• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any opinion/info about Sunway Iskandar.

Very close to Second link.

May buy a small house for own use if freehold. Sunway is good in security.

streams

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'd buy if it was below one million.
but i don't know how easy it is to get a unit there.

Certainly, it would have addressed one of my main concern- close to CIQ/Singapore.
i can't afford to be late for work...hahaa:o

Any opinion/info about Sunway Iskandar.

Very close to Second link.

May buy a small house for own use if freehold. Sunway is good in security.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is this the one that can park car in the apartment?

Yes... i find it very very ambitious... even in Singapore the only one i heard of is one of those upmarket condo in Scotts area... this can only work for the very very upmarket ultra rich with super expensive maintenance... i cannot visualise this happening in JB where supply of electricity is not even guaranteed. The developer is also newly listed in 2012. Could this be a scam???

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes... i find it very very ambitious... even in Singapore the only one i heard of is one of those upmarket condo in Scotts area... this can only work for the very very upmarket ultra rich with super expensive maintenance... i cannot visualise this happening in JB where supply of electricity is not even guaranteed. The developer is also newly listed in 2012. Could this be a scam???

I only wonder how they take care of the exhaust, must have open space in the apartment?! Oh heard about it from another developer salesperson and she said - not i say one hor - no use unless got Ferrari to park there, cannot park Proton there haha..

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
I only wonder how they take care of the exhaust, must have open space in the apartment?! Oh heard about it from another developer salesperson and she said - not i say one hor - no use unless got Ferrari to park there, cannot park Proton there haha..

Yeah... I believe only the few most expensive units come with pool and parking... this is however very practical since you dont have to sleep worrying about your Ferrari. Ginfreely do you have some information on this development to share?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah... I believe only the few most expensive units come with pool and parking... this is however very practical since you dont have to sleep worrying about your Ferrari. Ginfreely do you have some information on this development to share?

Too bad I no Ferrari, me no info except heard about it from the other developer salesperson. Nowadays there seem to be more condos in JB with SG standard like this one and Marina view.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really amazed at this Blue Infiniti... can't find a single piece of information about the developer SMS Resort Sdn Bhd???
Did some googling and found out the developer is part of SMS Group of Companies.
The company is almost exclusively family run - the Shalahuddin family. SMS = SM Shalahuddin.
He is one of the founder of Naza Group of Companies.

I would consider this a high risk investment... just my personal gut feel

Last edited:

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporeans complained govt focused too much on growth and want to slow it down. Govt just doing what the people want. But unfortunately costs of living and inflation has not come down yet.
They may be overdoing it so much so we may end up with stagflation. Die lah

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really amazed at this Blue Infiniti... can't find a single piece of information about the developer SMS Resort Sdn Bhd???
Did some googling and found out the developer is part of SMS Group of Companies.
The company is almost exclusively family run - the Shalahuddin family. SMS = SM Shalahuddin.
He is one of the founder of Naza Group of Companies.

I would consider this a high risk investment... just my personal gut feel

Right. SMS boss was key shareholder and co founder of naza group which has distributorship for Kia, Peugeot, Ferrari, Maserati,..in Malaysia. Not clear about its delivery records in property sector though.

Last edited:

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not exactly. Rental cost too high. Mspletree, jtc all very market driven. . Man power is just one of the key cost that govt has suppressed for too long..

Singaporeans complained govt focused too much on growth and want to slow it down. Govt just doing what the people want. But unfortunately costs of living and inflation has not come down yet.
They may be overdoing it so much so we may end up with stagflation. Die lah

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore is slowly becoming uncompetitive in manufacturing. The engineers and technicians will have a harder time.

http://www.btinvest.com.sg/markets/news/60479.html?source=si_news

Singapore's strategy is to ensure a strong SGD policy. By doing so, it believes that the country will be able to flush out imported inflation and also protect the many investments that have parachuted into the island. The latter is probably the stronger intent as the inflationary pressures here are mostly policy driven, ie. COE prices, unaffordable housing, low salaries.