• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

JB Food

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Mao San Wang aka A guide to durians

Mao sang Wang is well known marketing term for durian lovers and is well known for its texture as well as taste. Share your love for it here. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Re: Mao San Wang aka A guide to durians

In a certain part of gelang path are lots of durian trees and if one is so inclined, one can even go there around 6am to pick up some during the durian season. There are actually places in Perling market that sells as well as one enroute to Sutera mall using the road from Nusa Bestari. Do choose to eat there if they have such tables as you can complain straightaway if the fruits are bad. Found a place that sells live chicken and fruits, near the Gelang path factories and industrial area

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember years ago eating wildboar meat in a JB shop noted for exotic meats. Anyone can remember the location?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pelangi there is a famous 'Bak Kut Teh' which supposedly all the mini celebrities frequent.....i have seen taiwanese 'big white shark' and local Tan Kim Lang eating there....but i dun fancy it as its the herbal version.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lao pak sat hawker centre at Jalan Ah fook. Moved to a carpark in front of indian temple at night. Not sure still there or not. Opposite got a JB laksa shop, corner shop. across in of the alley way there is a wanton noddle shop. Not sure if all still exist to this day or not. I haven't to JB longer then I've been back to Johor. Oh there is a nice nasi lemak/otah place near Pelangi I think. Opposite some old abandoned mall. Any bro here still know if these food place still exist?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I am not sure of this place but you can get babi hitam at Perling wet market at times. :wink:

Last edited:

maxpark

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think I know which stall near Sutera Mall you referring to. Will check it next time there, thanks!

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Taman Sentosa there has alot of nice food e.g bak Kut Teh,Seafood...
Normally crowded during weekends

Near Sutera mall, there is one Bak Kut Teh near the Suan Bee Hotel, opens until 2am.
There is another bak kut teh behind this row, not bad too. The wanton mee also in the row behind(near Kingston hotel)
is delicious especially the fried wanton :smile:

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
I tried out 2 Bak Kut Teh stalls . One is in a coffeeshop directly opposite KSL Mall. The Bak Kut is not tender enough though tastes ok. Not that cheap either. But the Pig Trotters is very well done and cheap :smile: Place is well patronised by locals.

Another one is the stall beside Old Town Coffee along Bestari. This one is better in taste and the soup is really peppery. About 9 RM per bowl.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

i once thought 猫山王 was the creme of the crop for durians...until i tried another species - 金凤眼 or something like that...small seed, creamy...heavenly...

rare to find & more ex than 猫山王