• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

JB Food

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Remember i went to pulai to cheong 山 2 wks ago.. no choice got to stop at burger king heading towards kl highway, bcos my wtm shop closed, and discovered that this The Boss breakfast v yummy n hot, but coffee u shd know not nice one..
Better than mcd bf..can give a try..:o

Movingaway

Alfrescian
Loyal
please avoid 大同 vegetarian restaurant at TUTA. price increased and was expecting similar quantity/quantity. but no, to my horror quality dropped and I am not interested in the quantity.

Sagitarius

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will be spending 4 days in Austin Heights in December with my family...any recommendations for good food around that area?

Ah! Food tastes better with your family....but so true for one man's meat is another man's poison. My own haunt for reasonably good food - so-called fine dining is Pekin Restaurant. There are three outlets in the vicinity of Johor Jaya Area. But I like the one at Sutera Mall the most, although it may be a little further away from Austin Heights. Then there are always crowded Orang Asli Restaurant at Perling, Permas Jaya Seafood Village where fishes are lined beautifully on the ice-box, Senibong Seafood Restaurant, Todak Restaurant in Telok Tawa area (note: there are many seafood restaurant, this one is at the right)....Nearer to Austin Heights we used to take our lunch at Meng Meng (famous for its well-cooked duck). And the whole row where this restaurant is located, you can see so many others which I have yet to try. Recently we found out that for a quiet family dinner there is a fine-food restaurant at Wen Hua 文华楼 (better to reserve) in Molek area near to the Johor Jaya Police Station. I trust you could google for the locations of these restaurants.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah! Food tastes better with your family....but so true for one man's meat is another man's poison. My own haunt for reasonably good food - so-called fine dining is Pekin Restaurant. There are three outlets in the vicinity of Johor Jaya Area. But I like the one at Sutera Mall the most, although it may be a little further away from Austin Heights. Then there are always crowded Orang Asli Restaurant at Perling, Permas Jaya Seafood Village where fishes are lined beautifully on the ice-box, Senibong Seafood Restaurant, Todak Restaurant in Telok Tawa area (note: there are many seafood restaurant, this one is at the right)....Nearer to Austin Heights we used to take our lunch at Meng Meng (famous for its well-cooked duck). And the whole row where this restaurant is located, you can see so many others which I have yet to try. Recently we found out that for a quiet family dinner there is a fine-food restaurant at Wen Hua 文华楼 (better to reserve) in Molek area near to the Johor Jaya Police Station. I trust you could google for the locations of these restaurants.

Nice list.......for upmarket Japanese grill, try Tanba at the new row of shops diagonally opposite to UOB Ponderosa. Cost me RM336 for 4 pax yesterday! Gd quality jap grill though......

For gd & cheap steamboat, try 好一 which is further down Tanba along the same stretch of road. Can get your steamboat fix for around RM100 for 4 pax.

Sagitarius

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nice list.......for upmarket Japanese grill, try Tanba at the new row of shops diagonally opposite to UOB Ponderosa. Cost me RM336 for 4 pax yesterday! Gd quality jap grill though......

For gd & cheap steamboat, try 好一 which is further down Tanba along the same stretch of road. Can get your steamboat fix for around RM100 for 4 pax.

Thanks RedsYNWA...my own taste of Japanese food is sushi, but recently we visited Mori in Permas Jaya. Supposedly good, the bill for five of us came to around RM360. I know for sure that here they serve the genuine wasabi - hot and explodes at the nose!

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks RedsYNWA...my own taste of Japanese food is sushi, but recently we visited Mori in Permas Jaya. Supposedly good, the bill for five of us came to around RM360. I know for sure that here they serve the genuine wasabi - hot and explodes at the nose!

In Permas, I always go Nijyumaru. Never try Mori before.....should try it some day! I also like Ah Sheng Lok Lok! haha......

http://princess-neverland.blogspot.sg/2014/10/nijyumaru-japanese-restaurant-permas.html

http://angelangelfoo.pixnet.net/blog/post/161748515-阿胜碌碌@permas-jaya

Sagitarius

Alfrescian
Loyal
Both Nijyumaru and Ah Sheng looks good, will try them one day.... But asked, I would prefer Malaysian food. So if we were to go to Mori again, hehehe, I would stagger into Soon Cafe, just a few steps away. Soon Cafe sells all kinds of Malaysian food and its chicken is marvellous. Called "wen-chang ci" I once thought it was air-flown from Hainan. But no, it's local, alright and its lei-cha is also good.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Prata is indeed value for money in MY land. I especially enjoy the prata @ E&Y in Adda Heights. Very fluffy, almost impossible to find in SG and not oily. The best part is the price, RM0.90, less than SG0.40 which can't buy you anything in SG.
Discovered one mobile van selling indian prata besides a shop corner. Thin and crispy..2 x kosong pratas plus 1x kopi gao gao. Damaged rm3.50.:biggrin:

Yummy, dun say i din tell...:p

At:
Jalan Rotan Ria 81750 Masai,Johor, Malaysia

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
Discovered one mobile van selling indian prata besides a shop corner. Thin and crispy..2 x kosong pratas plus 1x kopi gao gao. Damaged rm3.50.:biggrin:

Yummy, dun say i din tell...:p

At:
Jalan Rotan Ria 81750 Masai,Johor, Malaysia

Thanks for the lead. If I happen to pass Masai, I will give it a try; but what's in Masai that brought you there? Btw, I would have to pay RM3.20 for 2xroti+1xteh tarik/kopi in E&Y :-).

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the lead. If I happen to pass Masai, I will give it a try; but what's in Masai that brought you there? Btw, I would have to pay RM3.20 for 2xroti+1xteh tarik/kopi in E&Y :-).

actually, i went there to makan the kuay tiao mee, just few shops away (from the prata van). have to wait for 1/2 hr...
so went jalan jalan..., then found this prata and ended up 2nd breakfast after the KTM..:biggrin:

Last edited:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

LOL! If you ask me, it is where all the fastfood outlets are gathered within walking distance, other than in a big shopping mall. Near the Seri Alam sales gallery you have BK, Mac, Subway, KFC, Pizza Hut, Mary Brown. Almost one for every day of the week, take one day off to eat home cooked food. LOL!

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyone visited teochew chendul at city square mall?

15915047418_a3b215848e_b.jpg

15916728897_56d6ef3f74_b.jpg

15916729277_04cddd17f9_b.jpg

chengdul

16076697666_382d745f0b_b.jpg

The assam laksa is another signature dish

16102470045_a61e71c807_b.jpg

It looks like friend chicken but it's actually some type of fried carrot cake thing

15482797643_979d88a022_b.jpg

This dish is known as mee jakwa

15916391609_47fdf2fa3c_b.jpg

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
UOTE=dare2;2080867]....must have damage their stomach eating so much at fraction of SG prices.....hahha[/QUOTE]

City square stuff are ex and it is like eating in Singapore. It nothing cheap.

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
better if spoken with personal experiences rather than from ignorance

my neighbour has not step out beyond woodlands or tuas, always seem speaks like an expert about jb or johor in the coffeeshop.