• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

JB Food

Johorkaki

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Johorkaki,

Your blog is interesting and informative. Keep it up. By the way, do give a try on the noodles with abalone slices at the junction of Jalan Tun Abdul Razak and Jalan Kebun Teh Lama (GPS: 1.477658°N, 103.753443°E) They are open from 7.30am to about 4pm on Mondays to Saturdays and to about 1pm on Sundays. Cheers.

Hi Winners, thanks for compliment. Yes, I have tried the no name stall - it is good ;D
http://johorkaki.blogspot.com/2012/01/fish-soup-road-side-stall-off-jalan.html I will be most appreciative if you could also recommend other eateries that you like ;D

Johorkaki

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks RedsYNWA, thank you and am glad that you find the information useful. I agree with you and will be coming up with restaurant recommendations ;D
Hi Johorkaki, I tried some of your recommendations yesterday night. V good! I noticed your blog is entirely devoted to hawker stalls and coffee shops. How about gd restaurants in JB? Any recommendations? Thanks.

Johorkaki

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is this the Chua Kee from Taman Perling?
Just had seafood at Gelang Patah, at a restaurant called "New Chua Kee Restaurant". The salted egg crabs, pumpkin-yam prawns, special sauce grilled chicken wings were delicious!

Mainly frequented by JB plated cars but around 20% were SG cars. Heard that they separated from "Chua Kee Restaurant" after siblings quarrel. Enjoy!

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quote: Yonglip -
Tried the newly opened Yi Pin Guo steamboat at Nusa Bestari (same stretch as Tok Mama) after friend's recommendation. Must say its really really nice. Nice food and ambience for whole family. Will be going again this Sat with Kids!...

Cheers.

Just went for lunch on cool rainy day.
English Name of shop is Nice to Share.
Mon - Fri:
30% discount 11am - 3pm 10% Discount 5pm - 10pm
Sat Sun PH not sure if there is discount of 10%

Besides hot pot, they do serve western food (chicken chop, calamari etc) and also fried rice, fried noodle.

I find the sambal very fragrant, that was served with 2 other sauce when we order the hot pot set.
No Ma La Soup here, I like Ma La.

Place is still clean, I did not sight the ubiquitous house fly while I was there. :biggrin:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is this the Chua Kee from Taman Perling?

Not sure abt that, but I heard Chua Kee has been in Gelang Patah for a long time. Now apparently, there's 2 Chua Kee. The original "Chua Kee" & "New Chua Kee" both in Gelang Patah area. The "New Chua Kee" location is inferior to the original Chua Kee. But I heard "New Chua Kee" tastes much better.......haha

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Winners, thanks for compliment. Yes, I have tried the no name stall - it is good ;D
http://johorkaki.blogspot.com/2012/01/fish-soup-road-side-stall-off-jalan.html I will be most appreciative if you could also recommend other eateries that you like ;D

Hi JohorKaki,

Wonder if you have tried the curry laksa in the coffee shop along Jalan Harimau Tarom. Forgot the name of the coffee shop, but it's just next to the PANASHOP (selling all PANASONIC appliances) and you won't miss it if you go slow. Usually, their RM5 curry laksa is sold out by about 2.30pm on weekdays. Their curry is very lemak in taste.

For curry puff, I would like to recommend June's Curry Puff inside the coffee shop at 53 Jalan Kuning (Taman Pelangi). They will usually sell out by 3.30pm. At RM1.20 each, buy 10 get 1 free.

There is also the JUSTART shop at 48 Jalan Perang, also in Taman Pelangi. They sell nothing but all kinds of Tarts. Their regular egg tart at RM1.60 each tastes delicious. They also have a branch at #B1-K26 in Bugis Junction. It closes at 7pm.

Finally, I would also recommend the Yardley Pastry at 161 Jalan Sri Pelangi. Their pastries and cake rolls are fresh and tasty albeit a little high in price. Operating hours from 9.30am to 7pm, closed on Wednesdays. They also have a website: http://yardleypastry.blogspot.com

That's all for now.

Last edited:

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just visited this Italian Restaurant near Pelangi.
Very nice stuffed chicken. The mashed potato also shiok.
Price on high side but can go for their set lunch around Rm 25 - 28 ++ (even during weekends). :p

Gianni's Trattoria

Read more at link

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, there's a few nice restaurants at Pelangi. Chez Papa (French bistro) and 味彩 (Jap) are my fav picks for Pelangi.....

Johorkaki

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you so much winners. I have noted all your recommendations down.

Is this the laksa that you are refering to? http://johorkaki.blogspot.com/2012/01/laksa-restoran-yew-swee-in-taman.html

Hi JohorKaki,

Wonder if you have tried the curry laksa in the coffee shop along Jalan Harimau Tarom. Forgot the name of the coffee shop, but it's just next to the PANASHOP (selling all PANASONIC appliances) and you won't miss it if you go slow. Usually, their RM5 curry laksa is sold out by about 2.30pm on weekdays. Their curry is very lemak in taste.

For curry puff, I would like to recommend June's Curry Puff inside the coffee shop at 53 Jalan Kuning (Taman Pelangi). They will usually sell out by 3.30pm. At RM1.20 each, buy 10 get 1 free.

There is also the JUSTART shop at 48 Jalan Perang, also in Taman Pelangi. They sell nothing but all kinds of Tarts. Their regular egg tart at RM1.60 each tastes delicious. They also have a branch at #B1-K26 in Bugis Junction. It closes at 7pm.

Finally, I would also recommend the Yardley Pastry at 161 Jalan Sri Pelangi. Their pastries and cake rolls are fresh and tasty albeit a little high in price. Operating hours from 9.30am to 7pm, closed on Wednesdays. They also have a website: http://yardleypastry.blogspot.com

That's all for now.

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone tried the rather new restaurant SweetWater?

No. 116 Jalan Serampang, Taman Pelangi, Johor

Open by same boss and chef of Gianni.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone tried the rather new restaurant SweetWater?

No. 116 Jalan Serampang, Taman Pelangi, Johor

Open by same boss and chef of Gianni.

Yes I have tried it before. It's not bad but like Gianni, the prices are not exactly cheap. Now that u said it, the restaurant does reminds me of Gianni. Haha

groober2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Durians

Since the durian season is approaching, I hope bros here who frequent MY will pass good lobangs for us. Thanks.:smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Re: Durians

Near Sutera mall, there is a plant nursery (on the way to Nusa Bestari). They do have lots of durians there. Allows you to buy and on the spot sit down and eat as well.