• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

byfaith

Alfrescian
Loyal
wuqi

keen, please keep me in the loop.
looking to get one for my future retirement.

LH - how come no FH ?

Pls advise

Rocker

Alfrescian
Loyal
I see, when told friends about my plan, local friends and his family members (not property agent) took us around in Zone A and Zone B, and was told LH only avilable in Zone B i.e. Medini only. Appreciate to have this forum to understand more on Malaysia Properties. Happy to learn new things today and will certainly feedback to them too! Thanks to Wuqi and Gooddebt.

omnifly

Alfrescian
Loyal
Confirmation of sell out of afiniti. New record prices for LH condo at medini. From now on cannot get anything less than rm$800 psf at medini. AVIRA when launched could move the psf benchmark even higher. Bubble forming.

View attachment 10601

Iskandar Residences is still selling their 3br & 4br at RM600+ psf, 1 & 2 br fully sold too. Nearer to Puteri Harbour where prices are crazy now.

Many investors are snapping up the small units, but maybe the larger 3br units would be more popular in future for retirement or for expatriate families?

dare2

Alfrescian
Loyal
U mean you can find S$700 psf in SG? Or are you referring to elsewhere? I am pretty up to date with SG condos, and it is quite a herculean task to find S$700psf condo near MRT in SG....
Yup sold a 15 yr 99LH for 800psf last yr its abt 900psf now...

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Iskandar Residences is still selling their 3br & 4br at RM600+ psf, 1 & 2 br fully sold too. Nearer to Puteri Harbour where prices are crazy now.

Many investors are snapping up the small units, but maybe the larger 3br units would be more popular in future for retirement or for expatriate families?

Last I heard, studios in B1 still available from Metrohomes. I got my 2 bedder from them .But only very low floors. Huttons is only selling Blk A.

TrulyAsia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Valuation for Sky Executive is already ~RM550psf, Skyloft's resale price will most likely be higher upon completion by next year (probably on par with Sky Trees??)
The design of D'Rich @ Nusa Duta is quite interesting, personally quite fond of it and Idaman Residence is value buy at RM400+psf with homogenous tiles and built-in kitchen cabinet that are not given in Setia's Sky series in Bukit Indah. I find D'Ispire rather overpriced with latest increment of almost RM100K per unit after 1st block is fully sold, pricing for studio is ~800psf. Sometimes I wonder why D'Inspire could sell so well despite the traffic condition and East-West facing, is it because of roof top sky garden and the "1st in JB" golf simulator room?

Indeed, its a more developed estate with amenities which I think will appeal to Malaysians and Singaporeans alike. The resale prices of Sky Executive suites is abv 500psf? Am basing this on asking prices. I dont know what the actual resale prices are. If its in that range then no surprise that the next 2 Sky-s were sold at at least that price, and I hear higher floors of Sky Loft were also abv 500psf. My friend was offered a unit last year,abv 30th floor and didnt buy at that time as it was only unit left for 2 bedrooms but quantum about 800K.
I was hoping to grab something in BI but at these prices.....maybe I am too late
How about the condo nearer Bestari side, D'Inspire? Am not sure of the name, is it sold out?Price? There are also condos in Nusa Duta & Nusa Idaman. I hear the one at Nusa Duta just sold out. HH, had units about a month back, am unsure now.

jade apple

Alfrescian
Loyal
Valuation for Sky Executive is already ~RM550psf, Skyloft's resale price will most likely be higher upon completion by next year (probably on par with Sky Trees??)
The design of D'Rich @ Nusa Duta is quite interesting, personally quite fond of it and Idaman Residence is value buy at RM400+psf with homogenous tiles and built-in kitchen cabinet that are not given in Setia's Sky series in Bukit Indah. I find D'Ispire rather overpriced with latest increment of almost RM100K per unit after 1st block is fully sold, pricing for studio is ~800psf. Sometimes I wonder why D'Inspire could sell so well despite the traffic condition and East-West facing, is it because of roof top sky garden and the "1st in JB" golf simulator room?

I think D'Inspire can sell so well due to the guaranteed rental for the first few years. Unknowingly, at the price they paid for the unit, The buyer is paying themselves rental.

hippoheyhey

Alfrescian
Loyal

what's the psf studio for d'inspire 1st block? When you say 'Valuation for Sky Executive is already ~RM550psf' is it bank or seller valuation?

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sunway plans world-class Johor amusement parks

SUNWAY Bhd, controlled by Tan Sri Jeffrey Cheah, plans to build world-class amusement parks at its two project sites in Johor.

Sunway owns 752ha in Medini and Pendas in Iskandar Malaysia, which can easily generate more than RM30 billion in gross development value (GDV).

The company is planning to develop an education hub, amusement parks, malls, hotels, residences, offices and hospitals there.

