Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 450

Thread: JB Food

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    24
    My Reputation Points: 10 / Power: 0

    Default Re: JB Food

    For Dim sum..

    I strongly recommend this shop..usually the locals go there..cheap and good..

    better than a lot of those in Johor jaya

    http://www.hungryrick.blogspot.com/2...-post_862.html

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    70
    My Reputation Points: 6 / Power: 0

    Default Re: JB Food

    Hi Folks, Any places around Nusajaya that serve vegetarian meals? veg Mock meats/ Indian Vegetarian e.t.c?

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    24
    My Reputation Points: 10 / Power: 0

    Default Re: JB Food

    Quote Originally Posted by Ash007 View Post
    Oh there is a nice nasi lemak/otah place near Pelangi I think. Opposite some old abandoned mall. Any bro here still know if these food place still exist?
    I think you are referring to Storia Cafe? selling nasi lemak and Otak Otak, its not at Pelangi..
    Its behind a abandon mall call pacific Mall i think..right beside the 1st shell after the new CIQ

    http://spicyjohor.blogspot.com/2011/...breakfast.html

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    24
    My Reputation Points: 10 / Power: 0

    Default Re: JB Food

    For those who dare to try something different...claypot catfish...and huang jiu ji

    http://hungryrick.blogspot.com/search/label/Catfish

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    North by North West of Singapore
    Posts
    6,567
    My Reputation Points: 100122 / Power: 10

    Default Re: JB Food

    For vegetarian meals,there is some around the Bukit Indah area (near MacDonalds), for a pretty nice one, there is one in Tampoi (behind the large lighting store)

    Will update more when i am back as i am travelling right now

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    9,886
    My Reputation Points: 1916 / Power: 9

    Default Re: JB Food

    Quote Originally Posted by scroobal View Post
    I remember years ago eating wildboar meat in a JB shop noted for exotic meats. Anyone can remember the location?
    Many place sell wild boar meat because there is just too many wild boar in Johore state. Just need to ask around. Ask those small hawker mostly will know.
    Save the Earth

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    16
    My Reputation Points: 12 / Power: 0

    Default Re: JB Food

    Can bros here recommend good place to go (near bukit indah) for Chinese New Year Eve reunion dinner?

    I have just asked the Pekin restaurant at Sutera mall, and found all their tables for the 5pm and 8pm time slots are completely booked. Only the ones at 1pm slot are available for booking but that would be too early for reunion "Dinner".

    Any recommendations?

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    24
    My Reputation Points: 10 / Power: 0

    Default Re: JB Food

    There is a restuarant, that just set up their branch at horizon hills its call cathay restuarant..has been receiving rave reviews for their signature black pepper pig trotter..here is their link

    www.cathay-restaurant.com

    for other food reviews..can read my blog... www.hungryrick.blogspot.com

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    306
    My Reputation Points: 72 / Power: 6

    Default Re: JB Food

    Try Cathay Restaurant at HOrizon Hills ClubHouse or Chef Wah next to Habib . Hopefully they are still available .
    Get Real !

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    11,995
    My Reputation Points: 1881 / Power: 8

    Default Re: JB Food

    Quote Originally Posted by markhida22 View Post
    Can bros here recommend good place to go (near bukit indah) for Chinese New Year Eve reunion dinner?

    I have just asked the Pekin restaurant at Sutera mall, and found all their tables for the 5pm and 8pm time slots are completely booked. Only the ones at 1pm slot are available for booking but that would be too early for reunion "Dinner".

    Any recommendations?
    You can try the new Chinese restaurant located in the orange boxy building opposite Bukit Indah Jusco. Just next to Hotal Granada and McDonald. The name is Shi Li Fang. I have not tried before, but the place looks classy from the facebook photos, should be in the same league as Pekin restaurant at Sutera mall.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/ShiLiFang/146312035424847

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    25
    My Reputation Points: 14 / Power: 0

    Default Re: JB Food

    hi bros and sis,

    anyone know where got mak mak stall selling telur ikan? ( fried fish eggs ). tried it at nasi kayu in Petaling Jaya and it's really nice.. dunno if JB have anot.

