• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Full understand, yes jams are really getting worse. Thats why folks asked me to continue let those trying to scare off people to let them do their jobs to keep the jams down.

Best wishes and may happiness follow you.

Nusajaya is perfect place for ppl who work from home or has own business which doesnt require to travel daily in and out ....

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I will not be an agent but I will be working direct with developers. Until today, my wife was still upset for the time I spent here and in real life driving others around and away from the family on weekends, etc using another name. At times. I even got accused I was working for IRDA or having MY or developer funding, seriously funny but sad.
Early days still and I don't think I am much of a business man but i guess i have invested reasonably well. Was not keen to do this, resisted all calls to get involved until very very recently.
Another time, someone here even asked me to do certain commercials and asked me to start referring spammers to advertise properly. I was really touched by his kind gesture as he wanted me to benefit from my meagre contributions here.
Wuqi, yours seem altruistic (given the demands or squeeze on your private life). We probably missed the earlier boat from jetty. And only lately my missus started to look at Nusajaya bit, attending seminars and tours to sites. I only just did replay of tour last saturday.

1st time saw the likes of Peter Lim's motor-city (palm tree still), East Ledang, Danga, Medini and Puteri Harbour. Missus trying for ballot for Medini (Pristine?), persuaded it's more vibrant what with Gleneagles, Affiniti nearby. PH looks kinda atas. Seems big boys are in. Danga Bay's Garden seems more cut out for PRC crowd, what with mainland developer securing fair percentage PRC investors.

Excuse my noob (and ignorant) post. Every success for yours

Last edited:

edwinssm

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please help me, bro Wuqi. I'm looking for a retirement home in Desaru for my family. PMed you my situation, so hope you can give me some advice.

Thank you.

I will not be an agent but I will be working direct with developers.

Basically some folks up there voiced support after some folks leaked out my background, my wife who was upset with me for spending my time here said, for once this time I will get something out of this and i was pretty amazed that they asked me to help. I will also be meeting a few business folks later this week but have declined to do any projects outside of Johore.

So I guess lets see how it goes. Early days still and I don't think I am much of a business man but i guess i have invested reasonably well. Was not keen to do this, resisted all calls to get involved until very very recently.

Really got touched by some who came repeatedly to my home. I told them honestly, being an IT chap at heart and too straightforward for my own good, I am not really sure how much I can help. I told a developer straight off that his project will not do well and to get off their horse and engage with local agents. True enough hiccups occurred and sure enough, now panicking. Another one, I gave my 2 cents to reduce their price, this weekend, they finally did.

Had a good talk with some folks who somehow believe I could contribute. Felt I could really do something but I am still staying outside the commercial space.

Folks who know me in real life will know. Some recent events, there are some reading this who will know of the deals, if I have said or hidden any details or took any comms, please correct me,

1. Recently a colleague in the company I am in bought a Nusa Duta cluster at a good price and even though sister doubted me as I am not of their faith, I still helped my neighbour sell to her and just their word of thanks was good enough but her sister doubting of me just because I am not of their faith saddened me. Are non believers incapable of doing good? This was a colleague in the office who even got me into trouble (accidentally) a few times. I told her to come by herself on a Cw3 bus to test her conviction to come out here. She did and so I made sure I fulfill my end, no agents, no comms and lawyer, banker, etc the seller side introduced.

2. Helped broker a deal for folks who bought Sky Executive and I made sure the buyer, Aussie friend of a friend did not need to pay anything and helped the other side reduce their comms. In the end, the funds meant for my comms I gave for their discount.

3. Helped to broker a special deal where two good friends bought clusters in a development even though it was not open for launch yet.

4. Placed deposit for a friend for a property and waited more than 5 months before he got the house and paid me back. He just sold recently and made some money and insisted on giving a 5k ang pao which I have refunded.

5. Good friend who invested here wanted to sell a terrace in the Golf to upgrade. In the end, rather then make his money, I told him to sell to his mother in law instead who was keen to invest here. That way, the good property stayed within the family and yet he has funding to upgrade to a different unit.

6. Took an Aussie couple to view the whole of Nusajaya even though they were not buying any of my properties, I still met them when I was recovering from my HFMD and sent them back.

None of this I ever earn a single cent. When I do get anything, I will always notify those who I get a cut from and make sure they are aware and I offer to return the comms to them. One chap asked me to put a name and referral and I did, my friend returned the money to me and we sent him his full amount back to him for his referral and even chased after him when his wife account number given was incorrect.

Of the five years since I have started investing and recommending to friends, there were only 2 times I got anything at all from agent and both times i informed and offered to refund.

Until today, my wife was still upset for the time I spent here and in real life driving others around and away from the family on weekends, etc using another name. At times. I even got accused I was working for IRDA or having MY or developer funding, seriously funny but sad.

One time I treated some folks to food and drinks at a gathering and ended up one chap asked if the money I so "generously" spent was funded by any developer or if I was an agent.

Another time, someone here even asked me to do certain commercials and asked me to start referring spammers to advertise properly. I was really touched by his kind gesture as he wanted me to benefit from my meagre contributions here.

Never expected anything back but somehow, someone cared. Thank you for your kind words.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Recently, Thailand's economy shrank 2.2 percent in the three months to March from the previous quarter. It was the first contraction in more than a year -- as manufacturing output fell.

Now investors are bracing for a rate cut.

Perhaps, good for property and equity investors looking to advance in the country.

