• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tay Ping Hui in war of words with owner of fake SMRT Twitter account

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
20120103.230310_smrt_taypinghui.jpg

Have you encountered a "troll" online? Actor Tay Ping Hui found himself engaging in a war of words with one recently.

The incident began with an innocent tweet that the actor sent out on Dec 17 over microblog Twitter.

He called for people to request for SMRT to set a free travel day for all commuters instead of paying a fine. He also asked people to "take this viral". This was over the train disruptions on Dec 15 and Dec 17.

Much later, on Jan 2, another Twitter user with the handle SMRT Ltd (Feedback), decided to reply to Tay's message. calling him a "cheapskate".

Things would have been alright if Tay had not taken up the bait laid by the "troll".

After all, the Twitter account isn't official. It's a game of masquerade, where users who do not know better get sucked into it when they mistake it as the official account and start complaining to it.

By the way, the official Twitter account operated by SMRT goes by the handle: SMRT_Singapore.

Unfortunately Tay took the bait.

"Trolling" is a term that was coined in the 1980s by Internet users to describe people who intentionally disrupt online communities, according to a New York Times report. It's a game for these people to provoke strangers, the report said.

Tay seemed to have an idea that the account wasn't official. He replied via Twitter: "1st of all, I seriously doubt ur authenticity. 2ndly ur attempt on humour is at best...Pathetic."

Tay added: "BTW, you DO realize you just called the ENTIRE SMRT commuters cheapskate right? U so poor thing leh".

The owner behind SMRT Ltd (Feedback) shot back: "Dear Hui Ping, pathetic is when you try to make "Free Transport Day" viral. What we do know is you don't take the train."

Tay then replied, still via Twitter: "I shld just let you embarass urself, but I feel obliged to open ur tiny mind. One does not need to be in war to know its atrocities."

[email protected]

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. tsk tsk tsk!
2. some small-time individual doing some small & useless thing on the net.
3. move on!
4. next.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tay ping hui got wacked in the neck by a visitor here for playing dirty during NUS basketball trial. Laid flat in the court for 10 minutes.

(Friend, if you are reading this, I salute you.... :wink:)

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TPH trying to do a Chow Yun Fatt with that goatee?
He got the type of face you either love or hate. At least alot more better than those 100% fuckfaces like Terrance chao chee bye, vomit singh, mark lee and the likes...

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TPH trying to do a Chow Yun Fatt with that goatee?
He got the type of face you either love or hate. At least alot more better than those 100% fuckfaces like Terrance chao chee bye, vomit singh, mark lee and the likes...

At least Terence Cao could act well, and Mark Lee inherited some of Jack Neo's slapstick comedy genius.

Tay Ping Hui can't really act: he's the male version of Jeanette Aw.

Gurmit, makes me wanna vomit. Ugh! Are there no better English-speaking show hosts?

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Considering that Tay is on the threshold of PAP political stardom, he is merely working the ground to raise civic consciousness. It doesn't do him any harm at all as it also raises his profile. Methinks his acting sucks and he is as wooden as Woody Goh; if not more so. But good luck to him for his MP's aspirations. The discerning public is waiting!

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Remember his 1 minute cameo role in the movie Infernal Affairs 2..??? KNN, he can only be big in Sinkieland but he will never make it in HK...

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Troll?! Did Tay Ping Hui kana scroobal (aka King of Trolls)?

He's quite pissed that his supposedly berth was given to Tin Pei Ling.

Let's just wait for Ramseth to come in and claim credit for this

It has nothing to do with me. I don't play basketball. Frankly, I don't have the height for the game in which height is imperative, unlike football in which different heights have different roles and advantages. Tay Ping Hui was a Commando Cpt. Whoever the guy who took him down, must be some real fighter I'd like to shake hands with.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Most probably just an average basketball joe that took him down. If that's the case, will you spit on THE "commando captain"?:biggrin:

Since he's my cousin's friend, I won't spit on him of course. I'd help him up and end the fight. But I'd still like to shake hands with the guy who grounded him.