• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Foreigners cannot buy from locals.
Locals cannot sell to foreigners.
Both meant the same thing.

Like I already say; this rule is 100% good for foreigners; because as a foreigner, I can sell my properties to both locals and foreigners.

Locals only can sell to local. The Malaysians are screwed.

That is how stupid this rule is, but I simply love it as a foreigner.

There's an implication behind it, (Foreigners cannot buy from locals or Locals cannot sell to foreigners, like LP = PL :biggrin: ).
As the sleeping dragon has awakened..:p

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here is the correct sequence of posts:

Heard new ruling - foreigner have to sell to local before 5 years. Anybody can confirm ?

I heard a different version today - Malaysians cannot sell to foreigners in secondary market. This was from an agent so not sure how reliable.

Yes, thought the new ruling was foreigners cannot buy resale from locals...

If anyone is able to understand and follow logic and simple rules of English, all I am saying is that I heard a different version from what Valdez posted (and not what Freedom posted). Freedom in his post is agreeing to what I posted.

Nice try. :smile:

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
My own opinion is that this rule very smart and well thought through in order to prevent Malaysians from buying multiple properties so that they may flip to foreigners, and perhaps get burnt if the market tanks for whatever reason.

Whether it is good or bad for foreigners, really depends. If it is a foreigner dominated areas, I agree, it is good for foreigners as they can sell to both. If more foreigners buy resale, they have to come to another foreigner. As a Malaysian, you have a problem as you cannot sell to foreigners. However, in Malaysian dominated areas, it does not really matter. There will be buyers anyway.

So perhaps, again, the rule is well thought through in order to prevent foreigners entering existing Malaysian dominated developments, as they cannot buy from Malaysians. This will prevent foreigners from running up the price and making it unaffordable for Malaysians.

The authorities perhaps don't care if prices run up in Foreign dominated areas. It the mostly the foreigners who will get burnt if prices tank.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As both locals and foreigners can buy directly from developers, there is no such thing as foreigners dominated area.

If foreigners sell to locals; the project will get more and more locals. The number of locals in a project will never decrease under the new ruling.

example.....

A project call "Stupid Ville" sold 100 units during launch.......

50 units sold to locals.
50 units sold to foreigners.

The number of owner whom is Malaysian will only go up as locals can only sell to locals.
If one foreigner sold a unit to a local, the number of local owner will be

51 locals
49 foreigners.

The new ruling will never increase foreigners number in any future project.:cool:

My own opinion is that this rule very smart and well thought through in order to prevent Malaysians from buying multiple properties so that they may flip to foreigners, and perhaps get burnt if the market tanks for whatever reason.

Whether it is good or bad for foreigners, really depends. If it is a foreigner dominated areas, I agree, it is good for foreigners as they can sell to both. If more foreigners buy resale, they have to come to another foreigner. As a Malaysian, you have a problem as you cannot sell to foreigners. However, in Malaysian dominated areas, it does not really matter. There will be buyers anyway.

So perhaps, again, the rule is well thought through in order to prevent foreigners entering Malaysian dominated areas and running up the price.

The authorities perhaps don't care if prices run up in Foreign dominated areas. It the mostly the foreigners who will get burnt if prices tank.

Just my opinion.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you read my post carefully, I am not necessarily talking about developer launches only, I am talking about 'existing developments' that are currently dominated by Malaysians and under the risk of price bubble in case foreigners started buying from Malaysians. And this has been happening in some of the developments around JB.

Oh yes, there are Existing Foreigner Dominated developments - East Ledang, Leisure Farm, Puteri Harbour - Imperia, Encorp, Puteri Cove .......

New Launches will get impacted as well. As I mentioned earlier, the number of Malaysian buyers will decrease in the initial developer launch as they will do less speculative buying as they cannot sell to foreigners. Yes, you do have a good point. The number of foreigners will not increase after the developer has sold their units. And that is exactly want they want, prevent foreigners from dominating resale so that prices are under control for the benefit of genuine Malaysian homebuyers.

Last edited:

dare2

Alfrescian
Loyal
There units reserved for by Bumis at hefty discount, the new ruling will prevent profiteering by well-to-do local Bumis as they are not able to sell to foreigners.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why Malaysia Gov so kiasu ? Got so much land what. You see , SG red dot private condos no restriction to foreigner , HDB also can let PRs buy what , I dont see any problem .
If foreigner keep buying until too much to stomach , just keep on increasing tax until they cannot tahan. Like SG now got ABSD 15% , no more crazy buying already, all Lei Long already !

