• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Maid showed me this morning her freshly fried shallots was tempted to try so cooked up this simple breaky

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thought we will cross path yesterday in Patts looks like another time.
No worries. Drove to Hua Hin, nice resort Bihai at Khao Takiap 3-4km away from downtown

Boutique style less than 20 rooms. Lotsa condo here, dejavu 8 years ago

Fresh fish on beach restaurant for thb280 (less than s$12)

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
At a Thai seafood restaurant near the house

Phak kachet fai daeng

Pu mah - boiled flower crab

Grilled cockles

Khao pad khanna pla khaem (fried rice with kailan and salted fish)

Pla kapong manao (lime seabass)

This is something I forgot to ask the name - raw crab yes it eaten raw with roe and Thai herb and spices and fish sauce and lime

Close up see how fresh the roe is?

The only thing above I eat is the boiled crab and fish

The restaurant

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Was at an old shop yesterday for lunch, braised duck and other tze char

See, even the wiring in the coffee shop also so old, I remembered old HDB flats have same type of wiring

the reason being there, braised duck, it's so soft and quite juicy in the meat one of the best I've rated even compare to Singapore's

Pig's stomach with giamchye lookd good ya? Too bad for me I only eat the salted vege, really shiok.

We will call this mua yew kway or sesame chicken, great dish wokhei very strong

Vege and salted fish fried rice

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Sometimes staff in TG can throw you a surprise. Like today, asked for Mama, Thai instant noodle, this is what they gave, Mama with braised pork, very delicious

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
chicken cutlet fried rice

16800900697_ab21f0ae82_b.jpg

Still my favourite one

16906885695_a88376fcbc_b.jpg

Last edited:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Enroute back to Bkk, a nice small cafe restaurant in gas station stop in Samut Songkram. Local simple dish with small fish (can be eaten whole) and some coconut shoot dish.

Very halal dish from Lanna fair

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You don't get this pig blood anymore Sg. My last hurrah before planet earth yesterday

Can't help order this, with yum seeds. For only thb80, full mango. Or less than s$3.40

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Rate this Bangrie coffee best, enroute to airport. 3 strengths, northern traditional arabica beans. Used to be at all Jiffy gas stations, until PTT took over. Now they have this awful Amazon chain.

Can only handle the medium strength (Klang). Full flavour

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Its back to reality after a short break in Tokyo immediately went to get my hot & spicy tomyam fix

Sorry I meant this delicious chicken tomyam

Yam pla dokfu

Hoi miang

Yodmala fai daeng

Pl kapong samongpai

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Gasoline prices at Shell

Diesel, Diesel V-Power, Gasohol E20 (20% ethanol), Gasohol 91 and Gasohol 95 V-Power. Just divide by 24 you get the S$ value. So it's $1.30 per liter for the 95 that I fill.