• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Money will play a big part...

Throw money will be a factor.

I wonder Zone A will collapse?
:rolleyes:

If it falls, it will all fall down together.

Projects that are still on the drawing board and no signs of work that has commenced are the first ones to get thrown out of the window.

And, BTW, if they piss off Singapore, thats it. No more MRT link.

Last edited:

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
If there is a change in Government, no one is going to invest until 10 years later as to see if there's any reverse takeover after 2018. It means to say, Spore Government is not going to commit anything at all on any form of permanent cooperation. Like wise the Chinese will be dodging the bullets.

Singapore will have to make do with its own limited land and sky high prices. Iskandar will have to make do with its "too much underdeveloped land" wondering what do to next. In both ways, both are losers.

If it falls, it will all fall down together.

Projects that are still on the drawing board and no signs of work that has commenced are the first ones to get thrown out of the window.

And, BTW, if they piss off Singapore, thats it. No more MRT link.

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
"If it falls, it will all fall down together.

And, BTW, if they piss off Singapore, thats it. No more MRT link. "

if there is no more MRT link, then i really fear for zone A...

Last edited:
I really hope there is going to be a change of government. If stocks and properties fall as a result, so be it. I am as much vested in both as any of you, but I would like to see this current government kicked out. we cannot be so selfish for our own gains and sacrifice our kids future. Period. You are welcome to disagree.

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Pakatan take over the reins of putrajaya and anwar becomes PM all of BN linked companies like UEM land might roll back and abandon all their iskandar projects. Why let anwar take the credit should iskandar succeed. All the UEM projects like puteri harbour, gerbang nusajaya and medini will collapsed. Anwar already predicted that if BN loses they will made it hell for him and his coalition if he becomes PM.

If Anwar wins, I would watch my ass. lest he wants to play with my asshole.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chua: Bursa will plunge if PR wins

Building for the future: Dr Chua (third from right) performing the ground-breaking for a new MCA building in Jinjang Utara in Kepong. With him are (from right) MCA Young Professionals bureau chief Datuk Chua Tee Yong, deputy president Datuk Seri Liow Tiong Lai, Kepong MCA chairman Datuk Tan Kim Hor, Federal Territory MCA chairman Datuk Seri Tan Chai Ho and secretary-general Datuk Seri Kong Cho Ha.
KUALA LUMPUR: Bursa Malaysia will drop 500 points if Pakatan Rakyat wins the coming general election, said Datuk Seri Dr Chua Soi Lek.

The MCA president said any change in the government would bring political uncertainty and would have a direct impact on the national economy.

He said the impact of Pakatan Rakyat rule would be adversed as its dominant partner, PAS, had little or no interest in the economy.

He said PAS was bent on implementing its brand of hudud law and setting up an Islamic state.

“PAS has also mentioned that it will close Genting (Highlands) and the Bursa. All these will frighten investors, be they locals or foreigners,” he said after opening the 64th anniversary celebrations of the Federal Territory MCA here yesterday.

Dr Chua urged voters to assess the country's situation in a rational manner, taking into consideration its future before making a decision.

He said under the leadership of Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak, the national economy experienced an upward trend with foreign direct investments at RM34bil in 2011 against RM5bil in 2009.

Dr Chua, who is a member of the National Economic Council, said Pakatan's populist policy of pledging to abolish tolls and PTPTN loans, providing free education and a RM4,000 minimum monthly household income for 3.8 million families, would cost the government RM200bil a year.

“If and when this is implemented, it will bankrupt the country within two years,” he cautioned.

Dr Chua thanked Najib and his deputy Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin for the mutual recognition for 157 tertiary institutions in Taiwan and 121 tertiary institutions in Malaysia as announced by the Higher Education Ministry on Thursday.

“This has opened up more avenues for Chinese-educated students to further their studies and return home to serve the country,” he said.

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like election talk is hotting up...

Digression... Do u think s'pore's north coast innovation corridor will have spillover benefits for Iskandar? I'm just thinking that bringing jobs closer to the causeway may make those working there consider jb more seriously as a alternative place to stay.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyo dont worry that prices of house will drop if UMNO kena voted out in JB . Most of us buying as a 2nd home , plan b right ?
People should be more worry of the white paper target population of 7m , how does it effect on JB houses ? Hence if best people secure a house in JB now , prices up or down is secondary . I plan to pass down to next generation leh.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lets not kid ourselves. UEM which controls most of the land and projects in Iskandar area will see their share price down 90-99% if BN loses. Everyone knows UEM Land = UMNO .They drink coffee money together. If Capital Land and PAP are Cousins, UEM land and UMNO are twin brothers, not even brothers.

A drop to 10 cent in share price for UEM land is very possible from $1 or $2+ now. Its a bonus if they dont collapse.

Agree that price of UEM would drop. What is more likely to happen is govt control companies would be cleansed of UMNO cronies, beginning at the top management, and put in place PKR men or women, hopefully not PKR cronies. The new govt have to run the country well to stay in power. Existing economic development plans that make good sense would most likely be kept on course, minus or reduce the number of free loaders. It would be an economic disaster to renege on govt contracts and plans except one or two that might be clearly corrupt and without economic values. I think pragmatism would prevail if PKR wins.