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
There units reserved for by Bumis at hefty discount, the new ruling will prevent profiteering by well-to-do local Bumis as they are not able to sell to foreigners.

those bumi lots have always been restricted in sale, they cannot even resell to non bumi. so no diff for them

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia property news quite quiet recently..

Did the buying interest just dry up suddenly? Kinda strange. Seems quite slow.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia property news quite quiet recently..

Did the buying interest just dry up suddenly? Kinda strange. Seems quite slow.

actually just to give you a background, malaysia market has traditionally been slow and steady. only in 2007-2013 the market became super hot. now gov has stepped in, it's back to basics. actually i think it's good for market to take a breather.

Newbie11

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you read my post carefully, I am not necessarily talking about developer launches only, I am talking about 'existing developments' that are currently dominated by Malaysians and under the risk of price bubble in case foreigners started buying from Malaysians. And this has been happening in some of the developments around JB.

Oh yes, there are Existing Foreigner Dominated developments - East Ledang, Leisure Farm, Puteri Harbour - Imperia, Encorp, Puteri Cove .......

New Launches will get impacted as well. As I mentioned earlier, the number of Malaysian buyers will decrease in the initial developer launch as they will do less speculative buying as they cannot sell to foreigners. Yes, you do have a good point. The number of foreigners will not increase after the developer has sold their units. And that is exactly want they want, prevent foreigners from dominating resale so that prices are under control for the benefit of genuine Malaysian homebuyers.

Disagree that these are owned by majority foreigners

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
A brand new life for the Marina Jetty
Mar 12, 2014 - PropertyGuru.com.my

Kafe KGTE Sdn Bhd has currently given the RM40 million complex, the Marina Jetty in Tanjung Emas, Muar Johor a brand new lease of life. The company was being entrusted with the task of operating the Marina Jetty, once a white elephant since three years ago.

According to the Managing Director Datuk Azaran Abd Kadir, the company spent about RM1 million to turn the complex which had failed to function as a stopover for yachts and tour boats plying through the Straits of Melaka as originally meant, into a recreation centre.

"The complex is currently a recreational centre, where the public will soak up the sights and savour our cuisine, particularly in the afternoon," he told Bernama.

"We offer traditional Muar food like beriani, satay, mee bandung and also an array of western food," said Azaran.

Azaran said the complex's location was additionally appropriate for the hosting of weddings and alternative functions.

He added that the company planned to upgrade the complex at a price of RM1 million and would add 16 rooms for those interested to spend the night there besides offered area for jet-ski operators to be rent out at an affordable rate and docks for fishing boats and yachts.

Image Source:The New Straits Times

Farah Wahida, Editor of PropertyGuru, wrote this story. To contact her about this or other stories email [email protected]

http://www.propertyguru.com.my/property-news/2014/3/12029/a-brand-new-life-for-the-marina-jetty

Bruceli

Alfrescian
Loyal
the land where the old lorry custom used to be seems to be very busy recently. A lot of earthworks with lorries and tractors going in and out. Hoardings are being put up as well but there's no advertisement or notice of the on-going works.

anyone has any idea what's going on there ?

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This project soft launch in Oct 2011 and was price at RM420-RM480 back then.

Kimlun's wholly-owned subsidiary Kimlun Sdn Bhd had accepted the letter of award for the contract from Grand Action Sdn Bhd to build the project.

Just by sitting on the land; the developer profit is up another 70-80%. Well done....:kma:

View attachment 14732View attachment 14732
Golden Sands Sea view Residence - Next to THISTLE HOTEL / General hospital / JB Clock tower/padang & 3 minutes drive from JB CIQ , JB Town/ City square , Danga Bay,etc
30sty New freehold completing soon , price from rm700psf onwards.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
i heard the project is called R&F Princess Cove (富力公主湾)? anyone can verify this?

I saw some hoardings at the Old Lorry Customs. I thought the RTS is to be built at this location? Where is the RTS going to be built now? Strange....unless its an underground link to Singapore's Republic Poly station. We will know this Dec 14.....

inlinev4

Alfrescian
Loyal
The hoarding print said exactly that "R&F Princess Cove".

I saw some hoardings at the Old Lorry Customs. I thought the RTS is to be built at this location? Where is the RTS going to be built now? Strange....unless its an underground link to Singapore's Republic Poly station. We will know this Dec 14.....