• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

JB Food

beegs

Alfrescian
Loyal
any bros or sisters able to show me the way from jb causeway to pelangi leisure mall and to orang asli resturants
thks

Sagitarius

Alfrescian
Loyal
any bros or sisters able to show me the way from jb causeway to pelangi leisure mall and to orang asli resturants
thks

Hi Beegs, if you are referring to the seafood restaurant called Restaurant Todak, here is a blog with a location map. If you are referring to the Jalan Pering one, here is another blog http://neutea.blogspot.sg/2014/04/orang-asli-seafood-restaurants-at.html. Between the two, the preference is for the former, which is very crowded during the weekends.

Sagitarius

Alfrescian
Loyal
Restoran Wen Hua
2 & 4 Jalan Molek 1/9
Taman Molek
Tel: 07-355 4889

We wanted to have a dinner at New Cathay Restaurant in Taman Molek on Sunday night. The facade shows that it is big and grand and there was a large free car park with a guard at the Gate. Surprisingly we did not see many cars and we walked to the restaurant apprehensively. At the see-through door, we see empty tables and we thought this is not the same as the one in Kulai which was crowded even during lunch time. So we left and went searching. We found Wen Hua which was crowded with diners waiting for their food.

The two of us ordered a plate of prawn mayonnaise with mango, Zhengjia-pork ribs and 4 'heavenly king' (4 kinds of vegetables). Although we ordered small plates, the portions were generous especially the pork ribs which was soft, right sweetness and tasty. The fresh prawns, covered with a little spicy flour (?), were fresh and crunchy - good. And the four vegetables cooked with belachan was superb.

The bill came to around RM91 with the towel, nuts and rice....We are thinking of going there again.

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Restoran Wen Hua
2 & 4 Jalan Molek 1/9
Taman Molek

We wanted to have a dinner at New Cathay Restaurant in Taman Molek on Sunday night. The facade shows that it is big and grand and there was a large free car park with a guard at the Gate. Surprisingly we did not see many cars and we walked to the restaurant apprehensively. At the see-through door, we see empty tables and we thought this is not the same as the one in Kulai which was crowded even during lunch time. So we left and went searching. We found Wen Hua which was crowded with diners waiting for their food.

The two of us ordered a plate of prawn mayonnaise with mango, Zhengjia-pork ribs and 4 'heavenly king' (4 kinds of vegetables). Although we ordered small plates, the portions were generous especially the pork ribs which was soft, right sweetness and tasty. The fresh prawns, covered with a little spicy flour (?), were fresh and crunchy - good. And the four vegetables cooked with belachan was superb.

The bill came to around RM91 with the towel, nuts and rice....We are thinking of going there again.

Nowadays ,JB has a lot of empty restaurants.

My family went to Yews Cafe at Perling. There was no one inside except the waitresses.

It was a Sunday, a public holiday and lunch time. Anyway, we were the only diners there till we left.

Food does not disappoint though a little pricey.

Times are rather bad for JB businesses.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nowadays ,JB has a lot of empty restaurants.

My family went to Yews Cafe at Perling. There was no one inside except the waitresses.

It was a Sunday, a public holiday and lunch time. Anyway, we were the only diners there till we left.

Food does not disappoint though a little pricey.

Times are rather bad for JB businesses.

This is definitely a bad mistake by Johor to raise the toll in retaliation for Singapore raising the levy on J-plate car to equalise the cost of COE in Singapore.

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is definitely a bad mistake by Johor to raise the toll in retaliation for Singapore raising the levy on J-plate car to equalise the cost of COE in Singapore.

malaysia actually took this advantage to collect "toll" for EDL to cut loss to indirectly pay fees to road builder.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Restoran Wen Hua
2 & 4 Jalan Molek 1/9
Taman Molek

The food at Wen Hua Lou is quite gd and they have some unique dishes, just that I find Pekin Restaurant is slightly better at similar price pt. Try their fried beancurd next time. It's yummy!

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporeans very keen to help our johorian brothers and sisters by spending money there, day and night. But the obstacles along the way make us felt unwelcomed.
The 2 ciq were very quiet yesterday, a public holiday.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporeans very keen to help our johorian brothers and sisters by spending money there, day and night. But the obstacles along the way make us felt unwelcomed.
The 2 ciq were very quiet yesterday, a public holiday.

U need to go through the jams more often to understand y CIQ were 'quiet'. Bro Potter can help u understand more.. hee

destansooming

Alfrescian
Loyal
The chinese restaurant opposite skyloft is have hairy crab at rm 19.90 each ,yum yum....
It really take patient to eat this small little thing.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
The chinese restaurant opposite skyloft is have hairy crab at rm 19.90 each ,yum yum....
It really take patient to eat this small little thing.

I gave up after trying two hairy crabs. Too much hassle for too little meat and roe. Might as well eat the Sri Lanka crab.

Sagitarius

Alfrescian
Loyal
I gave up after trying two hairy crabs. Too much hassle for too little meat and roe. Might as well eat the Sri Lanka crab.

I fully agree, but in JB any restaurant selling Sri Lanka crabs?

For cheap breakfast I came across the Fu Rong Coffee (Johor Jaya) shop selling prata, prepared by two Chinese ladies. This appears to be the most popular breakfast here. Good and cheap!

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I fully agree, but in JB any restaurant selling Sri Lanka crabs?

For cheap breakfast I came across the Fu Rong Coffee (Johor Jaya) shop selling prata, prepared by two Chinese ladies. This appears to be the most popular breakfast here. Good and cheap!

Either the ladies or the pratas are attractive.

I don't eat crabs outside my house as it is messy to pry open the shells, so I don't specially look out for crabs in JB.

In terms of my crab taste, the skinnier n softer blue crabs are the nicest but the Sri Lanka crabs offer most meat.

Sagitarius

Alfrescian
Loyal
Either the ladies or the pratas are attractive.
Haha! Both are, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, but frankly it is better than those Indian pratas, crispy and less oily.

Ya, the softer blue crabs you mentioned may refer to flower crabs. They are not easily available in restaurants but we can buy them from wet markets. If fresh, its meat is crunchy and sweeter than Sri Lanka crabs, which I also like for its roe.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Better to eat sri lanka crabs in sg. Toa payoh kopi shop crab crab fresh n good. Jb crabs no meat n ex..

In jb, think better eat e prawn grandmother.

Btw, prata is v cheap in mly, but not sure e price of e prata w icecream..:p

Last edited:

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
Better to eat sri lanka crabs in sg. Toa payoh kopi shop crab crab fresh n good. Jb crabs no meat n ex..

In jb, think better eat e prawn grandmother.

Btw, prata is v cheap in mly, but not sure e price of e prata w icecream..:p

Prata is indeed value for money in MY land. I especially enjoy the prata @ E&Y in Adda Heights. Very fluffy, almost impossible to find in SG and not oily. The best part is the price, RM0.90, less than SG0.40 which can't buy you anything in SG.