The tourism which is big money has taken a very bad hit ever since the riots. I think the Thailand economy will go downhill for several more quarters. Best to go in is probably not now.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Please help me, bro Wuqi. I'm looking for a retirement home in Desaru for my family. PMed you my situation, so hope you can give me some advice.

Thank you.

Please don't say that, retirement home in Desaru definitely doable but you can even consider Kulai as well as they have some which are good there.
UEM has projects. Mahabuilders has projects there but catering mainly for locals.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
tourism which is big money has taken a very bad hit ever since the riots. I think the Thailand economy will go downhill for several more quarters.
Funds Transfer said:
Thailand's economy shrank 2.2 percent in the three months to March from the previous quarter. It was the first contraction in more than a year -- as manufacturing output fell.
Not sure if Thai economy going south for "several more quarters". 1Q may have contracted -0.8% q/q. But YoY still 5%.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/breaking-news/asia/thai-q1-gdp-may-have-contracted-08-qq-20130520

Strong baht may had something to do with it, on the back of speculative high FDIs.

tgdp.jpg

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Wuqi, yours seem altruistic (given the demands or squeeze on your private life). We probably missed the earlier boat from jetty. And only lately my missus started to look at Nusajaya bit, attending seminars and tours to sites. I only just did replay of tour last saturday.

1st time saw the likes of Peter Lim's motor-city (palm tree still), East Ledang, Danga, Medini and Puteri Harbour. Missus trying for ballot for Medini (Pristine?), persuaded it's more vibrant what with Gleneagles, Affiniti nearby. PH looks kinda atas. Seems big boys are in. Danga Bay's Garden seems more cut out for PRC crowd, what with mainland developer securing fair percentage PRC investors.

Excuse my noob (and ignorant) post. Every success for yours

Just doing what little i can, yes i kind of like Medini Signature over the others, somehow i prefer to be in the midst of things but still not too much.
Thank you and wishing you and your missus every success as well.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
There are ten of thousands Sg keep property in M'sia but never give up as this is defininately a gold mine here. Take it as a holiday home if the traffice jams is bad. Not to worry about the crimes here as we can pratice martial art. As a senior citizen, I hv join a martial class in S'pore n surprise with some M'sian's lady n "Ah Sow"paticipating. We need to built up a strong Sg community in JB for emergency assistance when one get rob, attack, accident or car breakdown. Again, pls invest, invest n re-invest for this exciting market. :wink:

There is already a roadside assistance scheme for the AA folks. More if they buy their own MY vehicles where insurance covers the cost of tow truck, etc. Accident wise also there is already some help. The SG consulate is on the 35th floor of the City Square building so one can go there for all the things you described where one lost passport, needs emergency documents to go back, registration for birth, etc.

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looking at the way property purchase by Singaporeans, there will be a surge of application for the MM2M scheme.
There is already a roadside assistance scheme for the AA folks. More if they buy their own MY vehicles where insurance covers the cost of tow truck, etc. Accident wise also there is already some help. The SG consulate is on the 35th floor of the City Square building so one can go there for all the things you described where one lost passport, needs emergency documents to go back, registration for birth, etc.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Though sound funny , but it may be a true view of our country. A proxy of London.

Great wisdom.

Alamak by 2035 , 20yrs more , how many of us here still can take MRT ? Maybe we become bumi of Singapore liao. The whole country become foreign , nothing much left , jobs , HDB , cars all no longer afforable , go back for what ?

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Alamak by 2035 , 20yrs more , how many of us here still can take MRT ? Maybe we become bumi of Singapore liao. The whole country become foreign , nothing much left , jobs , HDB , cars all no longer afforable , go back for what ?

Hard to say. Most probably PAP will no longer be ruling Sg by 2035.

edwinssm

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard that UEM is plannig to redevelop Desaru Coast. But still no news from them so far. I do know that MB builders just launched Marinea but my family would prefer a place near the beach.

Please don't say that, retirement home in Desaru definitely doable but you can even consider Kulai as well as they have some which are good there.
UEM has projects. Mahabuilders has projects there but catering mainly for locals.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hard to say. Most probably PAP will no longer be ruling Sg by 2035.

Ya right , PAP no longer rule Singkies , maybe FTs form a new FTS party voted themselve in ( since they outnumber us by millions) and rule Singkies , LOL ! Sinkies cant even protect their own rice bowl , how to help our own brothers and sisters ? By then most would have run road to JB or elsewhere liao !

Last edited:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard that UEM is plannig to redevelop Desaru Coast. But still no news from them so far. I do know that MB builders just launched Marinea but my family would prefer a place near the beach.

Is the beach front gated and guard as well ? Otherwise how to prevent pirates coming in from Indonesia with their high power speed boats ?

Avonup

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is great to have people like you in the forum. We are honoured to know you virtually.

Wuqi: ".......One time I treated some folks to food and drinks at a gathering and ended up one chap asked if the money I so "generously" spent was funded by any developer or if I was an agent...."

I can attest to this. We once had a gathering organised by Wuqi. There were about 15 + of us (all strangers to one another), Wuqi insisted on paying for the drinks & food. One of his other close friend insisted on playing for the late comers. We did not meet after that. There was no material gain but I guess they feel good having friends and helping others. Thank you! Wuqi.

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember reading and hearing abt developements in Desaru. I suspect it would be very nice when its done up. But i suspect it would move at MY speed. I would probably be a grandfather by then.