• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

kezgtree

Alfrescian
Loyal
...yup, also becoz of this malay supremacy thingy that is dragging the country down...I believe if the Johor itself will to emulate
sinkie land...in 10 years down the future...all other states will envy the Johorian govrnments and Sultant...

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
That would likely to be so but he is not a politician so their support you be that critical for him.
I'm just happy that someone is saying sensible stuff.

Malaysia sorely needs a Malay to advocate for such things. any other race saying this will be attacked and labelled as seditious

Haha a Malay with royal blood even better (although the Sultan is half English).

But then, education is a federal matter and u can expect a push-back from the conservative Malay quarters.

Matahari

Alfrescian
Loyal
The negative news is that Sungai Danga is NOW one of the most polluted rivers in Johor.

The good news is that our Chief Minister Mohamed Khaled Nordin will be starting work on cleaning the river SOON. Bila bang?
2015-05-16 13.01.48.jpg

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
To clean up, the government needs to enforce heavier penalties on the polluters up-stream at the industrial areas as well as commercial areas. If not all efforts and resources will be down the drain. So please don't believe too much in these news if you don't see clean up at the factories and shops.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
To clean up, the government needs to enforce heavier penalties on the polluters up-stream at the industrial areas as well as commercial areas. If not all efforts and resources will be down the drain. So please don't believe too much in these news if you don't see clean up at the factories and shops.

Yes, don't ever believe that the river can be cleaned so easily.
They must first have the political will to do so and the very first thing to do is to stop pollution from the source.
And one of the main source is from the tens of thousands of food stalls all over the JB.
Everyday, those food stall vendors just conveniently throw their food waste and dish water into the nearby drains with run into the rivers and then to the Straits, no other way.
This include those from mobile pasar malam stalls, road side food stalls, and those housed in shophouses in the tamans are all doing the same.
Many bigger restaurants also usually wash their hundreds of dishes in back lanes throw the dish water into the drains.
And then join in by the hundreds of car wash shops all over contributing to the pollution.
They may have do resettlement, have to construct another major sewer line and network to capture all the waste water from these sources and most important, change the people's habit and mindset.
Do you think the state govt is able to change this practice within a short time without upsetting the people and their livelihood?
That's why I had always say that there's no way to clean up the rivers and the Straits without strong political will and a very big budget.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, don't ever believe that the river can be cleaned so easily.
They must first have the political will to do so and the very first thing to do is to stop pollution from the source.
And one of the main source is from the tens of thousands of food stalls all over the JB.
Everyday, those food stall vendors just conveniently throw their food waste and dish water into the nearby drains with run into the rivers and then to the Straits, no other way.
This include those from mobile pasar malam stalls, road side food stalls, and those housed in shophouses in the tamans are all doing the same.
Many bigger restaurants also usually wash their hundreds of dishes in back lanes throw the dish water into the drains.
And then join in by the hundreds of car wash shops all over contributing to the pollution.
They may have do resettlement, have to construct another major sewer line and network to capture all the waste water from these sources and most important, change the people's habit and mindset.
Do you think the state govt is able to change this practice within a short time without upsetting the people and their livelihood?
That's why I had always say that there's no way to clean up the rivers and the Straits without strong political will and a very big budget.

You are right. The source of pollution must be tackled first. And it is not easy to relocate factories and squatters along the river.
I used to stay beside Sg Batu in KL. I am also one of those culprits who dump rubbish into the river. It took KL City Hall 40 years to clean up the river and today the river now has fishes, so industrial waste is gone. But lorries come everyday to collect rubbish at the rubbish booms. No chance you can get a clean river unless you have a proper sewerage system in place.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just read this.

Has anyone thought that the existing rail btw jb and woodland could much more easily be converted to rts or the equivalent of it?

马来西亚长途火车从下月1日起不再进入新加坡,乘客必须转搭新的短程火车往来新山与兀兰。经常搭巴士往返两地的乘客表示,考虑改搭短程火车,以避开柔佛长堤的拥挤情况。

马来亚铁道公司日前宣佈,所有长途火车下个月起不再直接开入兀兰火车站。这些火车將停在新山中环综合车站,搭客必须改乘名为「Shuttle Tebrau」的短程火车服务进入新加坡。

短程火车服务每天共14趟,从新山与兀兰发车的列车服务各7趟。第一趟列车在凌晨5时30分从新山开往兀兰,最后一趟列车则在晚上10时离开新山;往新山的第一趟列车在清晨6时30分从兀兰出发,最后一趟列车则在晚上11时离站。

