• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand ? Feasible?

Hit some soft (weak) spots of mine ..but then too many :biggrin:
Nachos (goes well with pints, prefer the dip style), or chian and char kuay teow (both sinful) :p

the kway tiao was pretty good. Surprisingly stall opened on 1st day CNY night time.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

TATTOO

Jolie and Pitt get matching tattoos from Thai ‘master’

THE NATION February 12, 2016 1:00 am
30279134-01.JPEG
Angelina Jolie’s three new tattoos, in the middle and right of her back.Photo from IG: angelinajolieofficial
HOLLYWOOD STARS Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt recently got matching tattoos from a Thai tattoo guru.

News about Jolie and Pitt's tattoos - and the extremely personal spiritual meaning behind them - was revealed on Woman's Day website.

Last month, while the 40-year-old Oscar winner was directing the film "First They Killed My Father" in Cambodia, the couple had a secret session with Ajarn Noo Kanpai, who had previously inked her left shoulder blade in 2003 and etched a tiger on her lower back in 2004, the site reported.

This time, the fresh etching in the middle and right of her back is comprised of grids with pyramids at the top.

"They [the tattoos] give the wearer protection and health," a source told Woman's Day. "Angelina is a very spiritual person and has long believed her tattoos are more than just designs on her body - that they actually hold some meaning, power and influence over her."

Pitt, 52, has a Buddhist symbol |tattooed on the left side of his midriff beneath the lyrics of the Bob Dylan song "When the Deal Goes Down".

In a touching tribute to the strength of their bond - despite reports of |marital discord in recent weeks - Woman's Day said it is understood that Ajarn Noo used the same ink for both Pitt and Jolie.

According to the insider, the stars' artwork was done using the ancient hand-poking method with a bamboo tube and a sterilised needle.

The Nation tried to reach Ajarn Noo, but he declined to comment.

However, he told Woman's Day: "I don't know if my work has helped Angelina in her life, but I hope so. My tattoos have a great deal of spiritual meaning and significance, so I hope they have blessed her."

The couple have numerous tattoos, mainly dedicated to their six children, Maddox, 14; Pax, 12; Zahara, 11; Shiloh, 9; and seven-year-old twins Knox and Vivienne, the site reported.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

TATTOO

Jolie and Pitt get matching tattoos from Thai ‘master’

THE NATION February 12, 2016 1:00 am
30279134-01.JPEG
Angelina Jolie’s three new tattoos, in the middle and right of her back.Photo from IG: angelinajolieofficial
HOLLYWOOD STARS Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt recently got matching tattoos from a Thai tattoo guru.

News about Jolie and Pitt's tattoos - and the extremely personal spiritual meaning behind them - was revealed on Woman's Day website.

Last month, while the 40-year-old Oscar winner was directing the film "First They Killed My Father" in Cambodia, the couple had a secret session with Ajarn Noo Kanpai, who had previously inked her left shoulder blade in 2003 and etched a tiger on her lower back in 2004, the site reported.

This time, the fresh etching in the middle and right of her back is comprised of grids with pyramids at the top.

"They [the tattoos] give the wearer protection and health," a source told Woman's Day. "Angelina is a very spiritual person and has long believed her tattoos are more than just designs on her body - that they actually hold some meaning, power and influence over her."

Pitt, 52, has a Buddhist symbol |tattooed on the left side of his midriff beneath the lyrics of the Bob Dylan song "When the Deal Goes Down".

In a touching tribute to the strength of their bond - despite reports of |marital discord in recent weeks - Woman's Day said it is understood that Ajarn Noo used the same ink for both Pitt and Jolie.

According to the insider, the stars' artwork was done using the ancient hand-poking method with a bamboo tube and a sterilised needle.

The Nation tried to reach Ajarn Noo, but he declined to comment.

However, he told Woman's Day: "I don't know if my work has helped Angelina in her life, but I hope so. My tattoos have a great deal of spiritual meaning and significance, so I hope they have blessed her."

The couple have numerous tattoos, mainly dedicated to their six children, Maddox, 14; Pax, 12; Zahara, 11; Shiloh, 9; and seven-year-old twins Knox and Vivienne, the site reported.

Expect a new wave of copycats and wannabes alike......
Ajaan Mickey Mouse price for inking will skyrocket yet again......current market rate is 60k baht for one

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

NW, you sure know your skin jobs :p

I got into an argument with his disciples over their discriminatory pricing some years back.
The price for thai (pretty syt) was quoted at $6k for same tattoo.
The new tattoo is the yant gao phet (9 diamond amour).....first time I see it on a girl.....believe she'll start a new trend

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Just upgraded to LTE (4G) 888 baht per month for this package, I wonder how this is compare to Singapore packages. Started using since yesterday in Bangkok and Pattaya, speed vastly improved.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I got into an argument with his disciples over their discriminatory pricing some years back.
The price for thai (pretty syt) was quoted at $6k for same tattoo.
The new tattoo is the yant gao phet (9 diamond amour).....first time I see it on a girl.....believe she'll start a new trend

So for men and non thais it's 60k?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Arjan noo is so famous anyway.

His peers give him nickname ajaan Mickey Mouse.....his supporters will call them sour grapes.....up to you to interprete.
But this ajaan noo is so kiasu even when he publish his own tattoo book he purposely misspell some characters in the tattoos to mislead copycats

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

His peers give him nickname ajaan Mickey Mouse.....his supporters will call them sour grapes.....up to you to interprete.
But this ajaan noo is so kiasu even when he publish his own tattoo book he purposely misspell some characters in the tattoos to mislead copycats

why mickey mouse?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That's farang price....if you Asian face then around 30k.....and this was before the new tattoo.....believe after this will skyrocket again.

Interesting so he doesn't have a fixed rate but then again i bet most tattoo parlours don't have a fixed price.

you mentioned thai syt 6k bht only what about thai bu but not syt? So the pricing also depends on how chio and young they are?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Just upgraded to LTE (4G) 888 baht per month for this package, I wonder how this is compare to Singapore packages. Started using since yesterday in Bangkok and Pattaya, speed vastly improved.

Hate AIS speeds and their 3G speed is shit anyway so upgrading to 4G is a better option.

I recently got a new DTAC sim card cos my mi4i doesn't support 4G band on truemove and i don't want to have anything to do with AIS internet.

Vast improvement over truemove's 3G speed which was so damn slow.

That's the good thing about an iphone i think they support every 4G band out there. Anyway it's good that all thai mobile operators have 4G speeds now. Just hate the fact that truemove still boasts about having the best 4G speed/network in thailand when you call in to them.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Hate AIS speeds and their 3G speed is shit anyway so upgrading to 4G is a better option.

I recently got a new DTAC sim card cos my mi4i doesn't support 4G band on truemove and i don't want to have anything to do with AIS internet.

Vast improvement over truemove's 3G speed which was so damn slow.

That's the good thing about an iphone i think they support every 4G band out there. Anyway it's good that all thai mobile operators have 4G speeds now. Just hate the fact that truemove still boasts about having the best 4G speed/network in thailand when you call in to them.

Thanks for the info, think I should quickly go convert my other DTAC monthly subscription card to 4G

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
We often say Thais are a creative bunch, just take a look at their marketing and commercial industry, movie industry etc

Now this is carrying it a little bit too far by queuing passengers boarding aircraft at gate D2, see what they did to this SCB bank advert