistro WILY (not other willy +555). Cheers mate
Hehehe, No house warming or anything lah. Will be keeping the old apartment also. :smile:

Right, that is for those holding WP.

Hehehe, this one can only get in BKK, Transport Office in Chonburi office don't issue this here.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

"On-off" for 2 years coz was on a tourist visa so did visa runs a few times after a while got troublesome & tiring.
Bht750 is approx $30 but what if you have to be admitted for say an appendix op or you fell & broke your leg?
Actually, if you 'upgrade' your tourist visa to any of the long term stay VISA, you can apply for insurance coverage from insurance companies. Most of my retirement friends who are on retirement visa have their own personal insurance coverage and is even better than the social security. The cost is about USD 600-1200 per year.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

There is a big event going on in Sin City.It's call Pattaya Music Festival 2012. 27 April - 29 April. List of performing artists can be found here.:

http://www.tourismthailand.org/index.php?id=185&event_id=3677

Have been wondering why there are so many cars on the road today. Only when my staff inform me about this event, then I know. The whole stretch of beach road is closed.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hehehe, No house warming or anything lah. Will be keeping the old apartment also. :smile:
So how do you divide time between 2 apartments (if not keeping other for rental or investment)? One for mia noy .. just beware of your nong chai +555:p

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

So how do you divide time between 2 apartments (if not keeping other for rental or investment)? One for mia noy .. just beware of your nong chai +555:p
Old apartment is temporary for storing of my belongings. Have accumulated quite a lot of things over the last few years. Also bought back some small equipment and tools from Surin/Rayong recently. My stuffs are all over the place.

Hehehe. Regarding Mia Noi or whatever, this is the least worries I have.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Bringing your DMX over?

Have a safe trip and a wonderful time in L.A.

Chokdee mak

Korb-Khun-Krab Pii Rusty

Now wife and I in TG lounge. Checking in same same for any destination so the warning about 3hrs check-in before flights to America no issue here. Today immigration also a breeze.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Don't forget your pepper and chilli padi. Trust me, everything you eat in Saharat will taste very plain. Pai seh, belachan cannot. Wait you kena detain by homeland security for bringing in most stinking object to saharat.

Dont forget to post saharat food hor.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Don't forget your pepper and chilli padi. Trust me, everything you eat in Saharat will taste very plain. Pai seh, belachan cannot. Wait you kena detain by homeland security for bringing in most stinking object to saharat.

Dont forget to post saharat food hor.

Pii Chon saharat arai? Mai-kao-jai ????

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Knn, still 'moving' house. Can't believe i have so much stuff. Already trying my best to move only the necessity and keep the not so useful stuff at old place.

Problem now, fxxking tired laew and also traffic jam and in my old apartment. Luckily still have half bottle of whisky. Tonight die die also must sleep at new place cos' all my clean clothings and saboon/shampoo in new place already.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Btw, please allow me the honour to invite you and mrs to relax@bangsaen when you balek kampong to LOS.
I will take care of the Hennessy too. :biggrin:

Enjoy!

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hehehehe. Moving house whole day, very tired now and also feel 'sticky' or 'niam niam'. And also a little bit stink from the sweat wasted today.

Guess where is the best place to go now?:wink:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

There is a big event going on in Sin City.It's call Pattaya Music Festival 2012. 27 April - 29 April. List of performing artists can be found here.:

http://www.tourismthailand.org/index.php?id=185&event_id=3677

Have been wondering why there are so many cars on the road today. Only when my staff inform me about this event, then I know. The whole stretch of beach road is closed.
Heng no Big Ass, if not more crowded :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Korb-Khun-Krab Pii Rusty

Now wife and I in TG lounge. Checking in same same for any destination so the warning about 3hrs check-in before flights to America no issue here. Today immigration also a breeze.

Have fun bro!!

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Korb-Khun-Krab Pii Rusty

Flights to the US may get an extra security check at the gate. At least US airlines definitely do. Maybe not TG. Hope you had a good flight

Last edited: