• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't forget, there are thousands of mainland Chinese millionaires waiting to invest overseas...and you have the China Mall which is dedicated to Chinese products in the pipeline...

Funny lor , land cost 975 psf , how much to sell after they built up that place ? Sometime , these reporters damn screw up one , anyhow give wrong info .

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
after spore implemented the hefty 10% tax on foreign buyers, these chinese towkays naturally turn to the nearest hype ..Iskandar. So Iskandar is enjoying these positive spillovers from the property boom in spore.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't forget, there are thousands of mainland Chinese millionaires waiting to invest overseas...and you have the China Mall which is dedicated to Chinese products in the pipeline...

Be careful , if rental of these malls is skyhigh relative to nearby area like Jusco / Sutera Mall , China retailers will need to sell their Kuey Teow at RM10 , Bak Kut Teh at RM20 . Who will want to eat there ?
Dont tell me rich people do eat Kuey Teow , Bak Kut Teh ?

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even intermediate superlinks 2 1/2 storey houses 24 x 75 ft in Puchong or Selayang these days are launched at RM700k to 1.0m
Whoever bought properties in 2008/2009 in KL area will definitely make money.

Will this repeat in JB?

I agree. Jb now is like KL in 2008.

doesn't matter what location, just buy in 2008 and all turn out to appreciate even for place like rawang, kajang, klang, shah alam...etc, which distance wise is even further from KL center than places like masai and tampoi to JB center.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ever wonder how Little Penang, Old Town or Starbucks charged 200% above street prices and they can still survive?
Today, Char Kuay Teow cost RM8.50 per plate in Old Town Cafe. Starbucks charged RM12.50 for a coffee. Yet it is full of people.
There is something called niche market.

Be careful , if rental of these malls is skyhigh relative to nearby area like Jusco / Sutera Mall , China retailers will need to sell their Kuey Teow at RM10 , Bak Kut Teh at RM20 . Who will want to eat there ?
Dont tell me rich people do eat Kuey Teow , Bak Kut Teh ?

lifestyle

You have so many 'brothers', they will never stop lah....please share with your forumer brothers as well. Maybe can also indicate price range , I think many are keen at 'just above 500K'.
"The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty" - Winston Churchill

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is always a 2-tier market in every country.

The average Singaporeans also cannot afford to buy The Marq & Sentosa.

KL the same, especially when I just heard that BRDB managed to sell off their remaining so called "premium units" at Troika to some Hong Kees for RM3000psf. All becos it comes furnished and by Norman Foster. Only to know that people are selling resale at RM1350-1500psf.

So I believe for JB in time to come will be the same... everyone will have their own markets to play in, and there should be affordable housing like our HDB for the local Johoreans cos your votes are still important.

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is always a 2-tier market in every country.

The average Singaporeans also cannot afford to buy The Marq & Sentosa.

KL the same, especially when I just heard that BRDB managed to sell off their remaining so called "premium units" at Troika to some Hong Kees for RM3000psf. All becos it comes furnished and by Norman Foster. Only to know that people are selling resale at RM1350-1500psf.

So I believe for JB in time to come will be the same... everyone will have their own markets to play in, and there should be affordable housing like our HDB for the local Johoreans cos your votes are still important.

Agree. Actually I don’t think JB is inferior to KL in any way .. yes KL has an international airport and many MNCs and robust commercial activities but JB is catching up ..and it has the added advantage of located next to Singapore, a powerhouse commercial and transport hub. When Spore is linked to JB via MRT, the full potential of JB will be realized and condo in city and prime areas selling at >RM1000 will be the norm, especially when you consider the flow of investors from Singapore with their strong currency. Sure they can invest in condos in KL .but I would think most would want to put their money in JB first as its easier for them to monitor the property here in JB rather than having to go all the way to KL. KL is now saturated .. opportunities are now in JB

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
haha, ya.. think eveything boils down to sentiment, not just affordability

now sentiment is good in Singapore... so even if supply 100k units coming up also no one scared

but just a few thousand units in KLCC they will say over supply...

Agree. Actually I don’t think JB is inferior to KL in any way .. yes KL has an international airport and many MNCs and robust commercial activities but JB is catching up ..and it has the added advantage of located next to Singapore, a powerhouse commercial and transport hub. When Spore is linked to JB via MRT, the full potential of JB will be realized and condo in city and prime areas selling at >RM1000 will be the norm, especially when you consider the flow of investors from Singapore with their strong currency. Sure they can invest in condos in KL .but I would think most would want to put their money in JB first as its easier for them to monitor the property here in JB rather than having to go all the way to KL. KL is now saturated .. opportunities are now in JB

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those who are no scared of over supply had already harvested. Actually there are still good potentials in KL.
Latest news is SP Setia bought British Embassy land for a record of RM3,000 psf. (Yes, three thousand).
Now that is how robust these areas are.

haha, ya.. think eveything boils down to sentiment, not just affordability

now sentiment is good in Singapore... so even if supply 100k units coming up also no one scared

but just a few thousand units in KLCC they will say over supply...

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro, its RM2200psf lar.

but anyway its getting scarce... even a piece of land at jalan yap kwan seng used to be asking RM1000psf last year now is asking RM2800psf.

Those who are no scared of over supply had already harvested. Actually there are still good potentials in KL.
Latest news is SP Setia bought British Embassy land for a record of RM3,000 psf. (Yes, three thousand).
Now that is how robust these areas are.

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyway, all this will translate to higher replacement costs. So alot of luxury units priced at RM1kpsf still good bargains

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyway, all this will translate to higher replacement costs. So alot of luxury units priced at RM1kpsf still good bargains

now everyone is waiting for the location of the future Spore-Msia train. watch the psf of city condos shoot up > 1000psf

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
now everyone is waiting for the location of the future Spore-Msia train. watch the psf of city condos shoot up > 1000psf

Be careful bro , I will choose to stay in my humble HDB if JB condo price at above 1000psf . You got calc the total cost of living in JB when price reach those level or not ?