• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

shawnabc77

Alfrescian
Loyal
i have stayed in cambodia before though for about a year. security, development etc there confirm not as development and safe compared to malaysia

lynton

Alfrescian
Loyal
i have stayed in cambodia before though for about a year. security, development etc there confirm not as development and safe compared to malaysia

When did you stay there? in Phnom Penh? in term of investment Phnom Penh better or iskandar better? thanks for advice

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Overseas investments unless it's in recognized global cities else it's just a very risky proposition.

Some of the agent commissions are pretty impressive too. Maybe that's why they're pushing hard. Nothing is for free.
Everything has a price attached to it.

lynton

Alfrescian
Loyal
Overseas investments unless it's in recognized global cities else it's just a very risky proposition.

Some of the agent commissions are pretty impressive too. Maybe that's why they're pushing hard. Nothing is for free.
Everything has a price attached to it.

Global cities is expensive. Still need to earn from these untapped market which can offer explosive return before is enough to invest in global city bro... put money in the bank also useless.

agent commissions.. hm... when you work you get paid, same apply to them. i am not very particular on those. coz if the investment value pick up, we actually earn more.

you are right on the risk. that's why one of my consideration is developer reputation and the one i am considering is integrated with Shangri-La. at least they must have done their due diligence. what's your thought bro? Thanks

hemohemo

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is not a ''new development" per se but I have got a few similar warnings from Malaysia friends to avoid KL on 16/9. Some segment of the society seems to be planning to stir up racial unrest there. Please take the warning with a pinch of salt because I heard it and so it's not proven!

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Global cities is expensive. Still need to earn from these untapped market which can offer explosive return before is enough to invest in global city bro... put money in the bank also useless.

agent commissions.. hm... when you work you get paid, same apply to them. i am not very particular on those. coz if the investment value pick up, we actually earn more.

you are right on the risk. that's why one of my consideration is developer reputation and the one i am considering is integrated with Shangri-La. at least they must have done their due diligence. what's your thought bro? Thanks

You take shangri-la hotel as your guide? Usually hotel chains never invest in the property, they just manage, so if cannot make profit they just up and leave, you as the owner of any property there is left holding the baby. Also when shangri-la fails, they have deep pockets, from the way you ask so many questions, I believe the money you are going to invest is your life savings, lost means gone.
My advice is don't touch, if you have no money to invest in first world countries better keep the money and not invest at all.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. You might also want to check out the details of the Shangri-La involvement.
What's the term of contract for managing the hotel. What kind of stake they've in the development. All these are marketing gimmicks. You need to delve further into the details before you make an informed decision.

There're a lot of rules and regulation for foreign investment overseas. You have to be diligent and don't depend on your agent.

On the whole I would agree not to invest. Save your money and look for better opportunities.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
A middle class income in Phnom Penh is probably around US$3k a year [1]. A new 2-bedder is about US$200k [2]. So it is about 60x the middle class income.

To put things in perspective, the middle class income in Singapore is about S$100k a year [3], while a 2-bedder near Orchard Road is about S$2mil [4], so it is about 20x more.

And Cambodia is still a developing country while Singapore is one of the top financial hubs in the world.

[1] http://www.prake.org/home/salary/salary-checker/wages-public-administrators
[2] http://www.investphnompenh.com/the-skyline-cambodia/
[3] https://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/income-inequality-singapore-annual-peek-160000067.html
[4] http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/sing...=&maxbed=2&minbed=2&minsize=&searchbtn=Search

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
A middle class income in Phnom Penh is probably around US$3k a year [1]. A new 2-bedder is about US$200k [2]. So it is about 60x the middle class income.

To put things in perspective, the middle class income in Singapore is about S$100k a year [3], while a 2-bedder near Orchard Road is about S$2mil [4], so it is about 20x more.

And Cambodia is still a developing country while Singapore is one of the top financial hubs in the world.

[1] http://www.prake.org/home/salary/salary-checker/wages-public-administrators
[2] http://www.investphnompenh.com/the-skyline-cambodia/
[3] https://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/income-inequality-singapore-annual-peek-160000067.html
[4] http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/sing...=&maxbed=2&minbed=2&minsize=&searchbtn=Search

When I visited Siem Reap 3 years ago, I noticed there were many Lexus and Camry on the road. But many of them do not have any car registration plate and naturally there's no insurance. These cars are not registered. How did it get there? Your guess is as good as mine. So I ask my tour guide why is that so and what happen if there's an accident. He just said, you pay and you pay enough. Money will settle everything. So would I be bothered to invest in Cambodia?

dumb1

Alfrescian
Loyal

Like that my accountant who is no better than an ordinary bookkeeper in Sg was over paid? US$500 pm in 1997.

shawnabc77

Alfrescian
Loyal
When did you stay there? in Phnom Penh? in term of investment Phnom Penh better or iskandar better? thanks for advice

hm... i stay phnom penh more than 10 years ago... in terms of investment growth like rental yield, phnom penh i think its better as there are more expats.. however the risk in both phnom penh and iskandar is political issues. same with thailand...

phnom penh got another issue too.. thought rental yield is good, however, most buyers are actually foreigners looking for rental yield.. next time wana sell might not be able to sell to "local".. 10 years ago when i'm there its pretty backward.. hope it have improve....

dumb1

Alfrescian
Loyal
hm... i stay phnom penh more than 10 years ago... in terms of investment growth like rental yield, phnom penh i think its better as there are more expats.. however the risk in both phnom penh and iskandar is political issues. same with thailand...

phnom penh got another issue too.. thought rental yield is good, however, most buyers are actually foreigners looking for rental yield.. next time wana sell might not be able to sell to "local".. 10 years ago when i'm there its pretty backward.. hope it have improve....

When I was there, shooting was a daily affair. Worst was the use of grenade in crowded area. Never in my life, got road blocks 6x in one night.

shawnabc77

Alfrescian
Loyal
What about Singapore Properties? Singapore property overall i feel still pretty stable. though rental dropped too recently, but there's still may expats like Ang Mos, korean, japanese, indian everywhere on the street..

The only issues are the prices, Additional Buyer Stamp Duty (ABSD) and Total Debt Servicing Ratio (TDSR). Election over already. Hope Singapore government can do something about it soon.

Some of the new launches on Singapore market are (launching 4th quarter 2015)
1) Sturdee Residence Singapore
2) Thomson Impressions Singapore
3) Centrium Square Singapore
4) Skies 39 Singapore