• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

JB Food

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Had dinner last night at Ichi Zen Japanese Restaurant, one of the eateries outside Sutera Mall.

Food is sedap!

BTW, new multi-storey carpart at Sutera Mall is opened. Bright and big.

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for sharing. Will visit Sutera Mall next week by CW3. Any other food recommendations?

Had dinner last night at Ichi Zen Japanese Restaurant, one of the eateries outside Sutera Mall.

Food is sedap!

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think no public transport go to Taman Mount Austin, so will give it a miss.
There is a shop at Toa Payoh Central along the $10 hair cut shop selling something a little bit similar to one of the desserts shown.
It comes in a cup/bowl with some scoops of tau huey and grass jelly, topped with sweetened red beans, green beans and another item which I have forgotten. It sells for $2 each cup. I think it's a franchise shop from Taiwan.

Moshi Moshi Dessert at Taman Mount Austin. Ice cream portions are generous.

Featured here as well http://johorkaki.blogspot.sg/2013/03/moshi-moshi-dessert-and-tea-in-taman.html

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal

Food is sedap!

Multi storey carpark ? That's great news. Parking over there has always been a headache.
Hopefully it's not too far away from the shops

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Multi storey carpark ? That's great news. Parking over there has always been a headache.
Hopefully it's not too far away from the shops

Just beside the mall. I went in yesterday for lunch at the Peking duck restaurant. Service was good and food was delicious. Price not sure because it was a treat! :biggrin:

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cedar Food centre

Hi guys, just pass by Cedar Point Food centre near JB town. It is beside hotel Grand Paragon. Anyone to recommend any good food ?

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
No more free parking at sutera mall, unless you park farther away.
I think Malls that charge patrons to park their cars should be avoided. You go to the Mall to shop, yet you have to pay to park your car in order to shop/ spend money at the Mall?? To top it you park the car in the HOT Sun......
It is fair if it's a Multi Story Car Park or better yet like IMM, 1st 3 hours are free, after which you pay a token sum! After all most people who are there under 3 hours go to shop/spend money therefore should not be penalize. Those who park longer than 3 hours, probably are not shopping BUT are leaving the car there to go on to to something else. It would then be equitable that they pay for the length of their stay/parking at the parking space.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
We were at the Espresso Garage in Puteri Harbour yesterday. The Cappuccinos were excellent. They also serve Wines by the glass and Craft Beers. For food, they serve Paninis, Baguette Sandwiches and Salads. Of course, cakes and pastries. They are adding slowly to their food menu as well. Cappuccinos were RM12 and Baguette Sandwiches where RM25-30, well worth the money as the serving sizes were very generous, with fresh and tasty ingredients.

The place is easy to miss as the entrance is behind an escalator just in front of the exit to mall from Traders Hotel lobby. They have both indoor airconditioned seating and outside seating on the terrace facing the marina. Some of the marina views were blocked by trees, but still, great peaceful atmosphere to relax and have a cup of coffee or a glass of wine. Moreover, the place is personally run by the Aussie owners and they make sure that the food and service are top notch.

Last edited:

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
We were at the Espresso Garage in Puteri Harbour yesterday. The Cappuccinos were excellent. They also serve Wines by the glass and Craft Beers. For food, they serve Paninis, Baguette Sandwiches and Salads. Of course, cakes and pastries. They are adding slowly to their food menu as well. Cappuccinos were RM12 and Baguette Sandwiches where RM25-30, well worth the money as the serving sizes were very generous, with fresh and tasty ingredients.

The place is easy to miss as the entrance is behind an escalator just in front of the exit to mall from Traders Hotel lobby. They have both indoor airconditioned seating and outside seating on the terrace facing the marina. Some of the marina views were blocked by trees, but still, great peaceful atmosphere to relax and have a cup of coffee or a glass of wine. Moreover, the place is personally run by the Aussie owners and they make sure that the food and service are top notch.

I think if you can afford a Rm30 Sandwiches, you are not BAD at all. It like Singapore's standard pricing and maybe more expensive a bit.

Last edited:

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think if you can afford a Rm30 Sandwiches, you are not BAD at all. It like Singapore's standard pricing and maybe more expensive a bit.

Appreciate the compliment! Thanks!

You may want to compare what you get in Singapore for around SGD 11.50, in a similar setting. They are generally half the size and 1/4 ingredients. Anyway, I have no personal interest in the café. Just made note for those who have the appreciation for the kind of food and drinks they serve. Of course, it is not suitable for everyone.

Last edited:

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Appreciate the compliment! Thanks!

You may want to compare what you get in Singapore for around SGD 11.50, in a similar setting. They are generally half the size and 1/4 ingredients. Anyway, I have no personal interest in the café. Just made note for those who have the appreciation for the kind of food and drinks they serve. Of course, it is not suitable for everyone.

Add another RM80, you can get to enjoy a nice buffet at Trader Hotel. Anyway, i quite like the setting and atmosphere. The only thing i don't like is too quiet at the dead of the night.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
The following F&B outlets are more or less confirmed at Puteri Harbour, same row as Olive and Brussels:

- Piedra Negra (Mexican)
- Nusa (Indonesian)
- Khou Thai
- New Zealand Unlimited (Fine Dining)
- Magnum Sports Bar (Renovation in Full Swing, next to the Tobacco place, should open soon)
- The Rouge Wine Lounge
- The Whiskey Bar

- Spice and Grill (First Floor)

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
The following F&B outlets are more or less confirmed at Puteri Harbour, same row as Olive and Brussels:

- Piedra Negra (Mexican)
- Nusa (Indonesian)
- Khou Thai
- New Zealand Unlimited (Fine Dining)
- Magnum Sports Bar (Renovation in Full Swing, next to the Tobacco place, should open soon)
- The Rouge Wine Lounge
- The Whiskey Bar

- Spice and Grill (First Floor)

Opening the outlets is one thing . Sustaining the outlets for more than a year is another. :smile:

In vibrant BI and Bestari, outlets open and close within a year like nobody's business. It is the same story at Medini too. :smile: