• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any comments on Senibong Cove?

I rushed through the showflat as it was raining. My first impression is I like the landscaping, security and layout. While I have no idea what Australia's Walker Group is, my gut feel is that it should be a pretty decent developer, coming from Australia. Location is not too bad, being near to causeway and Jusco Permas, but the sore point is it's far away from amenities on foot.

Overall I think its not too bad but if money is not an issue, I would prefer the developments in the Bukit Indah area, which has both location and amenities.

alleyboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Overall I think its not too bad but if money is not an issue, I would prefer the developments in the Bukit Indah area, which has both location and amenities.

I seldom see any subsale unit from Bt Indah. Those gated/guarded one. :(

Last edited:

jerms

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi everyone,

i have been reading alot of postings in the forum about buying a place in JB.. i really want to get a place there as a start and maybe start off using it as a weekend home.. then maybe even looking at getting a retirement there. i understand that the properties are much higher now and my budget is about RM600.

my qestion is:

1) should i get a condo or landed?
2) i would prefer it to be near malls and such because i would like to head out if i use it as a weekend get away
3) which area should i look at? Nusa Jaya area?

Thank you very much for the help!

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi everyone,

i have been reading alot of postings in the forum about buying a place in JB.. i really want to get a place there as a start and maybe start off using it as a weekend home.. then maybe even looking at getting a retirement there. i understand that the properties are much higher now and my budget is about RM600.

my qestion is:

1) should i get a condo or landed?
2) i would prefer it to be near malls and such because i would like to head out if i use it as a weekend get away
3) which area should i look at? Nusa Jaya area?

Thank you very much for the help!

1) I prefer landed, as maintenance of JB condo is suspect.
2) Jusco- Bukit Indah, Jusco - Tebrau, Jusco - Permas Jaya, are among the popular sub-urban malls in JB.
3) Based on the above, u can consider homes near these areas. Most singaporeans prefer Horizon Hill but there really are many choices within these 3 Jusco areas.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
1) I prefer landed, as maintenance of JB condo is suspect.
2) Jusco- Bukit Indah, Jusco - Tebrau, Jusco - Permas Jaya, are among the popular sub-urban malls in JB.
3) Based on the above, u can consider homes near these areas. Most singaporeans prefer Horizon Hill but there really are many choices within these 3 Jusco areas.

I inadvertently left out Sutera Mall. My apologies...... If you want to be near a mall, you can consider gated & guarded areas near Jusco- Bukit Indah, Jusco - Tebrau, Jusco - Permas Jaya, and Sutera Mall.......

summervale

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. Early bird discount for 35x70 cluster at RM688K. According to their saleguy, it is about RM100K discount. Deposit just need few K will do.
Setia Eco Gardens is currently having a soft launch for the new Eco Village precint.

EDTBA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. Early bird discount for 35x70 cluster at RM688K. According to their saleguy, it is about RM100K discount. Deposit just need few K will do.

Yes, the prices have gone up but good to know they are offering an early bird discount. The layout of the new precint is really nice though with a backyard garden between the row of houses.

mercuryz

Investing in a condo near CIQ

Hi Guys,

Great forum here, I hope to get some advise from anyone familiar with JB and the real estate market there.

I am thinking of investing in a property within 2 km of the CIQ, however the prices fall below the 500K mark which is the miniumum for foreigners to invest in Msia, is there any ways around this or is this pretty much standard for all investors? Honestly 400K RMB odd for a investment is quite attractive and within my means.

Also does anyone have any opinion of a condo called Orchid View Condominium? Its quite near the CIQ so I thought it would be a nice investment or perhaps for myself to stay?

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
My saleslady at Imperia, Puteri Harbour, mentioned to me that UEM-Sunrise is preparing for their latest launch at Puteri Harbour. This is near the Private Marina, behind the small piece of land bought by Tiong Nam. They will build 4 towers, high density, with around 1000 units. The price point is expected around MYR 550-650 psf range. The finishes will not be as luxurious as Imperia though.

The construction of CIQ has already started, with pillars coming up. Here is the latest picture:

IMG-20120526-00027.jpg

xploral

Alfrescian
Loyal
My saleslady at Imperia, Puteri Harbour, mentioned to me that UEM-Sunrise is preparing for their latest launch at Puteri Harbour. This is near the Private Marina, behind the small piece of land bought by Tiong Nam. They will build 4 towers, high density, with around 1000 units. The price point is expected around MYR 550-650 psf range. The finishes will not be as luxurious as Imperia though.

The construction of CIQ has already started, with pillars coming up. Here is the latest picture:

View attachment 5004

could not see picture. can download again

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
could not see picture. can download again

Hi xploral, sorry, I have deleted the original image. Try to click on the link first. Once you get redirected to the log in page, you should be able to see the image after you enter your username and password.

xploral

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi iskandarrocks. Thanks for the picture. appreaciate your sharing.
just wonder is the link from sing site had yet to confirmed? Or already start building.
looking at the map͵ look most likely from yeo chu kang or chua chu kang in order to link this ciq across the strait.