• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I mentioned before that the cost of dental care in Thailand is not as expensive as in Singapore. To give you an example again yesterday went to our regular doctor in a prestigious hospital for our annual checks, doc found out the filling of my last tooth had cracked and need to be removed and refilled new again cost is only 2,224 baht ($86) including the usual annual cleaning, wife's bill for the usual checks and clean is only 1,097 baht ($43). Could be cheaper if done in normal dental clinic. So if anyone is here on holiday you could get your teeth done too.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That is very reasonable.

In Toronto, the cost of a 6 mth check up is about Cdn$72 to $100, excluding cleaning.

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Songkran celebrations already started in some province as most migrant workers return home during the songkran period. For those who are in LOS, do drive carefully as this period has the highest accident rate across the whole country, mainly due to drunk driving.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Songkran celebrations already started in some province as most migrant workers return home during the songkran period. For those who are in LOS, do drive carefully as this period has the highest accident rate across the whole country, mainly due to drunk driving.

Traffic jam also started in the outer ring road (Wongwaen) towards Isaan. Highway operator will stop collecting toll fees to ease the traffic starting later this evening I think.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
[video=youtube;e_be_y0hO0Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_be_y0hO0Y[/video]

Saw this jam on my way home from office at the outer ring road, jam is towards north and isaan, expect worst tomorrow.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Goo bargain this morning got a 5.4kg seabass for 150 baht per kilo only $32, big and fresh, shiok

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Also bought a whole Spanish mackerel, 3.1kg for $22, great catch today

Hola Mi amigo, ( Spanish mackerel..... :p ) can speak after eating the fish :biggrin:..... Sorry couldn't resist the temptation. The fish look very nice and the squid look fresh also. Did you get the squids?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Hola Mi amigo, ( Spanish mackerel..... :p ) can speak after eating the fish :biggrin:..... Sorry couldn't resist the temptation. The fish look very nice and the squid look fresh also. Did you get the squids?

No I did not buy the squid. The squid here in Thailand is very I like it grilled or in lime juice soup like this

IMG_0484.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
All my enemies better get out of my way, I'll be heavily armed this Songkrang with my fully automatic weapon

my assistant for this season

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Here I thought you were working hard and had to put up with the hardship of traveling for business:biggrin:

Business with pleasure buddy.

Anyway this is a typical roadside stall spring up during this time. I'm arming myself to the teeth not taking any chance.