• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

Qube3

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys, managed to get my hands on a South Wing unit with B3 layout. Like it cos got chance to see part of marina from balcony cos corner unit. Tried to nego on the $5k booking fee but the marketing ageng refuse yo bulge, the boss must be special relationship with developer to get sole marketing agent rights, thats y k ask $5k from buyers. We like paying for a right or pass to buy a unit.

Welcome bro to the club of SPH owners....

I have not experienced the ability to offset the booking fees with the purchase price - especially those launched here. Most launches in Singapore specifically mean that the booking fee is really to defray the costs of exhibition, and likely include agency fees for the marketing agent in Singapore.

For those that are launched in Malaysia first, or simultaneously - most people would just take a drive up and buy it from the developer (through the marketing agent there) or if they are also launched in Singapore, then perhaps offer the ability to offset. If they had initially launched in Malaysia and then Singapore, perhaps Singapore was never their first target market anyway, and perhaps due to lukewarm reception, or excess units they then look elsewhere.

As far as the SPH marketing agent is concerned, I know they have the exclusivity hence the ability to charge the $5K on a non-refundable, non-offset basis.

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tropez Residence, Danga Bay

Hi ppl, anyone eyeing this condo? Anyone with info care to share more on this? Developer reputation, potential? mixed development .. coastal development! Only if it takes offf @ :biggrin:

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tropez Residence, Danga Bay

hi ppl, anyone keen on this? coastal development, mixed. RM600 psf - considered premium in JB. :(

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Tropez Residence, Danga Bay

hi ppl, anyone keen on this? coastal development, mixed. RM600 psf - considered premium in JB. :(

I did not view the actual site but only from googlemap.
The sea view is not really facing expansive stretch of sea...but seems like straits view only.
Also there's still some reclaimed land in between the sea. If they build something there, the view is gone. They say reclaimed land can build max 20 storeys....I am not sure.
Location wise, it is good and quite accessible to city, SG, and Nusajaya.
I think still a good buy if everything is realized as plan (of course) but may need to wait a few years for the commercial zones to develop before got rental potential.

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Tropez Residence, Danga Bay

I did not view the actual site but only from googlemap.
The sea view is not really facing expansive stretch of sea...but seems like straits view only.
Also there's still some reclaimed land in between the sea. If they build something there, the view is gone. They say reclaimed land can build max 20 storeys....I am not sure.
Location wise, it is good and quite accessible to city, SG, and Nusajaya.
I think still a good buy if everything is realized as plan (of course) but may need to wait a few years for the commercial zones to develop before got rental potential.

I am going down to their showroom at danga bay this saturday to check it out. I was told there are some 2 bedders that have seaview and i have to be put on waiting list. yes this project is stil very raw so hope to get more info from the sales team this sat. interested to know abt the sky/roof garden that is available to 2 towers .. seems like you can have a seaview or maybe partial seaview up there .. that's one of the main attraction i guess

I heard the developer is reputable so likelihood of developer disappearing halfway and project being abandoned is small though not zero. Yes. its a big project altogether with the shopping mall, offices and medical centre (not sure if this is the one which peter lim aka remisier king has invested in a joint venture with the johor royal family) so might take a while for the condo to be rentable.

Hmm are you guys all sporeans? I am a msian SPR. i have a property in SG in whcih i plan to occupy till completion of this project before renting it out and staying in tropez (if the deal goes through). Will prob buy a SG car and drives in and out if i am still working in SG.

Nice to talk to you guys btw :biggrin:

streams

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi everyone,

I bought a unit at somerset puteri harbour too.
Nice to know there are fellow neighours in this thread. Cheers!

Qube3

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi everyone,

I bought a unit at somerset puteri harbour too.
Nice to know there are fellow neighours in this thread. Cheers!

Welcome,

Guess we have at least 5 owners of Somerset Puteri Harbour now in this forum/thread...

- Dfiris
- streams
- SPH07
- quartz28
- Qube3
- potato?

Guess at some stage we can arrange a trip there if all bros are interested, maybe 2/3 monthly intervals to see the progress, share info and find makanplace? PM me if any bros interested...

Went down yesterday for some makan / site visit, and I got to admit I was surprised at the speed of the construction action at the SPH site.

All beams to support the first floor is already up for the entire block.

The flooring is being constructed for the 1st floor of the south wing block. (I differentiate between ground floor and 1st floor (ground floor being 1st floor in some countries, so I mean 1 floor from ground floor in this case).

