• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
BTW In the classic game SimCity, factories/industrial areas depress the land values..residential units near factories/industrial areas can't appreciate in price well.

Interesting game but never played before. I only played Constructor (a very old game I played during boring NS time) game where e player is a developer of a township (but no shops). Beside factories will be terrible.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry guys,

there are over 300+ threads in this post. And I don't have time to go through all.

Can someone point me to a place where I can get a detailed data on

-Condos that are still available to foreigners at RM500,000 range (before the new RM1 mill law)
- Locations
- Looking at Studio units (500 to 700 sq ft)
- 500 - 700 psf

Please let me know.

Thanks.

try Molek regency. last month they were still reasonably priced condos. it's next to ponderosa golf course.

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi I just viewed the website.

Molek Regency looks quite nice.

Plus points are the facilities
- lots of water pools, Jacuzzi etc
- unit has nice bath tub
- studio has balcony
- badminton court, squash court, tennis court

My questions
1) How much is the psf?
2) Studio size 500 - 600+ sq ft still available to foreigners?
3) Still eligible to buy at RM500k?
4) How to get to CIQ if no car available

Thanks

try Molek regency. last month they were still reasonably priced condos. it's next to ponderosa golf course.

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

Thanks for sharing.

Some questions.

1) what's the track record of the developer.
2) what's the psf
3) studio 500-600+ units still available?
4) Foreigners still eligible to buy at RM500k?
5) Compare this to Molek Regency, which do you think is better, and why?
6) Anyone bought GP Residences? Can share experience?

Thanks

Quite a low profile project. Integrated hub concept is there. With higher toll in future, commute by bus will be more popular.
http://www.propertyguru.com.my/prop...ice-apartment-direct-from-developer-f-3318176

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks to all for replying, is Iskandar property any good, transportation wise, is it convenience to travel to SG.

Have been approve for MM2H, so will be back in October to look around the place......:smile:

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia pales to Singapore in comparison with commercial crimes, molest in MRTs, void decks and public space. The only crime Malaysia beats Singapore hands down is snatch theft ( Singapore is catching up though :smile: )

Yes Singapore security is not so good now too, with a 5+ mill pop.

See all those POLICE CRIME signs put up at HDB estates about vehicle theft, molest? The influx of foreigners are making Singapore 'more and more like" Malaysia.

And train and bus groping in Singapore are on the rise. So how safe are our ladies in Singapore actually?

So I would say, as long as one is careful in Malaysia, living in high security condos, travel in tight groups at night, don't go to questionable places, its pretty safe. And course, ladies don't wear short tight skirt walking alone on a Malaysian street at night, that's tempting and luring wolves straight to you. Even in SG, if you do that in a dark place, you could get possibly molested.

Ever consider the possibility of some people trying scaremongering people not to buy Malaysian properties? We never know.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

Thanks for sharing.

Some questions.

1) what's the track record of the developer.
2) what's the psf
3) studio 500-600+ units still available?
4) Foreigners still eligible to buy at RM500k?
5) Compare this to Molek Regency, which do you think is better, and why?
6) Anyone bought GP Residences? Can share experience?

Thanks

No idea...very few units left when I saw the sales chart. Next phase will be more expensive and further away from the interchange.

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal

- unit has nice bath tub
- studio has balcony

My questions
1) How much is the psf?

Thanks

Other than taxis or car pooling, the reality is you need to ride or drive around JB. Otherwise it is going to be a real challenge moving about and yes, emails don't get responded to in Malaysia, you either call or go down to make enquiries.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

- unit has nice bath tub
- studio has balcony

My questions
1) How much is the psf?

Thanks

Hi, Bro
Sorry for late reply, been a bit busy all of a sudden

OK, about molek regency: my views
Pros - good price point when i visited 2 months ago. The price may have escalated by developer, but you can try to drop by. you should visit the actual site, see if you like the environment there.
when i went the 2 bedders were good value. IIRC they were about 800++ sft and i calculated the psf on the spot, i remember it to be (high) 5xx RM psf (after discount). The SA told me that 5xx RM psf for molek is consider good price.
What i like about Molek is the upmarket vibe, it's still a malaysian enclave but you can see the rows of higher end cafes, all the banks etc are there. it reminds me a bit of a PJ suburb in KL if you're familiar.
the cons about MR - there are a few. They are not one of the established group of big players in Taman Molek, so there may be a some execution risk, hence the lower price points. Also, note that the golf course facing view units (mostly gone anyway, but you never know) are facing HTC, which runs parallel along the main road. Also, i can't remember if the project is FH or LH, so do check.

- can singaporean still buy abve 500k but <1M - the SA told me yes.

as for studio units, they go fast. there was one or two one bedder left, they' are largish units so i think 6xx sft sizes. But i distinctly remember that the 2 bedders were a better proposition.
as for transport to CIQ, i don't know but i assume it's not great. you need your own transport there.

As for contact, i did find the contact on their webpge, so maybe it's your system? Anyway here it is. Good luck. (I'm not vested in molek at the moment).
CONTACT US
Give us a call or visit our showroom for more information.

MOLEK REGENCY
Alpha Astral Realty SB
Lot 191517,
Jalan Persiaran Bumi Hijau,
Taman Molek,
81100 Johor Bahru, Johor.

Tel: 607-357 8836
607-357 8835
607-357 8837 (hunting line)

Fax: 607-351 4812

GPS: 1° 32' 6.05"N, 103° 48' 4.86"E

Last edited:

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi. Wish to hear opinions from those who have rented out their units.

Consider these 3 condos

1. D Ambience (Jalan Permas) - IJM Land - Freehold
2. M Condo (Larkin) - MB Group - leasehold
3. Meridin Bayvue (Sierra Perdana) - Mah Sing Group - Freehold
4. The Aliff (Tampoi) - MB Group - Leasehold

Which is the easiest to rent out? Why?

Is Freehold necessarily better than leasehold? And why?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Sagitarius

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks to all for replying, is Iskandar property any good, transportation wise, is it convenience to travel to SG.
Have been approve for MM2H, so will be back in October to look around the place......:smile:

I would say some are good - good location, good designs and reasonable price. For transportation, without a SG car, we have to rely on JB taxi on call which they responded quite fast. The other day, we called for two taxis to CIQ and they came within minutes of each other. With SG car, the challenge is the traffic jam which is lesser after the toll hikes.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
problem is next time sell to who ? locals are poor...

You will be surprised but in some neighbourhoods like Bukit Indah, many locals running businesses not only splurge on houses that cost well over 1M Ringgit but they also do extensive renovations and extensions amounting to hundreds of thousands of dollars. These are purely Malaysian families that don't commute to SG .They either run their own businesses or are professionals. For landed, if the location is good, locals with money will buy.And there are locals with money now buying into Nusajaya, though not as many as in JB. Most of the 'old money' would prefer JB as in Zone A.

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys,

Is it ok to get a 2nd condo at Nusajaya Zone B to rent out upon its TOP in 2017? Price is about RM580 psf.

What about a condo at Permas Jaya Zone A at around RM430 psf?

I know a lot of condo supplies are coming up. That's why I would like to discuss about it.

What kind of psf should I be looking at?

Thanks.