多数受访乘客表示,不介意多花一点钱搭短程火车,以节省往来新加坡与新山的时间。

陈丽敏(33岁,行政人员)说,她一年搭巴士到新山购物两三次,柔佛长堤每逢週末傍晚的拥挤情况十分严重,她曾困在车龙中长达一个多小时。

「搭火车可避开塞车,省下不少时间。我不是常常去新山,多花几块钱对我的影响不大。」

来自昔加末的林玉莲(72岁)每个月搭一次火车到新加坡探亲,她表示,接下来需要多上下火车一次,这將对年长者造成不便。她担心长途火车误点,以致赶不上最后一班短程火车。

hunter88

At least he is being honest. I do dislike when agents are singing praises to the property they marketed as though it is a sure win and everyone knows that in investment, there is no sure win... look at the recent tanglin penthouse sale... really hefty loss...

Hi Kslresidence. I also bought a unit in KSL @ Daya. my friend bought one beside me.

do you think the area will be developed?

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Kslresidence. I also bought a unit in KSL @ Daya. my friend bought one beside me.

do you think the area will be developed?

Frankly, that area is quite undeveloped now with just single lane road, if i remember correctly, leading to it.
Seems like there's no amenities near it.
The brochure marketed that its near the Kempas Hub.
I think its quite far from it.

I'm not sure the price cos I did not check.
But it must be sold much cheaper than their KSL City project....else not worth.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Frankly, that area is quite undeveloped now with just single lane road, if i remember correctly, leading to it.
Seems like there's no amenities near it.
The brochure marketed that its near the Kempas Hub.
I think its quite far from it.

I'm not sure the price cos I did not check.
But it must be sold much cheaper than their KSL City project....else not worth.

I "drove" around the place using Google Street View. Nice quiet place for retirement with small clusters of shophouses scattered around for daily necessities. Don't expect major development there in next 15 years. The only area there that has potential for more rapid growth is further up near the MacDonald/banks at the roundabout of Jalan Daya.

huatgugu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quote Originally Posted by Tekkun View Post
WARNING:

Asusguy (Moderator) , Relaxman, Highflyer, ZigZag, CS Long is the same person.
He talk to himself to create a false sense of activity in this forum. He ask questions using one nick and answers using another nick.
He is extremely anti Setia projects and will stop at nothing against them.
As moderator, he would delete any post that he does not like at his whims and fancies.
No wonder he had conveniently deleted posts by bros who were trying to educate him or stating facts about his favoured projects. This is a bloody scammed forum, first of its kind. Now, everyone can see why cslong and his clones are still around despite all his nonsense spewed. Hahaha cheers :smile:

Tobutobu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you to Malpaso and nusajaya 200 for the kind advice. Guess I will take a rain check on these developments then.

lynton

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia is so unstable and pricing is not cheap with the sliding ringgit value due to emerging market crisis and other internal issue. Agents are recommending me few new launches last time to invest in Iskandar, luckily I did not join the crowd.
I am thinking to invest in Cambodia given the same pricing, risk. In my opinion, the chinese in countries like thailand, indonesia, and cambodia are rich compare to iskandar. A lot of businessman from China, Malaysia, and Hong Kong already setting up their business over there.
And recently received an sms about the peak cambodia the latest new launch by oxley which i think is quite a good project because it is integrated with Shangri-La hotel. Better to invest with such international branding compare to Malaysia.

Any thoughts?

shawnabc77

Alfrescian
Loyal
lynton, i do agree with you. Cambodia now seems to be more happening than iskander.. maybe cos they using USD? lol

Though i think places in Kuala Lumpur like upcoming "The Colony" might seems to be good to invest too?

Singapore prohttp://www.propertyreview.sg/perty on the other hand, alot of taxes and regulation such as ABSD and TDSR. which is why now everybody buying oversea properties.

dumb1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia is so unstable and pricing is not cheap with the sliding ringgit value due to emerging market crisis and other internal issue. Agents are recommending me few new launches last time to invest in Iskandar, luckily I did not join the crowd.
I am thinking to invest in Cambodia given the same pricing, risk. In my opinion, the chinese in countries like thailand, indonesia, and cambodia are rich compare to iskandar. A lot of businessman from China, Malaysia, and Hong Kong already setting up their business over there.
And recently received an sms about the peak cambodia the latest new launch by oxley which i think is quite a good project because it is integrated with Shangri-La hotel. Better to invest with such international branding compare to Malaysia.

Any thoughts?

How much you know about Cambodia compared to Malaysia? Have you stayed there for sometimes?