Sorry didn't take any pics - have lousy phone camera only. I can only imagine that if it is constructed to Singapore standard, a 5-7floor building can be completed in 18 months, so I would think including fittings, renovation etc that end 2014 remains a good bet.

Last edited:

streams

Alfrescian
Loyal
Somerset website states that SPH will be ready for lease by 2013.
The piling had started much earlier before the launch.
In add, project of this size usually take less than 2 years to complete.
There is a possibility we may see our units by end 2013.

that's my feel..cheers!

quartz28

Alfrescian
Loyal
Welcome,

Guess we have at least 5 owners of Somerset Puteri Harbour now in this forum/thread...

- Dfiris
- streams
- SPH07
- quartz28
- Qube3
- potato?

Guess at some stage we can arrange a trip there if all bros are interested, maybe 2/3 monthly intervals to see the progress, share info and find makanplace? PM me if any bros interested...

Went down yesterday for some makan / site visit, and I got to admit I was surprised at the speed of the construction action at the SPH site.

All beams to support the first floor is already up for the entire block.

The flooring is being constructed for the 1st floor of the south wing block. (I differentiate between ground floor and 1st floor (ground floor being 1st floor in some countries, so I mean 1 floor from ground floor in this case).

Sorry didn't take any pics - have lousy phone camera only. I can only imagine that if it is constructed to Singapore standard, a 5-7floor building can be completed in 18 months, so I would think including fittings, renovation etc that end 2014 remains a good bet.

Qube3...appreciate your effort! Sure..definitely will like to join the field trip...if time allows:smile:

Btw..just saw another ad by the same agent promoting kl property over the weekend ..ceylon something ??? Thought they launch that last yr before :confused:
Cheers!

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fr Nusa Sentral,new phase 3A2(22'x70) have been released,the price for intermediate lot is 480k,the price for end lot and corner lot with land are started from 540k to 680k.We will give you a 10% discount.Both legal fee and stamp duty for SPA and loan agreement will be absorbed by developer.(both prices given are before discount)
Kindly call or come to our showroom to take a look.Thank you.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Still sounds a very good deal. They haven't increase their prices a lot since the first launch. Still palatable. Maybe they are not as greedy as others ..

Fr Nusa Sentral,new phase 3A2(22'x70) have been released,the price for intermediate lot is 480k,the price for end lot and corner lot with land are started from 540k to 680k.We will give you a 10% discount.Both legal fee and stamp duty for SPA and loan agreement will be absorbed by developer.(both prices given are before discount)
Kindly call or come to our showroom to take a look.Thank you.

Qube3

Alfrescian
Loyal
Somerset website states that SPH will be ready for lease by 2013.
The piling had started much earlier before the launch.
In add, project of this size usually take less than 2 years to complete.
There is a possibility we may see our units by end 2013.

that's my feel..cheers!

Yeap, agreed. My typo, end 2013 is very realistic.

The ground floor foundation was laid firm just prior to CNY, however within a month of the launch / sell-out, the beams are all up, plus the flooring on the 1st floor. I was on site before and after so I am pleasantly surprised with the progress.

Hoping Somerset will invite owners for a couple of nights of free stay on their serviced residence launch to grace the occasion?
:biggrin:

Qube3

Alfrescian
Loyal
Qube3...appreciate your effort! Sure..definitely will like to join the field trip...if time allows:smile:

Btw..just saw another ad by the same agent promoting kl property over the weekend ..ceylon something ??? Thought they launch that last yr before :confused:
Cheers!

I think there are a number of developments in Bukit Ceylon - I visited that area about 2 months back, seems to be taking off.

I didn't particularly take notice of this development but kinda know there is marketing for a Bukit Ceylon development in Singapore for a while, think it is Laman Bukit Ceylon or something...may be well mistaken.

Kinda tired with investing in KL - too far to manage, and given the "new" opportunities existing in Iskandar, am looking forward to more exciting things.
Particularly keen to hear the concept of the Wellness Village and am wondering if there will be investment opportunities there since it will be managed by Capitaland!

A bro has already PM'ed me to join in any outings so I'll post it to gauge response or anyone can feel free to organise whenever necessary..:smile:

quartz28

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys...went down today to PH to have a look...here's some pics

Here's SPH..foundation beam & probably basement cement laid..
SPH.JPG

Here's Traders Hotel just beside SPH...building up to 5th floor
Traders hotel.JPG

Here's i think is the indoor theme park...most of exterior done liao....believe they are on-track for yr end opening...
Indoor theme park.JPG