According to Bill Holman, the consultant director for Sunway Lagoon Sdn Bhd (SLSB), the new amusement parks, which will be the first of their kind in Malaysia, will be built on par with international standards.
Among the world's most notable theme parks are Universal Studios, Disneyland, Knott's Berry Farm and Six Flags Magic Mountain (United States); Dreamworld and Warner Bros Movie World (Australia); Alton Towers (United Kingdom); PortAventura (Spain); Tivoli Gardens (Copenhagen) and Europa-Park (Germany).

Holman, however, declined to say if Sunway will replicate any of these amusement parks or other models.

"We are currently working on the design and concept. There will be a theme park and an eco park.

"We will take advantage of the natural surrounding with full control of river-front development on both sides of Sungai Pendas, sea front and the natural mangrove forest.

"We will look at ways to preserve these natural elements and build the theme parks around that. Visitors will be both entertained and educated," he said in an interview.

SLSB is a unit of Sunway that operates the Sunway Lagoon theme park in Bandar Sunway, Selangor. Holman is one of the founding fathers of Sunway Lagoon.

Under a company called Australia Leisure Industries (M) Sdn Bhd, Holman designed and helped to develop Sunway Lagoon, which commenced operations in 1990.

Other notable projects under his belt include Starhill water park in Johor Baru, Bukit Merah Laketown in Perak, Clarke Quay adventure ride in Singapore, and several other projects in Indonesia, Hong Kong and China.

Holman also helped to develop the Lost World of Tambun at Sunway City in Ipoh.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Asia Pacific property investments up 50.2%: C&W

Jun 11, 2013 - PropertyGuru.com.sg

By Nikki De Guzman:

The Asia Pacific region saw investment volumes soar by 50.2 percent to US$109.8 billion (S$138.27 billion) in Q1 2013, due to growing investments in both core and emerging markets.

According to the latest Capital Markets MarketBeat report by Cushman & Wakefield (C&W), core markets raked in seven-percent higher volumes in Q1 from the same period last year.

Meanwhile, merging market investments peaked to US$22.6 billion (S$28.46 billion), almost five times bigger than Q4 2012 and over 30 percent higher from Q1 of the same year.

“The APAC region remains a real target for investors. The outlook for China, especially in the core market of Shanghai is positive with investors looking at office and retail assets. In the emerging markets space, Southeast Asia continues to be favourable, with strong economic growth prospects and government investment programmes as well as committed measures at structural reforms,” said John Stinson, Managing Director for Asia Pacific Capital Markets at C&W.

However, subdued cross-border investments accounted for only 7.6 percent of total investments from 12.9 percent in Q4 2012.

“Foreign inflows into Malaysia this quarter have already surpassed the annual totals for each of the past four years; US$630.9 million (S$794.5 million), or 95.7 percent was invested into land sites in the Iskandar region,” said C&W, noting that prospects for sustained investments into real estate remain positive for the region.

“We expect investment volumes in emerging markets to rise this year,” added Stinson.

TrulyAsia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh yes, forgotten about the GRR though only available for larger units (months ago I checked there was no GRR for studio).
However I did not check whether studio is entitled for GRR after price hike :rolleyes:

I think D'Inspire can sell so well due to the guaranteed rental for the first few years. Unknowingly, at the price they paid for the unit, The buyer is paying themselves rental.

sammyboy168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Country Gardens Danga Bay already rocketed to 900+psf for their 2 bedder for the latest tower launch...

Anyone can advise if it is still a reasonable price to go in?

Any idea if RTS is goin to build near there?

Thanks!

jamestan88

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are many of such "programmes" available for U.S., Europe and other overseas properties.

An example of someone who got conned buying Turkish properties with guaranteed rental and even buy-back:

http://southofdub.blogspot.sg/2007/12/guaranteed-rental-scam.html

Greed is the biggest reason why people fall for such an old trick. To avoid this, I always remind myself to think like a businessman and not as a punter - what would the other party gain/benefit from the transaction?

If the equation is not balanced i.e. the other party has a lot (or everything) to lose and nothing (much) to gain without any pressing circumstantial conditions e.g. urgent need for money, then something does not smell right.

Normally money can be made only when:

a. there is an information/knowledge gap i.e. you have access to information or knowledge that many others do not have (through insight, connections, etc)

b. there is a change in environmental/situational conditions e.g. new MRT at the property doorstep

c. someone is selling his assets (whatever it may be) at distressed pricings due to his urgent needs which outweigh the "loss" of selling cheap

Market forces are generally efficient so the window of opportunity is small relative to the quantum of investment outlay required.

Haha, brother potter, you are absolutely correct. My maths always A1. But i also fell into the trap of guaranteed rental before . Once bitten, twice shy. Is a very expensive experience.