• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is one Singaporean who goes there very regulary....sometimes everyday in a stretch. Very well respected from the boss down to the waitresses...in fact anyone who works there long enough knows him. When he has large group of friends he usually requests one single big room with up to 10 beds purely for massage...no hanky panky. Some dislike the place because of the communal toilets, unless you go for the 'soapy' massage.. The place is old and in dilapidated conditions. Advice is go after refurbishing is done and god knows when.
Dun think it will be ever renovate, haha... there's a guy called Cowboy there, 555..

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Sawasdee krup everyone.

Bro, what is your internet TV receiver like ? Do you need to hook up to a PC at the same time ?

Comes in a box can be connected directly to my modem/router by cable (ignor the bottom black box this is the True box)
82ebae9c.jpg

But in my case I rather use wireless so connected by this antenna (note the remote comtrol of the box)
40ddb9bd.jpg

This is not free and I got to pay 6000 baht per year. But its got lots of Taiwan and Hong Kong channels and also the other stuff like HBO, BBC, NG, Animal Planet, Discovery (the last 3 channels has either Chinese subtitle or are in Mandarin)

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Thanks to you. I used your CameraAwesome app with stability control set

After staying in a typical studio Thai apartment for a few days - I am moving into one of my usual hotels at the Ratchaprasong area. I am thinking of hitting the following in the next few days:
Thamnamthai restaurant at Ploenchit center - they've been around for 80+ years
Lenotre - for some coffee, baked pastries and macarons from a well-known Parisian patisserie
Nara@Erawan for kway teow soup
Xin Tian Di at Gaysorn - Peking duck
Dosa King on Sukh 11/1
Chili Padi (Malaysian place where Embassy people go to) at the corner of silom and surasak. Nasi lemak and rendang their specialities
Kagonoya in Thonglor near the Market Place (just go 300 meter into Soi Suk 55) for Kaiseki

Great if you and your wife/maid can come - parking at the Renaissance Marriott is free for guests. Most (execpt for last 2) are within walking distance

he he he you wrote wife/maid very misleading it could be "wife or maid" ; "wife and maid" ; "wife = maid" wahahahahaha

Thanks for the lead, for 6 sabai sabai years here I have not tried any Singapore or Malaysia restaurant here, its nice of you to post because you look at here with a different set of perspective which for most of us here we don't or can't see. I will surely make a trip with wife to the Chilli Padi restaurant after she comes back from Japan. (Oh that remids me she's leaving for Japan tomorrow, hoooray!)

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
he he he you wrote wife/maid very misleading it could be "wife or maid" ; "wife and maid" ; "wife = maid" wahahahahaha

Thanks for the lead, for 6 sabai sabai years here I have not tried any Singapore or Malaysia restaurant here, its nice of you to post because you look at here with a different set of perspective which for most of us here we don't or can't see. I will surely make a trip with wife to the Chilli Padi restaurant after she comes back from Japan. (Oh that remids me she's leaving for Japan tomorrow, hoooray!)

Sorry paiseh - I meant wife + maid = everybody. Well invitation always open - you have my number. I leave on Sunday.

I know your wife is an expert traveler to Japan, having been there before many times. But this time is nice - it is peak ohanami (flower watch, literally) season. The best lounge in T1 (if she is flying Star Alliance) is ANA (there are 2 - both are just as good) - they serve made-to-order soba, free wifi. showers, pastries etc. Also if she is Star Gold, you check-in separately in a common premier area, not need to go to TG/UA/NH etc - lines much shorter.

She probably already has the prepaid train card - Suica - but if she does not, there's a deal where you can get a NEX (Narita Express) ticket + Suica with 1500yen. That's a good deal - they've been offering it for a couple of years.

I usually take the cheapest option which is either the Keisei line (the skyliner train is cheaper and not that much slower than NEX) or the local JR Sobu line (blue)

If she is flying into Haneda, then scratch everything I said :smile:

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Joetys, saw many of these media boxes in tuk com. Need to self installation or not. I am quite interested in the wireless option.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Joetys, saw many of these media boxes in tuk com. Need to self installation or not. I am quite interested in the wireless option.

I got this through a Taiwanese contact here, the owner is also a Taiwanese. They installed everything for me. This evening when I get home I will take pic of the channels available and post here.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
If she is flying into Haneda, then scratch everything I said :smile:

Thanks rotikosong for the invitation, wife leaving tomorrow and I leaving for Pattaya on Friday so join you next time. Yes she's heading for Narita so I will inform her about your tips.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Office now machiam battle field. 3 group of contractors doing work, electrical, aircon and partition contractors. Mae Baan Buat Hua Mak.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Sad, they closed the outlet at Paya Lebar otherwise could squelch your temptation.

Hmmm never know they have it in Singapore. Anyway when come MK I always ask for sesame lots of sesame to be added into they sauce.

4973e07b.jpg

Left is sesame oil with soya sauce an sesame seed ; right is MK sauce with sesame seeds

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Ok guys, just got back from lunch and saw my new ride sitting there in my lot

90c13fa5.jpg

02db961f.jpg

7c48542b.jpg

7a10658e.jpg

66c8e5e1.jpg

e18a373e.jpg

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ok guys, just got back from lunch and saw my new ride sitting there in my lot

e18a373e.jpg
Interior look totally different from my earlier hilander. Look very fierce on the exterior too. Ready to get a few sao sao to parade during songkran liaoz.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hehehe. Got a lot of time to explore. Think take awhile to get use to the vibrations and noise from a diesel engine. Also have a good view of the road becos of the height.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Hehehe. Got a lot of time to explore. Think take awhile to get use to the vibrations and noise from a diesel engine. Also have a good view of the road becos of the height.

Not high enough. Need to zeng more.