Last edited:

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
May I know on what basis that Umno is full of cronies whereas other Governments don't have?
By associating oneself in the investments at Iskandar would mean that one is supporting cronism? If that is the case, then I am a supporter of crony too as I am a vested party in a project that is developed by a Government full of cronies. Interesting thoughts....full of conflicts...hypocritical...anyway...I am too old for politics.:biggrin:

Agree that price of UEM would drop. What is more likely to happen is govt control companies would be cleansed of UMNO cronies, beginning at the top management, and put in place PKR men or women, hopefully not PKR cronies. The new govt have to run the country well to stay in power. Existing economic development plans that make good sense would most likely be kept on course, minus or reduce the number of free loaders. It would be an economic disaster to renege on govt contracts and plans except one or two that might be clearly corrupt and without economic values. I think pragmatism would prevail if PKR wins.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would prefer Najib to continue to be in power. His administration has brought in RM34b worth of FDIs into Malaysia in 2011, compared to only RM5b in 2009. This is good news for Malaysia and also its people.

Let's face it, there will be corruption in every country. Sinkie Land is just Leegally corrupted, otherwise, why with the highest paid Ministerial salaries in this planet. What also about the recent discovery of the AIM case? And the mother of all is the forever delaying of the CPF withdrawal age, which you can't even see it now since you are forced to buy the CPF Life annuity.

At the end of the day, if the government of the country can and does bring in investments and progress to the country and its people, will a change in the administration worth the risk?

Last edited:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
May I know on what basis that Umno is full of cronies whereas other Governments don't have?
By associating oneself in the investments at Iskandar would mean that one is supporting cronism? If that is the case, then I am a supporter of crony too as I am a vested party in a project that is developed by a Government full of cronies. Interesting thoughts....full of conflicts...hypocritical...anyway...I am too old for politics.:biggrin:

Not taking side here. If we talk abt croonies, family interest, any diff if LIM ENG GUAN OR ANWAR come into power?

Hmm...tot tis discussion should go to Politic thread..

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
At the end of the day, if the government of the country can and does bring in investments and progress to the country and its people, will a change in the administration worth the risk?

Well said. Juz look at Indonesia...Suharto downfall. Reformasi? Monkey see monkey do. Anwar oso told his supporters to throw present govt out in the name of reformasi years back. So now SBY the President. Any great improvement in the govt, lives of the indonesian ppl? Croonies, corruption still rampant. Look at the unemployment rate, the fall of the rupiah. So if one were to look at history and compare em now, dont u tink life is much better during Suharto time than present state? Juz my opinion...

Anyway is up to msians to decide come their GE. Tink sinkies like us have a handful problem leow with our ruling party super ambitious plan in having 6.9million population come 2030. Freezing our CPF withdrawal till 65. Rising prices of HDB flats, Medical costs, tpt cost, inflation, cost of living, etc etc etc...all heading North..except our salaries...

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro Funniman, I think no one is too old for politics. Politics is of much importance and matter of good life and bright future the other way round for a country and its people.

I may not be right but it is very plausible to believe that one has to have good relation with UMNO if one wants to be given plum job in govt control companies or bodies. At the very least one is not an opposition supporter. I am just suggesting what i think are likely to happen if there is a change in govt. In the past, even a change of UMNO leadership could cause a change of top management in govt control companies.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro sgtsk, I am aware of politics only as any changes it going to hurt my nest eggs and investments. Perhaps it is useful to note that having a good relationship with anyone only open the door for an opportunity to get in. How you make it depends very much on how you perform and how you uphold your principles in deliverance.
And to get to the level of being recognized to have the ability to have a good relationship take a lot of time working from scratch. Opportunities do not simply fall on your lap.

But no worries, we are here to talk about investment and hope to make money from it. Politics can take a back seat....I am just a commoner to have any drastic effect.

Bro Funniman, I think no one is too old for politics. Politics is of much importance and matter of good life and bright future the other way round for a country and its people.

I may not be right but it is very plausible to believe that one has to have good relation with UMNO if one wants to be given plum job in govt control companies or bodies. At the very least one is not an opposition supporter. I am just suggesting what i think are likely to happen if there is a change in govt. In the past, even a change of UMNO leadership could cause a change of top management in govt control companies.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro sgtsk, I am aware of politics only as any changes it going to hurt my nest eggs and investments. Perhaps it is useful to note that having a good relationship with anyone only open the door for an opportunity to get in. How you make it depends very much on how you perform and how you uphold your principles in deliverance.
And to get to the level of being recognized to have the ability to have a good relationship take a lot of time working from scratch. Opportunities do not simply fall on your lap.

But no worries, we are here to talk about investment and hope to make money from it. Politics can take a back seat....I am just a commoner to have any drastic effect.

Important as politics is, I must admit I only largely read it as a hobby and past-time. Happy writing and participating here.