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,761
    My Reputation Points: 382 / Power: 6

    Default Re: JB Food

    Quote Originally Posted by ginfreely View Post
    You can try the new Chinese restaurant located in the orange boxy building opposite Bukit Indah Jusco. Just next to Hotal Granada and McDonald. The name is Shi Li Fang. I have not tried before, but the place looks classy from the facebook photos, should be in the same league as Pekin restaurant at Sutera mall.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/ShiLiFang/146312035424847
    I just tried it yesterday! Was at a Setia function. It's honestly quite good. My CEO liked it a lot but for me, I still prefer Pekin & New Straits Garden. Hehe...

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    24
    My Reputation Points: 10 / Power: 0

    Default Re: JB Food

    For the Seafood lovers...Just went down with my friends to try Tai Son at The ZOn

    http://www.hungryrick.blogspot.com/2...afood-zon.html

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    24
    My Reputation Points: 10 / Power: 0

    Default Re: JB Food

    If u like the blog..please help me like the PAGE on facebook..many thanks

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hungry...13062935447013

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,761
    My Reputation Points: 382 / Power: 6

    Default Re: JB Food

    Some places where I enjoy the food a lot, just for sharing:-

    Permas Jaya: 二重丸 (Jap restaurant also located near Sutera mall),Ah Sheng Lok Lok
    Molek: Modern Revelations (Taiwanese-Jap steamboat), Tutti Frutti (Yogurt)
    Pelangi: Chez Papa (French food), 味彩 (Jap food)
    Johor Jaya: Ah Meng roasted duck, 家家乐苦瓜汤

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,600
    My Reputation Points: 144 / Power: 6

    Default Re: JB Food

    Quote Originally Posted by RedsYNWA View Post
    Some places where I enjoy the food a lot, just for sharing:-

    Permas Jaya: 二重丸 (Jap restaurant also located near Sutera mall),Ah Sheng Lok Lok
    Molek: Modern Revelations (Taiwanese-Jap steamboat), Tutti Frutti (Yogurt)
    Pelangi: Chez Papa (French food), 味彩 (Jap food)
    Johor Jaya: Ah Meng roasted duck, 家家乐苦瓜汤
    went 家家乐苦瓜汤 a few times ,the food is not bad but portion is pathetic . always feel that have not eaten even after our meals , ends up have to go other place to eat again , hahaha

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    6,616
    My Reputation Points: 369 / Power: 8

    Default Re: JB Food

    Anyone know if the corner shop in Taman Sentosa still have that 药材鸡?

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    24
    My Reputation Points: 10 / Power: 0

    Default Re: JB Food

    http://hungryrick.blogspot.com/2011/...post_3040.html

    For those who are into coffee...this is a great specialty cafe in Taman molek, great place to relax while waiting for wife to finish shopping..free wifi etc...

    enjoy!

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    24
    My Reputation Points: 10 / Power: 0

    Default Re: JB Food

    Quote Originally Posted by Ash007 View Post
    Anyone know if the corner shop in Taman Sentosa still have that 药材鸡?
    its is still there...the green colour shop is called Zhu Lin, or Bamboo restaurant, I sugguest u try the restuarant beside it..Teck Sing..their chicken is much better now..bamboo i heard had been sold away..to a new boss..thats standard cannot make it

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    24
    My Reputation Points: 10 / Power: 0

    Default Re: JB Food

    Quote Originally Posted by crystal_tiong View Post
    went 家家乐苦瓜汤 a few times ,the food is not bad but portion is pathetic . always feel that have not eaten even after our meals , ends up have to go other place to eat again , hahaha
    forget about Kah Kah lok..if u want to try something better ..and more adventurous..try this one..much better than the FAST FOOD STYLE KAH KAH LOK in my opinion.

    http://hungryrick.blogspot.com/2011/12/perling.html

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 15-05-2012, 03:39 AM
  2. disgraceful food blogger demand free food from restaurant
    By BusNo64 in forum The Courtyard Café
    Replies: 109
    Last Post: 27-08-2010, 04:57 PM
  3. YOG dog food vs Beijing Olympics Volunteer Food
    By Teo Kok Eng in forum The Courtyard Café
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 19-08-2010, 09:52 AM
  4. Food courts and coffee shops food more and more fcuked up !
    By Watchman in forum The Courtyard Café
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 04-04-2010, 05:00 PM
  5. My food portions getting smaller at the larger food court
    By makapaaa in forum The Courtyard Café
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 20-05-2009, 08:00 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •