• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey guys one of my thai frens is working in some club in korea. I don't think it's those lub sup bar type of club but i'm just curious about the working conditions in korea and the pay and of course the currency rates. I don't think the won has that high of a currency rate and you know the language spoken in there is korean and not english. So the only reason i can think why someone would want to work in korea would be just to experience life in another country and live in a 1st world country i assume south korea is first world.

The pay in Korea is high as food is very expensive in Korea. In fact it's very expensive to live in Seoul. A dish washer earns about $2K SGD, and we're talking about minimum pay.

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sawadeekarp ! :biggrin:
How is everyone in The Land of a Thousand Smiles ?
Ser bai dee mai ?
Been raining on and off in Singha-pour these few days.
It always rain before and during 清明节.
Do remember to pay respect to your ancestors.
I'll be heading to Johor tomorrow to do so.

Chok dee !

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Forgot to add :p

This year's ( AD 2012 / B.E. 2555 ) 清明节 falls on 4 April ( Wednesday )

The famous poem by 杜牧 about 清明 ,

清明時節雨紛紛
路上行人欲斷魂
借問酒家何處有
牧童遙指杏花村

Translate

A drizzling rain falls like tears on the Mourning Day ,
The mourner's heart is breaking on his way.
Where can a winehouse be found to drown his sadness ?
A cowherd points to Almond Flower ( Xing Hua ) Village in the distance.

Chok dee !

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Got it ! Thank you so much.....I wanted it since 3 years ago....the ringtone is damn funny :smile:

You're welcome. I love it too. Hazard's brother passed it to me some years back. Enjoy. I will learn how to install into my iPhone tomorrow because got to first convert it from mp3 to AAc first theen trasfer via iTunes. Stupid and lehchay.

Goodnight.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Sawadeekarp ! :biggrin:
How is everyone in The Land of a Thousand Smiles ?
Ser bai dee mai ?
Been raining on and off in Singha-pour these few days.
It always rain before and during 清明节.
Do remember to pay respect to your ancestors.
I'll be heading to Johor tomorrow to do so.

Chok dee !

Sawasdee krup Pii Spotter. You have a great day tomorrow visiting JB. Careful of those JB ah beng. Do enjoy the JB food. Damn solid everywhere especially teh txe-char.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The pay in Korea is high as food is very expensive in Korea. In fact it's very expensive to live in Seoul. A dish washer earns about $2K SGD, and we're talking about minimum pay.

so if a dish washer makes minimum of 2k sgd how much would he need to spend on basic neccessities living in seoul.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think there's a thai disco scene over there. But if the minimum pay over there is 2ksgd she must be making quite a lot.

Korea has a minimum wage policy in place - 4,320 won per hour or S$4.77 per hour or S$38.00 per day on an 8-hour basis. Like Taiwan, the foreign workers are protected by the minimum wage policy. That is a lot of money for an average Thai, if you're not an elite.

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Sawasdee krup everyone.

KYP I hope the tukkae works in your mobile. What happened was that I used to sync my Nokia with my Thinkpad. After I changed to iPhone I also changed notebook to MacBook therefore i have not attempted to link the Nikia with MacBook before. Also because its been more than 1.5yrs not using the Nokia I became unfamiliar and I attempted to send the mp3 file by email via wifi but cannot, oh one thing I fail was to be able to provide the Nokia a SIM card because all our cards at home is the small SIM for iPhone including my maid's. So without SIM makes it more difficult. And I also discovered that its not easy to connect by Bluetooth between these two equipment. Finally I was able to connect by Bluetooth and then I could send the mp3 file over and email to you. Anyway I learned something.

Have a nice day.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Pii Chon Sawasdee krup. This one confirm pra-muek-day-deow (literal translation is "one sunshine squid")

c1aecc98.jpg

Last edited:

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am in Bangkok now and had the pleasure of dinner/drinks with Pi joetys the other day. This guy is a class act and he truly lives well. Thanks again dude.

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am going to try my hand at this iphone/Photobucket thing, following the examples set by greater minds in here already.

Had dinner at Talaat Hway Kwang yesterday. Many of us here have been going there for a long time and will know of the Khao Kah Moo (Pork Leg rice) and Khao Moo Korb at Khao Kah Moo Raan Sirichai. They also have Kanom Jeen (rice noodles with curry) and Tom Luad Moo (pig innards soup).

Ordered this

Next you help yourself to the raw vegetables here (really more for Kanom Jeen)

Then you check out the eyecandy

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course it's okay. It's called ground coffee, anyway. The only problem is once ground, i.e. in powder form, the coffee must be consumed immediately. There is no way to keep ground coffee without sacrificing the taste and aroma.

It depends. Espresso requires a coarser grind. If you buy beans and you decide to grind in the store - you have to choose how fine the grind you want. Drip filters - fine grind. Espresso - medium. French Press you can go with an even more coarser grind.